Health Discovery Network
Gillian_mc

Bailey's

I looove Bailey's Irish Cream and I don't drink it very often because it's not so good for me, but I do have it around Christmas. I can't seem to find it in the online points listing on the Weight Watchers site. Can anyone help me out this?

weight.png

SW: 148.5

CW: 128.6

GW: 120

Baileys is the biggest selling spirit brand at Christmas in the United States.

Nutritional Values of Baileys

Energy (Kcal/100ml) 327

Energy (kJ/100ml) 1361

Protein 3g

Total Carbohydrate 25g

Fat 13g

Saturated Fat 8g

Cholesterol 0.04g

Sodium 0.08g

Dietary Fibre Nil

Sucrose 20g

Alcohol 13.5g

* Values are per 100ml of Baileys

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

According to etools - 1 jigger of brandy, rum, gin, scotch, or whiskey has 4 points. I"m trying to see what is what in the companion. I can't find Bailey's in the complete food companion - it has a lot of different types of beer and wine ... but not other liquors. I couldln't find the MIke's Light Hard Lemonade either ... with the "alcohol" sugar disclaimers ... do you think we can still use the NI on the Bailey's and Mike's bottles?

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Calculator says 6 points but I want a second opinion......

CW

LOL, me too. Love Bailey's but it's a BIG splurge when I have it. Can't believe all the sugar/fats/carbs it has. Sad, but true, lots of points.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Here is what I've been trying to do for alcohol, and I think my formula comes close: It's tough because Alcohol Grams are seldom listed on the bottle, but you can get most alcohol info online.

You need to know the grams of alcohol and then work them into the counter, you double check the accuracy by recalculating the total calories of your beverage and comparing with the original NI

1g alcohol = 7 kcals.

1 g carb = 4 kcals

1 g pro= 4 kcals

1 g fat = 9 kcals

Bailey's Calculation per 100 mls

3 g PRO (= 12 cals)

25 g CHO (from label ) PLUS 27 g CHO (double alcohol grams)=52 g (208 cals)

13 g fat (this is your points killer! Contributes 117 cals)

0 Fib

Comes to 9 PP per 100/mls (and checking my math, we get 337 calories==if I knock off 2 g cho, we get closer to the calorie value but still have 9 PP per serving)

For comparison one 1.5 oz jigger of 86 Proof Gin, Vodka, Whiskey etc.: 105 calories and 4pp

Per ww: A frozen mudslide comes in at 30 PP :bcb_sick:

ETA: so putting it in perspective, if you like a drink of Bailey's one day a year, remember you have 49 weekies--use up 9 and you have a whole 40 left. Seems like it's worth it for a treat.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)