Health Discovery Network
m-omentum

Fat Free Milk

Hopefully this isn't too silly of a question :)

Is Skim Milk the same as Fat Free Milk? I'm not sure I've ever seen a carton of FF Milk. Yet, I noticed that FF MILK is 0 points on the simply filling plan. I bought skim milk due to the fact that is said 0% fat

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

I figured and hoped so, as I wasn't counting it as points - Thanks for the response!

Milk is an example, for me at least, of something that is worth more points to eat the low fat version rather than the no fat one. I use 1% as a compromise.

I just have a problem with Blue Milk. If I can read the newspaper through it its not milk. Skim doesn't even change the color of my coffee :bcb_huh:

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

CW I love skim milk (ff milk) Not everyone prefers 1%- does not milk still have pts? OUr new program starts today. Would be curious if it did not.

Arlene

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

2% tastes like cream after drinking skim :)

I too prefer 1%, but currently drinking skim until I get used to the new points system

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

I'm with you CW. I can't stand blue milk and refuse to touch the stuff. It takes me back to my childhood days of being made to drink powdered milk. EEEWWWW. For years, I wouldn't touch milk period, but then I started drinking 1% and have discovered that I do like that. I will be sticking with it. Some things are worth the points.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Following the Simply Filling Plan, it said Skim (FF) was 0 pts. I just tried logging onto the ww website and it said its down for scheduled site maintenance - yaaaay!

CW - I'll count points and use cream in my coffee (I use just a smidgen) and actually find that I've cut down in my coffee intake - which can't be a bad thing! Coffee is one thing that I have to enjoy.

I also like 1% - however when using it in smoothies, I figured I'd use skim and not count points. I suppose that might all change after tonight though.

I must be the weirdo. When I was in high school, i asked my mom to buy me skim milk to save on calories. She did, and I had the skim and everyone else had 2%. it was very much an acquired taste, but after all these years, i cannot drink even 1%, it's just too thick and 'coats' my throat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started 5/17/10

Restarted 12/4/2010 (need to get real to get results...)

Starting: 288

Current: 263.5

Goal: 150

I'm with you Wendy,

1% even in my coffee turns me off. I like skim!

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I agree Wendy. It took awhile to go from the regular to the 2% to the 1% and finally skim but I am not going back. It is so thick! I usually use only 1/2 cup at a time in my cereal and it pretty much gets absorbed by the cereal so I don't see the blueness. Having said that, I couldn't just drink a cup of it but I never have been able to drink milk-unless it was chocolate!

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Ok, I'm weird too, but in an even different sort of way. I drink skim milk, but don't like it fresh from the store - I make it from powder. I know, it's strange, but to me they taste different & I don't like fresh as well as the powdered version. I also like the convenience of being able to make up a half gallon whenever I want. I drink a lot, and it saves me trips to the store just to keep fresh on hand too.

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Funny how it's all really just a matter of personal taste. Do you find it tastes similar to the fresh skim milk, Dandy? I should buy some to have on hand in case I run out & can't get to the store.

Similar, yes, there's not a huge difference. It just seems richer, less "thin" and not blue when made from powder vs fresh. I use the pre-measured packets too, so that makes it more convenient, more costly that way, but the convenience is worth it to me.

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Hmm - I have to look into that. Thanks for the reply!