Health Discovery Network
m-omentum

Activity Points while working?

My job requires a lot of walking and constant movement - Can I count that as activity points? I wouldn't want to count my WHOLE shift as that would give me a lot more points.

I calculated 3 (180 mins) hours at low intensity & it would give me 13 activity points.

What say you? :)

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

It used to be that you couldn't count activity points for your normal day's activity, since you used that to get your daily points. But since normal daily activity isn't part of what determines your target any longer, I'm really not sure. I probably wouldn't, but you could track it and see what happens. I wouldn't eat them all though.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I spent three hours straight lifting drywall, OSB roof decking and moving sand bags (used to add weight to the back of pick up trucks when driving on icy roads).

I'm counting points as if I was walking at a moderate pace, 3mi/hr. This is not an everyday thing but I do get 1 or two hours every day working in a Lumber Yard.

It comes to 18 points but I will not eat them all.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Thanks for the replies. I was peeking around on the activity tracker and checked out the Activity Plan guide. It had a small blurb:

"What you may not know is that you don’t have to schedule sessions at the gym to get the physical activity you need. Any kind of movement is good for you – from walking around the block to everyday activities like gardening."

Gardening for 1 hour was 4 activity points (at low intensity). Shoveling snow was also something you could exchange activity points for - that can definitely be a workout!

Scientifically speaking it is often said that the body adapts to daily activity, so your body may actually "burn" less energy to get your through your day walking around.

Hence, better to err on the side of caution. Also, anything that is new or different or out of the blue, I would count that more vigorously. :D

Just my thoughts.

MO#83

Hmmm - Never really thought about that. However, there is a list of 117 activities on the online tracker - among them are everyday things such as: cleaning, farming, gardening, housework(washing windows,ironing,laundry, mopping floors etc). The list goes on & on. It gives you 1 point for every 10 mins. So, I guess its there if people choose to use it. I might have to wrinkle some clothes, just so I can do some ironing :p

I might have to wrinkle some clothes, just so I can do some ironing :p

That's the spirit!

:D

MO#83

I also have a very active job that I have been doing for 26 years. It's true that your body does adapt, so I only count activity points if I am doing something extra strenuous at work, like if we have a big breakdown and I have to do much by hand or a lot of lifting and carrying.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018