Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

WW Members Say The Darnest Things

At my meeting tonight, the leader goes through the entire new program. The meeting room is packed. SRO. At least 65 people in the room for a meeting that usually draws about 25 on a good night. (An average night might be closer to 20.)

And, then, she says, "Does anyone have any questions?"

The first question from the floor: "I saw Jennifer Hudson on TV the other night and she looked great. How long has she been on PointsPlus?"

I mean, really, is that the first and most important question that comes to mind when a new program like this is rolled out? Bless my leader. She's a pro. Within two seconds she confirmed that Hudson does look great and quickly transitioned to the next question without going down the road of whether or not she's on PointsPlus yet.

All the other questions were on point. Do we still get APs? What about my old cookbooks? Why did they have to increase the points on my glass of wine? Stuff like that.

Heard any wacky questions in your meetings?

My first meeting is tonight and we have a couple of whacko's in there that I am sure will have questions that are going to make me want to slap them. One always brings up s*x. Always. She and her sister think it is hilarious. I hope the leader is prepared for those two. They talk to each other most of the meeting and then ask stupid questions that were clearly addressed while they were talking. Stay tuned.....

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

One person at the meeting asked "Does that mean I can now eat 5 bananas a day for zero points?"

The WW leader said, "If that's what it takes for you to feel physically satisfied, then yes. The key is to eat until you are satisfied but no more."

What I thought was, "I really should buy stock in bananas, because those seem to be the hot ticket item on this new plan!"

Kos

but really 5 bananas to feel satisfied? I liked your leaders' answer. That could but it for anything 0 pts. If you abuse that little gem, it'll backfire. I did buy more than usual myself too. 1. they were on sale 2. cute little chubby bananas :)

I'm weird but I think packing alittle chubby banana is DH's lunch is too funny LOL

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Steve - the member's question is pretty ridiculous! One meeting I went to this week, the leader did tell us (as one of her first points of excitement about the plan) that Jennifer Hudson lost all of her weight on PointsPlus. I don't know if that's true. Seems made up to me! In all of the prior ads for WW with J-hud on them, it said "momentum." So... someone is toying with my emotions.

Either way... the plan is great and J-Hud probably has personal chefs and trainers helping to to follow whichever iteration of the plan she's on.

Karen - I agree, and, that's why I always thought that "celebrity endorsers/users" are a farce.

Yes, they're like us in that they need to lose or maintain weight. But, they don't have the "real world" challenges that we face - working 50 hours a week, dealing with children's school woes, trying to squeeze in time for exercise, eating on the run, etc.

And, it is a lot easier to get the weight thing under control when you have someone to cook your meals and someone else to push you through your workouts - and having time to get them in without having to get up at 5 am, etc.

We - the normal folk - should not expect that their journey is the same as ours.

Jennifer Hudson was following PointsPlus, but I don't know for how long.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I disagree about your opinions about how easy JH has it or had it. Superstar celebrities have their own challenges and problems. I remember hearing that she makes her own food etc...

Also, think about it. If you had TONS of money, you could eat tons of bad food.

Also, she must be very busy with her life and her work and just being a celebrity, so the temptation of just getting some comfortable and bad for you must be great.

It does us no service to imagine her as a pampered celebrity.

MO#83

We were told in our meeting that Jennifer Hudson did not follow the PointsPlus program. So many different answers..........

I'm WWer staff and I was sure I'd read on our staff site that she had been following PointsPlus. Hmm.......

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Karen - I agree, and, that's why I always thought that "celebrity endorsers/users" are a farce.

Yes, they're like us in that they need to lose or maintain weight. But, they don't have the "real world" challenges that we face - working 50 hours a week, dealing with children's school woes, trying to squeeze in time for exercise, eating on the run, etc.

And, it is a lot easier to get the weight thing under control when you have someone to cook your meals and someone else to push you through your workouts - and having time to get them in without having to get up at 5 am, etc.

We - the normal folk - should not expect that their journey is the same as ours.

Yeah, ask Oprah how that worked for her. :bcb_wink3

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Mike, Luanne - Of course, I respect your right to disagree with me. Never said I was right - just said it was my opinion. And, we know that opinions are like...well, you know, we all have one. Different strokes and all that.

Hey guys. JH has a blog on WW website, I'll provide the link: http://community.weightwatchers.com/Blogs/UserBlog.aspx?blogid=1024134

I'm unsure you'll be able to see it or not if you're not registered, but she did post a little something about what ya'll are discussing:

"Hey guys, just wanted to tell you how much I love the new PointsPlus program. I was lucky to have my leader give me a special sneak peek to the plan several weeks ago. I have to admit, at first, when she told me they were changing the plan I was nervous. I had so much success with the old plan that I was afraid to change anything! We sat down and she explained it all to me and the first thing out of my mouth was "this plan is so smart." On the old plan it seemed like a better bargain to have a sweet treat over a lean piece of chicken breast even though eating protein made me fuller and more satisfied. But the PointsPlus program nudges you to choose the chicken. Everything about it simply makes sense to me. So don’t be shy, jump in and be positive!"

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs