Health Discovery Network
LillieG

Great success - but might be a "head trick"

The new program has been fantastic for me these past 3 days. November is best forgotten in terms of how I did, so really needed something new to give me a kick start. I suspect that if I worked out the points on both old and new, I would find I would be eating the same. My favorite breakfast is Nutrigrain Waffles with Peanut Butter and a banana - strange, no. Both the waffles and the peanut butter have gone up a point, but since the banana is free, it all "costs" the same - 7 points. There is something about new materials and a new system that has gotten me all back on track, so I can't say if the new program is better - probably anything new would have done the same. But hey, I'll take it. I had regained 4 pounds and now three of them are off. Three more, and I would get me 30 pound star by the end of the year, and that would be great!

Good luck with your goal Lillie.

I think the new program is good because it brings us in line with others in the fitness community who balance fat, protein and carbs religiously for their nutritional needs. Knowing the amount of carbs in things is gonna blow along of peoples' minds.

MO#83

LillieG ... It's great that the new program is working out so well for you. I think this is partly a "head trick" for many of us as we re-think, re-discover, and re-commit.

Kos

Good morning, I just complete my first day yesterday of the new program. I've been on WW for so many years and through so many programs, but as I completed my first day, I was thinking that the new program is indeed part "mental" which isn't a bad thing. I did have a pity party sometimes thinking I only have 18 points, the new program makes me feel like I have more to eat "mentally" LOL. It does however focus on better nutrition, and I ate a banana yesterday. I enjoy banana's and fruit but honestly - I did avoid them because I chose to eat other things for the points instead, so, I do think I will be eating healthier.

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Good morning, I just complete my first day yesterday of the new program. I've been on WW for so many years and through so many programs, but as I completed my first day, I was thinking that the new program is indeed part "mental" which isn't a bad thing. I did have a pity party sometimes thinking I only have 18 points, the new program makes me feel like I have more to eat "mentally" LOL. It does however focus on better nutrition, and I ate a banana yesterday. I enjoy banana's and fruit but honestly - I did avoid them because I chose to eat other things for the points instead, so, I do think I will be eating healthier.

I have been on every program WW ever had since 1970, and I think this is THE BEST! It's only been three days for me, but I can honestly say that I am not hungry and especially not hungry between meals. I know that I was not making the best choices with my points, and it has stalled my weight loss many times over the years. I really don't care if it is a "head trick"; it's working for me. I feel rejuvenated and excited for the first time in a long time......just as if it was 1970 all over again.

I also do not think it is complicated as some have said. All it takes is sitting down and reading the materials and adjusting to new point values.

Thanks WW! It was just what I needed

FREEDOM'S just another word for NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE.

I will jump in as a cheerleader for the new plan!

I am only on my second day, but I am so pleased with how it is going so far! With the old plan I often felt "points anxiety" at the end of the day if I ran out of points before the day was over. Now that fruit is free I no longer worry because I always have a snack option that is filling satisfying, and delicious! (On the old plan I didn't find many zero point foods that were actually filling, aside from plain vegetables which are boring!) I was also really afraid that I would feel like I was eating SO MUCH MORE but despite having seven additional points to work with during the day I found that I ate about the same as I normally would. Granted, I had spaghetti and meatballs from my freezer for dinner last night and since I didn't save the recipe I had to guess what the new points value was. On the old plan it was one point per meatball so I just estimated two points per meatball which made it a high point meal.

Shelly

SW: 199.0

CW: 172.2

GW: 150

I love the new program. Head trick or not it has so many people motived and that is a good thing. Good luck to everyone. Have a great day!!!!!!!

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

I just returned to WW yesterday after many years and I think the new plan looks pretty good at first glance. It's good to know that we have some people here that are already losing weight on it. I love the little calculator thingy. It's so much more convenient than that cardboard slide thing. And it fits in my purse like a powder compact. Very cool!

weight.png

Returned to WW on 12/2/10, starting the new Points Plus program at 151.5 lbs.

I agree! I've been on since Monday and love it! It's definetly nudging me to make better choices nutritionally. I love it. I feel like I'm back into the honeymoon phase, all new and exciting and maybe just what I needed to make it back to goal. I havn't been there since 2001. Wow, that is hard to say.

Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle

Proverbs 31:25

weight.png

Might be all in my head but it's showing on the scale so fine by me! LOVE it! I'd been stuck since the beginning of Oct and got a nice drop this week!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I went to WW yesterday and just the excitement of the meeting has got me fired up once again to do the plan. I really feel as others that it is a head game but that's ok by me. I needed some thing to get me going, it has been since 03 that I have reached my goal. I keep it off for 3 + years and 50# has slowly krept back on, but I feel confident I can get back to goal with this new program, which I am liking so far. I wish everyone well and success to reach thier goal and to be healthy. Thanks for this board.

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

I'm really loving the new plan so far. I lost 4.2 lbs from Monday-Friday (my WI day). I'd say that's a nice change!

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

Blanca, congrats on the 4.2 weight loss! That's fantastic! Did you start WW on Monday or just change over to the new program from the old on Monday?

weight.png

Returned to WW on 12/2/10, starting the new Points Plus program at 151.5 lbs.