zest of 1 large lemon

2 cups peeled and finely grated zucchini

2 large eggs

1 wgg white

1/2 cup 1% milk

1/2 cup stevia

2 tsp lemon extract

How to make it -

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 16-muffin tray with paper or silicone liners.

Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds) and set aside.

In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and the zucchini.

Beat the eggs and sugar with a handheld or standing mixer for 3 minutes, resulting in a pale and creamy mixture.

Add the zucchini/lemon zest mixture, milk, and lemon extract and beat again, until combined.

Working quickly with a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients until they are mixed in. The key is to not overwork the mixture.

Spoon even amounts of batter into each muffin liner, filling each liner to the top. Bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, let cool, and serve.

Super Bowl - I'm trying to learn to cook with Stevia. I try to substitute it in lots of recipes I make now and they never turn out right. What kind of stevia do you use in this? Half a cup seems like too much. There must be a different kind out there. Is there something just to cook with?

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Heather - it's my wife's recipe. And, she got it from a book and made some modifications.

I know that she always tells me to use Stevia like it's sugar - meaning that you don't have to use as much as you would use if it was something like Sweet-N-Low. However, she said that you really don't always need to use as much Stevia as you would use for sugar - maybe 90% of what you would use for sugar. This help?