Health Discovery Network
CW

CW's Weekly Meeting 12/5

The meeting had less meat then a Vegan's Salad Bar.

It was just a Q&A for folks that were ending their 1 week on P+. We talked about surprises that we found and what things were disappointments.

So that can be the subject here. What good things have you found and what is hard to deal with on P+?

Make a pact not to compare it to the old program. Just speak about what you found good or challenging about P+

CW

BTW I had a great weigh in today. I hit my newest 5% goal on my third week back at it. My daily target dropped by 2 points. But even that is a sign of success. I'm a little smaller now....

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

I am having trouble remembering points plus values for all my foods, so I am going to label everything this afternoon. Off to the office supply store :D

MO#83

congrats on a good weigh in!!

I was just thinking about PB2 today. I've never had it but thought about getting some. Thing is, it's a trigger food, so I'm not sure if it's worth getting a healthier version, vs. just not having it.....idk, need to think about it some more.

I have gone through and recalculated a lot of my 'extra's' from SFT. The points in the tracker and the brands I have are significantly different so I'm having to make notes of those. But this change was nice and got me 'energized' again to get on track.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started 5/17/10

Restarted 12/4/2010 (need to get real to get results...)

Starting: 288

Current: 263.5

Goal: 150

I also labeled my food, and since I plan to follow SFT at some point soon once I know the system, I used RED sharpie for non Power foods and GREEN for foods that are on the Power foods list (easy-peasy, if I'm Pointing, I know the values and when I SFT, I'll know which to reach for first)

My biggest hurdle so far is just getting back into the swing of tracking points and weighing and measuring, although I did have great fun in the supermarket using the calculator to compare foods BEFORE I bought them.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I had used an excel spreadsheet to track before, because I was doing it on my own. But now that I have etools, I love using the point tracker!! Its pretty much what I had devised, so I'm familiar with its components.

So, I revised an excel spreadsheet to mark down my favorite foods, anything I figure out from the calculator or recipe builder and point finds from the complete food companion. It will be "Barb's food companion"!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Congrats on your success, CW.

I heard the new plan rolled out in Canada today. I found a meeting I can go to on Thursday after work. It starts at 6p.m., so that should work ok for me. I'm going to reactivate my lifetime status. I haven't been to a meeting in quite awhile. I always figured I'd try to lose the weight I gained before I went back. How stupid is that? I don't think I'm going to tell my DH at the moment though. He just doesn't understand the issues I have with food. He figures food is just food. Thing is, if that's the way I thought about food, then I wouldn't need Weight Watcher's, right?

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Congrats on the 5%!!! :goal:

I can't comment on the P+ as it doesn't roll out until tomorrow here. I'm still ambivalent about whether I'm going to face the scale or perhaps just join WW online for a month......

Kimberley

I always figured I'd try to lose the weight I gained before I went back. How stupid is that?

Ann, Not stupid...its Normal. Still wrong but just normal :bcb_bigsm

Your DH is right about food but I wish we all could think of it that way.

Kimberly, I'm glad to hear you are going to get busy with this again. You deserve it.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Good Late Afternoon.......

CW........congrats on reaching your 5% target !!! As far as the PB2, I have it in the house and enjoy it immensely. I've never tried mixing it with my healthy oils, but that is something I'll try and report back on. Right now I just use water and it's marvellous. As far as it being the same points of regular PB......I have it calculated at 1 point per serving. If this changes on Propoints, I'll find out soon enough.

Wendy.......Yeah PB is a major red light food. If I ever had to have it in the house when company came to stay, I'd send home the jar with them !!! I've done this on numerous occassions. As far as the PB2, I find this is not an issue. I store the open jar in the fridge, (its a powder), and the temptation isn't the same. When I do mix it up, I really enjoy it.......otherwise.........I leave it alone.

Kimberley........Glad you are going to rejoin WW :kickbutt:, either doing meetings or online.

JalapenoAnn.......glad to hear you are reactivating your lifetime status. I just did that 2 weeks ago.

BarbA.......Right now I can't justify the cost of paying for e-tools as a Lifetime member. Mind you, faced with all my pointed recipes and the prospect of recalculating the values, I may just do a trial for 3 months.

Kris.........Very smart re: labelling your foods with red and green ink. Sounds like something we all should do !!! I'd like to actually shake things up a bit by doing SiFi one day, and alternating with Propoints the next. I understand you can do that at Lifetime. (Mixing the plans from day to day)

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

I'm finding it hard to not be able to calculate points in my head, and not know points for all of the things I eat regularly. So I think you all have good ideas about labelling and making your own food lists.

On the other hand, I'm finding it easy to reach for fruit instead of other snacks, since I don't have to calculate points for that...

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Good-free fruits, having to rethink foods and their nutritional values. I have been going page by page in the complete food companion looking for 0 and 1 point foods. It should make me try new fruits and veggies.

Challenging-understanding that I will not be able to use my old standby menus. Oatmeal, bread, soups and yogurt were staples most days and I won't be able to have all those in the same day. Having to relearn point values.

I can't wait for Thursday to weigh in though. I gained a little in November and am hoping to see that all gone.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Program started in Canada today. My shock was not at the new program but that on the old one I lost 10 lbs this week. I am not sure I ever had that big of a loss in 1 week in all my ww years.

I found many people were scared of the increase in pts and the weekly 49 and the ap. My thing is to always eat every pt and I always think it is a good starting pt and tweak down- I am afraid alot of people will be too scared of more pts to eat.

I cannot enter on etools yet as that part does not change here until tomorrow. But purchased the calculator and the food companion etc and the calculator keeps track on the day anyway.

Ann- I also was waiting til I was within 10 lbs ect and unfortunately the scale kept going the other way. My dd;s were excited as they said I was always happy when I went to meetings.

