Health Discovery Network
CW

Today is that DAY!!!! Let's get busy!

I have to admit that i'm dreading this week on the new plan. I feel like i'm not going to be able to work it to it's full potential. I have had little to no time to read through it and absorb it all today. And this week I have finals for my two classes due by next sunday and progress reports for my students due very shortly.....

I understand WW wanted to set us up for success before the influx of new people after the holidays, but putting it between thanksgiving and the december holidays really is putting a LOT of stress on me... more than I thought it would. Hopefully I can just coast through this week day by day and then work on really getting into the program next weekend!

weight.png

I have to admit that i'm dreading this week on the new plan. I feel like i'm not going to be able to work it to it's full potential. I have had little to no time to read through it and absorb it all today. And this week I have finals for my two classes due by next sunday and progress reports for my students due very shortly.....

I understand WW wanted to set us up for success before the influx of new people after the holidays, but putting it between thanksgiving and the december holidays really is putting a LOT of stress on me... more than I thought it would. Hopefully I can just coast through this week day by day and then work on really getting into the program next weekend!

I would bet that there's no law that says you can't stick with the old plan, and old points values, etc., through the end of the year and then start up with the new method in 2011. Would that help with the stress?

I don't think it would. I think that because I go to meetings it would confuse me more. And i've been dancing around the same 3lbs for the last 3 months... and still have an additional 25 to lose. I KNOW it will be a great kickstart for me and I want to do it ASAP, i'm just stressed and torn about how to go about this. Does that make sense?

weight.png

Ann- went to a meeting today- canada rolls out a week later- so in meetings next Sunday Dec 5 and on etool Mon Dec 6. Was so dissappointed- but I rejoined anyway. But etools remembered me since the fall of 2004 including data activities etc. I was amazed.

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

ahhh... decisions decisions - I never seem to use the books or calculator at all because I have e-tools and use the WW mobile site but I always buy them.... so wondering if I should actually buy the deluxe kit?! Anyone have an opinion yet on if the deluxe kit is a must have for us online only people?

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Thanks Arlene. I think I will wait until it rolls out in Canada before I go back to a meeting.

I've off going for such a long time, one more week won't hurt. I just wish the leader I used to have still worked for WW. She was a bit different and didn't really conform to some of the WW standards, but she was excellent and had a huge following. Her meetings were always packed. The powers that be told her to conform or leave. Sigh..... I've never had a leader I liked as much. Oh well, I guess I'll get the new stuff and see what happens.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

ahhh... decisions decisions - I never seem to use the books or calculator at all because I have e-tools and use the WW mobile site but I always buy them.... so wondering if I should actually buy the deluxe kit?! Anyone have an opinion yet on if the deluxe kit is a must have for us online only people?

Personally I think it really depends on you. I tend to use both (although I use eTools more than the books, when it's available). My dd, who has eTools, uses the books exclusively and tracks on paper. Dh, uses eTools only, no books at all. I do find that even though I use eTools I also have to have the calculator, but if you have access to the mobile site, you wouldn't need that.

You might want to wait a few weeks to see how you do without the books and decide if you want/need them.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Ok, now panic is setting in. I'm starting to look up some familiar things. One of my favorite recipes that I have several portions of in the freezer is Black Beans & Bulgur.

1/2 C Bush's Black Beans - 1pt old plan, 3pts new plan

1 C bulgur - 2pts old plan, 4pts new plan

I'm starting to see a disturbing trend here.

I know tomatoes are "free", but when you put them into a etools recipe you first have to create the item with nutritional information.

A serving of tomatoes - 0pt old plan, 2pts new plan.

The new etools will handle this how? I know, rhetorical question, can't be answered till tomorrow. But the point is, choices I've been making for the last year and a half, even healthy choices, are not looking so good now. They were becoming 2nd nature, easy.

It's 9pm, I'm frustrated, and I'm off to etools to save this week's data before the software changes and I can't get to it anymore.

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

wow lots to learn, thats ok, just hope my leader can get thru it all w/o too many interuptions

Amen. I'm concerned about this as well. All it takes is one person to derail something like this and ruin it for the others.

Guest chellybats

BULGAR is 4 pts a cup now? ...I might've just crapped myself a little.

...God, now I'm scared for extra firm tofu.

That's great if 1% milk is considered one of the super foods. I just can't do skim unless it's cooked into something. The thought of drinking "blue" milk gags me. LOL

The materials are confusing about this, but only fat free milk is a power food.

Saw one blogger who decided to share a lot on the new program, if you're interested.

Click here for what they wrote.

Thank you so much for posting this SBXLI! -- I was given wrong info at the meeting (I was told that there is no Simply Filling component to the program), and this blogger actually showed the page in the Getting Started book that made it clear that WW hasn't dropped Simply Filling. Whew - I was actually wondering if I was going to be able to continue doing WW, since Si-Fi has been so incredibly workable for me. I hadn't had time to sit down with the book yet (yeah, yeah, but I did have time to come here....), so I was especially glad to have it pointed out by danica.

Thanks again.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

Finally! Now you guys and I have the same program! For the first time! I am so happy!

We've had this program here for a year now, and people have had great result. (My lack of results this yeat has NOTHING to do with the program, but my lack of what, committment?)

Dandy, and others comparing the program, remember that you have more points per day now! And some things have the same points! If the programs actually are the same in the US and here, eggs are still the same number of points as in the old program.

Question: in your online material, is there a box you chan check for the power foods that will make the points value the same regardless of amount? Is that the diamond thing? (Just trying to figure out if they are the same)

Paris, good to see you!

/Hanna

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

Second Hanna's excitement... I have not been happy with the Australian program since I moved here from Canada in July (no weekly points!!)

But now it looks like we are all going to be on the same program which is so much better!

Ann - I saw your post about your old leader and I know who you were talking about, she was really great!! However I sent you a PM about a good leader who works in your area (at least she did in July when I left).

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Liberal- my 1% milk that i'm eating in my cereal right now was listed in the blue book (the one with the short A-Z list) as a power food, but NOT on the etools tracker.... i'm VERY confused. enlighten me!

weight.png

CW, so you got in your etools? I'm trying but no luck, so far. I think I'll go to a meeting today and get a calculator

I am very tempted to get to a meeting today. Hmmm...

I hate WIs. I have compulsive tendencies centered around the result of the WI. I would rather WI once a month. Can I do that with WW these days? Any advice for me guys? This is kind of a dealbreaker...

MO#83