Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

SUNDAY Core/SiFi

Hi Buddies...I hope I can keep this up, Karen and Donna, but sometimes it's very very hard!

I was just checking on the WW site to see "what's up" with the new programs. Sounds like exciting stuff. :bcb_smile

That's an amazing first day for your daughter, Soda! I bet they LOVE her already! :bcb_bigsm

I'll be anxious to hear, too, what you all think when you get your materials. And whether you're going to stay SF or go Power Points. :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

Just had my first slip and fall on the ice - not nice- fortunately did not injure anything, just feel the pull in my already injured knee.

Having to try this thyroid medication may have some beneficial effects for me weight wise.

I take it at bedtime and cannot eat for three hours beforehand and nothing afterwards so no late night eating anymore : )

Off to see some art this afternoon, drive DD to work and have a "to go" lunch packed of salad, leftover bean casserole, and blueberries with oatmeal.

See you later

Guest sodacracker

Hi Carol,

I think I will try Power Points - am curious to see how different it is, and of course to see if it helps me get back to goal.

Hang in there today - thinking of you (())

Take gentle care of yourself, Carol.

I'm thinking about going to the noon Monday WW meeting after my spin class. I'm so interested in the new program that I don't think I can wait until Wed eve. Might go to that class also just to get different perspective.

Oats and apple with almond milk this morning. Ahh, vacation until Saturday!

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Hey buddies. Just got home from my weekend excursion. It was a blast. One of my old friends from middle school/high school was at my best friend's house also, and it was so much fun to see him again.

Did well this weekend. Dinner last night was completely core except the mashed potatoes so I went ahead and counted 2 points for them. I drank a lot of wine, but I also earned APs, so I think it all balanced out. I expect to maintain this week and not lose. I had originally hoped for a loss, but I'll be ok with maintaining. I also decided if I end up a bit up, then I'll live. I don't think that will happen, but I'm preparing myself in case. There was a lot of wine this week because of the holiday. Even when I stay OP, wine tends to always impact my losses.

I am not a paying member of WW at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm going to join online to read about the new plan or not. I probably won't do meetings either way. I like Core a lot, and so I may just stick with it. Is there a Simply Filling Technique in this new plan?

Carol, I'm sorry about your mom. I'm thinking of you and your family, and sending your mama lots of mojo.

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

This is from Shellybeans920 on the General Thread.

CW thinks it is ok as he posted after her and didn't pull it.

I find it very helpful, as it makes the decision for me to go to the Monday noon meeting.

Posted by Shellybeans920-

" It's a bit different but not too much. The points that you know need to be recalculated. The new points factor in protein, carbs,fat and fiber (NO calories!) to get the points. MOST fruits and veggies are 0 points and are "power foods" (which are like the green diamond filling foods). The exceptions are starchy ones, avacados and then dried and fruit juices. The minimum daily points are 29, and then you get 49 extra points for the week. They have the computer automatically figure out your daily points, but it's NOT like the other program because they don't take into consideration how much activity you do. I'm not sure how an at home member would figure it out. I had 23 on momentum and now have the minimum of 29...so it's different. Foods that are "bad" are higher in points- those 1pt bars that they sell in meetings are now 2 or 3 points, but you get more points every day and the calculation is different. YOU HAVE TO GET A CALCULATOR OR USE Etools! They don't provide a paper one- my leader said that they had the best graphic engineers in the country trying to make one but because it had 4 fields, it was too difficult and they had too many problem. BUT if you are a member you can get one for $6 which is half off. They are calculating AP's differently too...there's a chart in the book instead of a pull out and i just did a few mock ones and they are NOT the same... you will be getting more AP's for the same amount of work it looks like. There IS still simply filling- it's the power foods list. Which now includes reduced fat breads (bread and then english muffins) and flavored fat free yogurts! The etools and ww page will be updated at midnight, as will the iphone ap. And then there are going to be smartphone aps (for blackberry and andriods!) "shortly after" that... so we'll see when they come out i guess. "

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

Hello...it's been too long my dear Core/SiFi friends,

Thought I'd get back with it with all of the excitement of the new program and can always use more support etc...