I had my first free banana and tangerine at the meeting- trouble is I have many pts left but not sure what a cup of rice is yet etc.

Sure was well attended- people seem t obe really pumped about something new.

Arlene

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

Someone brought up PB2 being the same in points. Who has had experience with that and what do you think?

I asked if you could rehydrate PB2 with the healthy oils? Has anyone done that?

CW

I haven't done this since I don't use PB2, but one of the suggestions on how to get oils that I like to share uses this as a suggestion. So, I think it would work just fine.

After reading this thread I'm now hungry for a PB&J sandwich. I think I'll go have one. :bcb_bigsm

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Good:

- The new plan really has me energized. I marked everything in my kitchen with the PP value, and I have been tracking on paper all week. I splurged on our Friday night date night and again this morning for breakfast and I am still 100% on plan. I am looking forward to seeing how well I do at my meeting on Thursday!

- I LOVE free fruits! My husband does not eat fruit so for a long time I quit buying it because it seemed like it went bad more often than not. Now that fruit is free I am eating it more often, and I am really enjoying it. I am a big fan of melon and pineapple but I am going to use zero point fruit as an excuse to try new fruits. Wahoo!

Bad:

- My only complaint about PP so far is my inability to guess at the PP value of a food. Grocery shopping is a lot more tedious when I have to stop and calculate any foods I am not sure of the value on, but I found last week that if I didn't stop to calculate I ended up with foods that were higher in PP than I expected, and that I might not have bought if I would have taken the time to calculate.

Shelly

SW: 199.0

CW: 172.2

GW: 150

Challenging-understanding that I will not be able to use my old standby menus. Oatmeal, bread, soups and yogurt were staples most days and I won't be able to have all those in the same day. Having to relearn point values.

Lisa

I'm a bit confused by this. Is it because you feel you will go over your points if you eat those? the plan itself doesn't limit you eating those items in one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started 5/17/10

Restarted 12/4/2010 (need to get real to get results...)

Starting: 288

Current: 263.5

Goal: 150

CW- congrats on the 5%! You give me great motivation :)

Challenging: Like others, I had a bit of shock with the new points values, and have a hard time planning now because I don't innately know the point value for anything. I'm scared to eat out, because I haven't quite figured out anything great to have that will fill me up. And I am a bit confused about fruits/veggies in recipes (like vegetable soup) or in arrangements (like salads) and how they are counted.

Good: On the flip side, I'm really measuring everything now- which is great. I'm not eyeballing- I'm measuring and being exact, and it's nice to know I am following the program correctly. I LOVE the free fruits and vegetables, I stocked up and I know this time my stash won't go bad- I will eat it up first! I also love the material I received at the WW meeting, and love reading through it and getting to re-know the program.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

PB2 tastes a lot better mixed with healthy oil rather than just water in my opinion - better consistency.... I haven't had it in forever - but I think I did part oil part water...

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

The Good: (1) The fruit, (2) the way you can use activity points before weekly points, and (3) getting re-energized.

The Challenges: Remembering I have a different daily points total to work with -- it's strange, because I easily remember that foods have different points now, but my former daily total is still embedded in my thinking that I have to keep reminding myself that that changed too. And I'm still challenged by the things that were challenges before (e.g., getting enough healthy oils; not over-using Crystal Light); that didn't change.

The Bad (maybe just for me): I don't like the new weekly paper-tracker that they give out at meetings -- the page is too small to write down everything the way I like and the print is so tiny, especially in checking off the boxes. So, I've started using the 3-month tracker instead, but it doesn't have the boxes to check off. Hmm?

Kos

Good: I am enjoying being on a Weight Watcher Honeymoon again. P+ is giving me a muchneeded boost in enthusiasm as I had been floundering.

Bad: We went out to eat for lunch today. I still am not sure I was able to calculate my P+ correctly even though I have the tools.

CW, congratulations on reaching your 5%.

First of all, I loooove the new program! I began (again and again and again...) the program 6/26/2010, because I was literally hurting in my legs, back, joints, feeling sluggish, and just all around not feeling well and I knew it was because of my added weight. (After losing 5% my legs stopped hurting; after losing 10% my back stopped hurting; and now I have a tremendous amount of energy.) I think WW came out with the new program at just the right time--the holidays and for me personally, to take my healthy eating up a notch. I now feel that the carbs, fat, fiber, and protein are finally being monitored correctly. I feel the difference! And I'm hooked! Yes, I have every WW cookbook that has been published including the one published in the very beginning back in the 70's. Yes, it's been a challenge to figure the points again but even that has taught me how to use the new calculator. The old program? What program?! I love the Points Plus!!

Gail...who was one of the first to post here years ago but because I've been away for so long could no longer use her old username to log on. :)

Healthy2010 (Gail)

SW227.6/CW193.8/GW???

I'm a bit confused by this. Is it because you feel you will go over your points if you eat those? the plan itself doesn't limit you eating those items in one day.

My points only went up by 5 per day so the impact of so many foods going up in points values really hits hard. I LOVE to have a sandwich and soup in the fall in winter. I have a whole list of combinations that I like (bread, cheese, soup). I recalucated most of those this weekend and they are up at least 4 points (for the combinations). I am trying really hard to find some happy ground but it is going to take awhile.

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

I am having the same experience as everyone else:

Challenge - not having point values in my head and feeling a bit frusterated. Having to recalc menus and being a bit surprised by the higher points.

Plus - reaching for fruit as a snack instead of something else.

CW - congrats on your success!

Ann - have the exact same issues with DH - he just doesn't understand why I need to go to meetings. Food is mostly just feul for him. I also have tried in vain to lose weight before I start back at meetings. Glad I am not the only one....

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png