Health Discovery Network
LillieG

So, did you buy the new starter kit?

I did, because the teal color reminded me of Florida, and made me feel warmer. Seriously, I love new stuff, and always depend on the Dining Out Guide. The cookbook looks interesting - very basic, nothing fancy. And of course the calculator. I think WW did a good job of making it VERY easy to use. I've never tried using a 3 month tracker before - I was one who always threw them away at the end of the week. This will be a good opporturnity to see eating patterns, and to have some foods already looked up as to points value.

I bought it -- partly as as "safety blanket." I wanted to make sure I had all the tools I could possibly use at my fingertips.

The one thing I'm especially happy about is the 3-month tracker, which I've never used before or even thought of getting before, but at a glance I really like it.

Kos

I'm on staff, so I'll be getting one free. I already have the Complete Food Companion and the calculator. I've told my dd to buy the Deluxe Kit and use the coupon for the free calculator. She has eTools but uses the books and calculator most of the time.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I did but was disappointed to find my location in Saginaw, MI, decided not to carry the deluxe one since the carrier looked good on line to me. The non-deluxe has a cheapie cardboard box and no free calculator. But I have always used the restaurant guides and complete food book the ten months I have been doing Momentum. I bought the new food scale which kind of hurt because it is more expensive but again a tool I love and I like hitting the button and having it tell the points. Since these tools have been important to me (and I have lost 84 pounds during the last ten months), I knew I would want them. There is a five dollar coupon on the basic starter kit toward the food scale so that was nice. The program looks good. I have 48 pounds to go and I am sure this program will keep me on a good path.

I am debating.

When I lost 75lbs on Weight Watchers I always had my kit in hand. It came with me to work, it was always in my car and I always tracked on paper.

Now that I have a monthly pass I tend to track with eTools and with the iPhone app, but to be honest I am not in love with the eTools interface and I generally feel more comfortable calculating the points value of something myself rather than trusting a database that I have no control over. I DO have regular access to a computer now though, and I stay at home with our daughter so I am not in need of resources on the go nearly as much as I was before.

I think I might hold off a week and see how I do with just the computer and iPhone app.

Shelly

SW: 199.0

CW: 172.2

GW: 150

I bought the kit because, in the past, I've relied heavily on the Dining Out Companion. That, and I wanted the calculator and journal. Plus, this new member's kit is WAY nicer than the last one they rolled out with the cheap drawstring baggie. I LOVE the binder it comes in. Very nice!

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

I'm actually a little frustrated because there really aren't any printable "Points Lists" that I can find on the WW website--so although I'm paid up, I can't easily look at a list to make my plan. Since all the values have changed, I can't make an educated guess until I go to the tracker, plug in a generic food and then sort through the list, a pain when I rummage through the cabinets--and this is NOT something I can do when I'm out shopping!!!

They have a printable Power Foods list (which is great!!! It takes some digging to find SiFi on the site too, but it's there) but nothing to help me decide well between pointed foods. I like to have printed materials to look over, especially when the program changes.

I'll have to buy all the print materials (which, I really feel like I shouldn't have to...since I PAID for the online membership, and you used to be able to get these materials...*grumbles*). So I guess I will get the starter kit, and likely cancel the online membership.

So far the plan looks pretty good, overall. It reminds me more and more of the British "Slimming World" with each program change.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I'll have to buy all the print materials (which, I really feel like I shouldn't have to...since I PAID for the online membership, and you used to be able to get these materials...*grumbles*). So I guess I will get the starter kit, and likely cancel the online membership.

So far the plan looks pretty good, overall. It reminds me more and more of the British "Slimming World" with each program change.

Which kit are you going to buy? Sounds like a good idea to me.

:wave: ~*~ Amy

Which kit are you going to buy? Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'll go to a meeting location and get the basics, with 3 month tracker, food lists, and the little calculator--the deluxe kit? I like the 3-mo trackers quite a lot. I was going to duck into a meeting and get one or two of those anyway

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I debated buying the deluxe kit, but honestly I mostly just use etools. I did like the color though!

I ended up just buying a calculator and a 3 month journal. I might buy the kit later on depending on finances and if I think I will need it.

DD

Starting again in 2010!

HW:293.6

CW:286.6

10% GW: 264.3

weight.png

both kits were sold out online last night! I don't usually use the books anyway so I guess it's a sign I don't need them!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Okay, okay. I broke down and bought the deluxe kit after all.

I made goal on Weight Watchers the first time carrying around my Flex Plan kit everywhere I went. I am going back to basics and tracking on paper because I find that I really do not like the eTools interface. I will still use eTools for the recipe builder and to search foods, but I am pledging to track on paper until my 3 month journal runs out.

Shelly

I want to buy it, but I don't really NEED it, since I have etools. I think I'll probably just buy the calculator and maybe a journal.

Cammie

weight.png

I didn't need to buy the new kit but I did everything fresh and new!!!!

I have etools but really only use it for recipes and things of that nature, i have to actually write in a jounal!!!!

I think the buttons on the new calculator are really SMALL!!!!!

Lifetime12/31/00

Officially a non smoker as of 9:00 pm 01/24/01

Goal: 150

Weight 189

Premier all natural made in the USA pet products

You can now order directly from my website

http://www.sandym.foreveryhome.net

I think the buttons on the new calculator are really SMALL!!!!!

The leader at tonight's meeting actually handed out cute Christmas pencils because she found that she could not operate the new calculator with her long nails, and her solution was to use a pencil eraser to press the buttons!

Shelly

Bought it; love it. Think it is definitely worth the 34.95....an early Christmas present to myself. :)

FREEDOM'S just another word for NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE.

:bcb_smile

Bought it; love it. Think it is definitely worth the 34.95....an early Christmas present to myself. :)

Exactly my thoughts

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Anyone know how extensive the dining out companion guide is?

I haven't seen it yet. I've heard it has more restaurants, but I don't know what that means. I did find out that only the restaurants that provide ni to WWers are included. They send requests out to all of the major chains, but some of them chose not to participate and that's why you won't see them in there.

If you ask about certain restaurants I can see if they are in eTools, and if so they should also be in the Dining Out Guide.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I haven't seen it yet. I've heard it has more restaurants, but I don't know what that means. I did find out that only the restaurants that provide ni to WWers are included. They send requests out to all of the major chains, but some of them chose not to participate and that's why you won't see them in there.

If you ask about certain restaurants I can see if they are in eTools, and if so they should also be in the Dining Out Guide.

Could you please check for Whataburger, Long John Silver's and Bill Miller BBQ? Those are the three places I tend to eat out other than Mcdonald's which I'm sure is in there.

Thanks!

ETA: OOPs! Didn't see you where checking eTools - I have that already so just trying to see if its in the book.

DD

Starting again in 2010!

HW:293.6

CW:286.6

10% GW: 264.3

weight.png

Can you believe my center was out of the Deluxe kit, already, by the time of my meeting (Wednesday @ 6)? True. I ended up buying the Essential Kit and the calculator separately.

Can you believe my center was out of the Deluxe kit, already, by the time of my meeting (Wednesday @ 6)? True. I ended up buying the Essential Kit and the calculator separately.

My dd attends her meeting tomorrow night. I've been telling her to get the Deluxe Kit and a calculator (using the coupon). I sure hope they still have them by the time she gets there.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Could you please check for Whataburger, Long John Silver's and Bill Miller BBQ? Those are the three places I tend to eat out other than Mcdonald's which I'm sure is in there.

Thanks!

ETA: OOPs! Didn't see you where checking eTools - I have that already so just trying to see if its in the book.

I was assuming that the same restaurants would be in the book and online. I could be wrong though.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02