Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

Meeting Room Scales

We have three scales at my meeting center. And, I hate it every time I have to use the one to the far left. I think the floor there, on that one, is uneven or something. I always seem to have a slight gain when I'm on that one. I'm much happier when I weigh in on the middle one or the one to the far right.

Anyone else have a meeting room scale that they like to avoid - compared to the other scales?

And, does anyone know if WW tests their scales on a regular basis to make sure they're on the money?

Wow, I can see how you would want to avoid that scale. Any chance you could weigh on it and then test on the one next to you? Just to see if that is real or an illusion. I do think WW calibrates their scales periodically ( I don't how often) but the floor its on can have alot to do with how it weighs. I would ask for a test drive.

Sandy

Joined WW 02/02/02

Lifetime 04/05/03

sw 165.4 cw 165.4 gw ??

Little by little, one travels far.....J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks Sandy. I've thought of that in the past - mentioning that I thought the floor was uneven and the scale could be a hair off, as a result. But, it's never been something where it's been like 1 1/2 or 2 pounds, etc. So, I've been shy about bringing it up - for the fear that they would just think I was being a priss.

Maybe, next time, I will just float it out there with "This scale seems a little wobbly. Has anyone else even mentioned that?" And, see if they bite.

I've had that happen a different location than I'm going to now. It always weighed about a pound heavier than the other ones. My friend thought the same thing, so we always stood in a different line to get weighed. I don't know why we never asked them about it, we just tried to avoid it.

Thanks Karla. We have one line at our meeting center - and then you go to the next available scale when it opens up. I wish we had three lines at the same time - then I would never use the scale on the left!

I hear you Mike. I know the bigger picture is year to year, quarter to quarter, month to month - rather than week to week, and, certainly, day to day. Still, it's just a pet peeve when I stand on that one scale and feel it wobble, albeit a tad, under my feet.

Call me a suck for solid ground, I guess. :bcb_bigsm

I seem to recall that I heard at one time, before the meetings, either the lecturer or the receptionist weighs in on all the scales to make sure they are all the same. Does anyone know if that is true? I know at our center, we have a lot of people who only weigh in on the left scale. Its a superstition, I suppose, but we all have our superstitions and they are harmless

I seem to recall that I heard at one time, before the meetings, either the lecturer or the receptionist weighs in on all the scales to make sure they are all the same. Does anyone know if that is true? I know at our center, we have a lot of people who only weigh in on the left scale. Its a superstition, I suppose, but we all have our superstitions and they are harmless

I've never seen this happen in the meetings where I've worked as a receptionist. I do know that the scales are calibrated, by law, but I don't know how often.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Guest sodacracker

I know some WW leaders in my town and they said someone weighs themselves or they weigh a box or something to make sure both scales register the same weight.

Having said that though, years ago, on the day I reached goal of 155, I weighed in at 155.2 and was so frustrated, as I had been hovering within .4 of goal for two weeks, that I jumped on the other scale and weighed 155!

The lady weighing me in started to say , "no you can't do that, your official weigh in weight is 155.2, but the leader, bless her, who had been watching me get to goal for 13 months, laughed her off and said I could take the second scale reading and make goal that day. Loved that leader :bcb_bigsm