Carol~My prayers are with you and your family now...take care!

Soda~Great to see you back on the boards as well. We have plenty of snow here. It started last Saturday and it just keeps coming! Too early in my opinion! :)

Donna~I am so intrigued by the post and the information of the new program. I am an etools subscriber so I guess I will be off to a good start.

Hope to check in again soon...take care buddies!

Kim

weight.png

There really isn't anything in the new program called POWER POINTS... the old Filling Foods list has been somewhat revamped and they are now called POWER FOODS... perhaps this is what is causing the confusion.

Lifetimer for life!

wecanbegintofeed.blogspot.com

Guest sodacracker

gb, that was helpful. Sounds like they have adjusted the SiFi part of the Program to be more user friendly if they are allowing Weight Watcherr bread and ff sweetened artificially sweetened yogurt.

For me, tracking will remain my issue - food choices are good, healthy and varied and I get a lot of fruit and vegetables in every day, it is the wishy washy counting of extra points that does me in.

I think those that eat Core/SiFi are not going to find this very different.

Tell us what you hear tomorrow Donna.

Everyone else - nice to see you and I will be back tomorrow. Off to post food intake for today.

This is from Shellybeans920 on the General Thread.

"There IS still simply filling- it's the power foods list. "

That was definitely NOT what I was told at the meeting I went to (not my regular meeting). When I asked the receptionist if Core/Si-Fi would be on the new program, she told me to ask the leader who was conducting the meeting. When I asked the leader (before the meeting, which started late because of the huge number of people still in line to weigh in), she sort of blew me off and didn't answer. Then, when I asked AGAIN, in the question part of the meeting, she said "No, everyone is supposed to be on the same program. There is only one program - Points Plus." But I distinctly got the impression from her that she didn't know what I meant by "Core/Si-Fi/Simply Filling Technique" (I did use all three terms the last time I asked the question, because she looked at me oddly when I said "Core") - but she's been a leader for 25+ years, so it's not like she wasn't here when Core was introduced and used.

Anyway, I will be VERRRRRRY interested to hear from Leaders on this board what their understanding of this is. Please enlighten us!

[EDIT - ADDITION] Just found a link on another thread to a blog that showed an excerpt from the new Getting Started book. Contrary to what I was told at my meeting, on p. 48 of the GS book, the Simply Filling technique is described, and it's obvious that it is a part of the program. So I guess I shouldn't believe everything I hear. I really wish if someone doesn't know something, they would just say "Can I get back to you on that?" I am SO relieved - Core/SiFi has worked very well for me, and I did NOT want to stop doing it.

I'm SO grateful for this BB - MANY times, I've gotten a clear answer here! :bcb_up

Guess I should have read the materials before panicking!

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

Guest sodacracker

I would not be surprised if there was confusion about the existence of a Core/SiFi type program in this new roll out. There was confusion and misinformation with it when they introduced it and when SiFi came out and they said everyone on Core had to switch to points counting until week 6, and well, that turned out to be wrong. :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

so, a second night on thyroid medication and again very noticeable the impact of not being able to eat for three hours before bed. Effectively eliminates all night time snacking. Today was weird for me, felt like I only had about 8 hours to fit in my meals. I started my day later than usual being the weekend, had the morning fruit and veg smoothie then, lunch at 3 because that's when I got hungry, and dinner was late while I waited to feel hungry and then it was 7:30 and no more time to eat.

Very curious to see how this feels in a week.

Excellent link, gb. That really does help.

Kim, I am so glad to see you back. I've been following you on FB, but it is good to see my old buddy back here.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

Soda, it will be very interesting to see if your weight decreases with no before bedtime eating.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.