Health Discovery Network
CW

CW's Weekly Meeting 12/5

CW - Congratualtions on your weight loss!

I am also a lifetimer that thought they would lose the weight before rejoining.....but I haven't. I rejoined last Tuesday, and luckily, I've only gained 10 pounds of the 40 that I lost since being gone. I was so excited when I heard about the new program, and it's just what I needed to get my motivation back! I've only been on the new program a week, but I find it a lot easier than the old one.

I'm happy with the plan, but not with how my leader is presenting it. It seems like she is contradicting the materials a lot.

Like she says the only fruit that is free is fresh fruit you prepare yourself i.e. a chick-fil-a fruit cup or apples from mcdonald's isn't free even though they are the same ingredients and nothing but fruit. She also says that canned fruit isn't free - I thought it was as long as it's in water or juice and drained. Same thing with frozen - she says it's not free even if it's just fruit no sugar added. Makes no sense to me - fruit is fruit is fruit no matter what form it's in.

I'm tempted to try to find a new leader, when I brought it up after another member already had, she basically laughed at me for calling the mcdonald's apple packets fresh and said they were full of preservatives, which they are not per the packaging.

DD

Starting again in 2010!

HW:293.6

CW:286.6

10% GW: 264.3

weight.png

I like everything about the new program. I like the extra points each day (previously always had 18 points, now I have 29) even if the points values of a lot of foods are higher. Somehow, psychologically, it seems like I'm getting more food. I like that fruits are now free. That was one thing that always turned me off about WW, that a cookie and an apple could be the same. Fruit was often bigger than the "average serving" size so it would end up costing me a couple of points. Now I don't have to worry. My favorite thing is that little Points+ calculator. It not only makes it easy to get the values from any nutritional label, but it keeps track of my daily points which was always a pain when I did WW before.

I haven't found anything that I don't like about it so far.

weight.png

Returned to WW on 12/2/10, starting the new Points Plus program at 151.5 lbs.

I'm sorry that is happening to you and your classmates.

I would go to another meeting without hesitation. You can do all you want for free after you have paid for the first one.

I would also ask for the number or email of her boss. WW needs to know that you all are not getting good info.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Just been on it one day because I'm in Canada. I have no complaints just yet. Yes, points are higher for things like my light bagels and Fibre 1 bars, and a point extra for the cereal I always eat, but with the extra points it is easy to fit it all in. I had stir fry for supper, a bagel after and I still have 5 points left at 8:30pm! I think it's going to make the Christmas season so much easier! I know you're not supposed to overeat on fruit even though it's free, but I can still have zero point servings when I'm hungry so I don't snack on chocolates and nuts, my biggest downfall, at social gatherings.

At work this afternoon I was sooo hungry and had no food left. The ferry I take home sells apples in the vending machine and ate it happily thinking of the zero points!

weight.png

SW: 148.5

CW: 128.6

GW: 120

Although I am only back on plan for a month, I've been a WW member on and off for years. I have to say that so far I am pretty happy with the P+....at least after I got over the initial shock last Monday of seeing the increased point values in some of my staples. I was scared last week to eat some of my favorties like hot cooked oat bran, but I'm finding with the extra points added into my allowance I have been able to eat the grains I love. I am just not eating breads, grains, pasta, rice, etc. with every meal. I am a little nervous about the 0 points for fruit, but I'm just being careful not to mindlessly munch on it. Morning and afternoon snacks are my extra fruit servings....it's usually a staple with my breakfast. So three servings a fruit a day and then my veggies with lunch and dinner.

I'm a big fan of the Biggest Loser and have a couple cookbooks from the show. Really the new P+ has a lot of similarities to the suggestions from BL and what they talk about in their cookbooks.

And, PB2 (regular and chocolate) have become my favorite way to feel like I'm having an indulgence without the guilt. I was very happy that they are both 1 pt when mixed w/ water (considering I had just ordered 4 jars online the week before the big P+ change). I haven't tried with healthy oil - but may have to do that.

Lynda :jump_jack

SW: 247(11/01/10)

CW: 235.5

GW: 145

I'm happy with the plan, but not with how my leader is presenting it. It seems like she is contradicting the materials a lot.

Like she says the only fruit that is free is fresh fruit you prepare yourself i.e. a chick-fil-a fruit cup or apples from mcdonald's isn't free even though they are the same ingredients and nothing but fruit. She also says that canned fruit isn't free - I thought it was as long as it's in water or juice and drained. Same thing with frozen - she says it's not free even if it's just fruit no sugar added. Makes no sense to me - fruit is fruit is fruit no matter what form it's in.

I'm tempted to try to find a new leader, when I brought it up after another member already had, she basically laughed at me for calling the mcdonald's apple packets fresh and said they were full of preservatives, which they are not per the packaging.

I had a leader tell me frozen fruits I had to count the points too, turns out the leader was wrong. As long as the ingredients are only fruit.

I was dissapointed with today's meeting, not dissapointed with the P+ at all. Love it!

Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle

Proverbs 31:25

weight.png

Sorry you guys are getting bad info out there. I would be careful of any packaged fruit. Seems like manufacturers like to add sugar as a kneejerk reaction. LOL. Preservatives are irrelevant in my opinion vis a vis WW.

MO#83

CW - Congrats on your 5%! That's a wonderful accomplishment!

As for the plan, almost everything about it is good for me.

Positives:

-Free fruit! I love that when I'm low or out of points, I still have options and can stay on plan!

-Renewed sense of motivation. I'm super-motivated about the plan now because it's something new.

-The fact that this plan nudges you towards healthier options without you having to conciously think about it.

Negative:

-It's a little harder to go grocery shopping now because I knew the points of everything before.

-I miss the check-off boxes for your WPA in the 3 month journal.

-I have to recalculate my recipes.

Keep in mind though, the negatives are not bad at all. They aren't major issues for me. The positives definitely outweigh the negative!

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

Congrats on your 5% loss CW!

I am doing WWonline and just started with the new program yesterday, so I haven't had a lot of time with it. So far however, I have no major complaints...I re-did my online foods list and everything is set to go there. I like being able to have fruit and not count it, ate a banana yesterday that I probably would not have had.

marla - I've never had or seen PB2 either....I'd say its some kind of peanut butter substitute??

I like new things....so am looking forward to this! :)

Moe :salut

I just bought some PB2 (My local low-carb *shudders* store carries it--I was too impatient to order it). I like peanut butter in a smoothie, so I am going to try this tomorrow for breakfast!

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Yesterday was my 2 week weigh-in and I lost another 2 pounds! So 4 pounds total since I started this new program.

weight.png

Returned to WW on 12/2/10, starting the new Points Plus program at 151.5 lbs.