Health Discovery Network
LillieG

This Free Fruit Thing Will Be Better in the Summer

I like fruit in season, so of course, there isn't much selection in the market right now. I going to be more excited about 0 points fruit once the growing season gets in gear. Having said that, I like the "no fear of bananas' era we've entered!

I'm enjoying pineapple, bananas, clementines, all varieties of apples, some grapes, and I have a grapefruit in my fridge ....

I'm glad I ordered from my child's florida citrus sale, before I knew about this change coming up ... we've got some tangelos, red navels, grapefruits and some others coming our way!! Yum!!

But you're right, fresh blueberries, blackberries,strawberries, cherries, peaches, watermelon ....

By then the "newness" of 0 point fruit will have worn off - and it will be easier to eat to satisfaction. This is a good thing!!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

I'm enjoying pineapple, bananas, clementines, all varieties of apples, some grapes, and I have a grapefruit in my fridge ....

Me to I love all these fruits now especially clementines.

I saw the prettiest picture of a citrus salad in Whole Living magazine this month. I think it was sections of pink grapefruit, tangerines, maybe clementines and sliced kiwi. I'm not sure what the dressing was, but it looked just beautiful.

weight.png

Returned to WW on 12/2/10, starting the new Points Plus program at 151.5 lbs.

This week I've had some out-of-season fruits - like fresh strawberries, raspberries, and cantalope - that I believe they shipped in from South America. Today I saw a full-size seedless watermelon in the store too - but it would have been about $12, so I passed.

Like many others, I generally prefer to buy local ... and I do frequent the farmer's markets, which are in operation about 6 months out of the year where I live.

That said, this week with the new PointsPlus program, I felt like treating myself with some of my favorite fruits and went ahead and splurged.

Kos

I am eagerly anticipating fresh fig and fresh peach season! I've got apples and pears, oranges, and pomegranates now--all in season. Sadly, the clementines here have looked a little saggy so far.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I too can't wait for the pineapples, mangos, and strawberries again. But I'm currently enjoying my free bananas, apples, cherries, and of course: my darling clementines!

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

I agree! I can't wait for canteloupe and watermelon!

Right now the only affordable fruits in my area are grapefruit and bananas. Apples were cheap but have recently doubled in price.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

The Costco in my area has started carrying organic red and green apples so I've been buying a lot of those. We also have a lot of oranges and clementines in the fruit bowl now. And of course, bananas.

Nectarines and plums are my favorites, but have to wait for summer for those.

weight.png

Returned to WW on 12/2/10, starting the new Points Plus program at 151.5 lbs.