Health Discovery Network
reelriot

Glitch in a ww recipe online?

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (accessed through etools) all ingredients 0 points.

4 cups of water is used before boiling- they say there are 12 servings at 1 pts each- now how can that possibly be. DH and I decided to count the whole thing as 0- but????

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

Arlene, I don't know if this will answer your question or not. It's from information found on the staff site.

"QUESTION: Why do you include PointsPlus values for fruits in recipes?

ANSWER: It has always been our policy at Weight Watchers to incorporate the nutrients of vegetables (and now fruit) into recipes. Why? A few reasons.

1) Vegetables and fruit add fiber and other nutrients, and without including them it can impact the Points value.

2) Our recipes are often featured in articles and magazines nationally and as a result we need to disclose this info to ensure the appropriate calories and nutrient content are displayed if evaluated by organizations outside of Weight Watchers.

3) Since many non-Weight Watchers recipes include nutritional information these days, we want our calculations to match those you may do for recipes you find in other places. We don’t want to unfairly advantage our own recipes.

4) Once you start combining vegetables and fruits with other foods, you change the experience of eating them. Few people “pig out” on carrots but might on carrot cake. To ignore them in recipes would place our member at risk for abuse potential."

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks Luanne- 4 cups 0 pt liquid (water) boiled and 0 point veggies = 12 pts I don;t think the policy can possibly explain that (12 servings 1 pt each). There appears to be quite a few glitches and missing products in etools- at least in our neck of the woods.

This has less stuff than the former 0 pt soup (do they still have that?)

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

Thanks Luanne- 4 cups 0 pt liquid (water) boiled and 0 point veggies = 12 pts I don;t think the policy can possibly explain that (12 servings 1 pt each). There appears to be quite a few glitches and missing products in etools- at least in our neck of the woods.

This has less stuff than the former 0 pt soup (do they still have that?)

I saw a recipe on the WW site yesterday that was for Fresh Vegetable Soup. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the 0 point Garden Vegetable Soup that was used during the Momentum plan. I believe the points value for it is now 1 point per serving.

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

That is not a glitch. In the online or booklet plan information it says that all fruits and vegetables used in recipes are to be calculated with points.

Think of it like this. If you purchase a frozen entree with meat, starch and vegetables all calories are counted in the complete nutritional information - vegetables are not free.:salut