Health Discovery Network
Dot.t09

Thank You BCB

I have struggled with writting this for 2 days now because very few of you know me. I originally joined this site in Oct. 2000. I was here until 2006. I didn't post alot but I read daily. After 4 yrs being away I came back to this site and had to rejoin so that is why it shows me as a new member.

At my WW meeting the other night, a lady I have been friends with just seemed so defeated in her weight loss results and her motivation almost gone. I ask her if she ever got on any weight loss sites and read success stories and to get tips and advice. She said she hadn't but she needed to. I gave her BCB. We talked for about 45 min. and as I started to leave she thanked me for giving her the website. I told her she was welcome and then told her after 15 yrs of being 50 to 70lbs over weight and 10 yrs of losing some and gaining back more I found BootCamp Buddies!! and that I don't think that I would have ever made it to goal and become a lifetime member if not for BCB. I was a little in shock at my self because I don't think I have ever told myself that. But the results prove it.

After joining this site and rejoining WW I got my attitude ajustment and my motivation and got to work and became a lifetime member in 2003. I have maintained under the goal weight set for me for 7yrs. In Aug this year I started going back to meetings because I was slipping and I wanted to get a few more lbs off and to get to my personal goal that I never really tried to reach as I was comfortable where I was. I also came back to BCB. Yesterday I was reading a book and I seen the 'Story Of The Geese'--That story or part of it is on this site and we use to use it when I was first here in 2000. Remember, Honk- Honk- Honk

I just want to say THANK YOU, DENISE AND ALL THE BUDDIES OF BOOTCAMP

WE ARE BOOTCAMP BUDDIES 'DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE WEIGHTLOSS A REALITY'

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march Honk- Honk- Honk, Dottie! :bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Guest sodacracker

I remember honk honk honk :bcb_bigsm , so right back atcha' :salut

HONK, HONK, HONK

Dottie, Thanks for Sharing!! With so many people here, and my failing memory, I don't always remember everyone, and changing your user name.. no fair!! But after sharing your story, I remember you!! I'm so glad you're back!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Dottie... thanks for sharing. I found BCB last summer after hearing "A Medical Moment by Dr. Art Hister" on one of our radio stations. He was citing a study that showed one of the major factors in successful weight loss was having a support group. What was new about this particular study was that they found having an online support group was as effective as the "live" ones. After hearing that report, I googled weight loss support groups and BCB came up. Sometimes I feel I'm spending too much time on the computer, but then I think of all the people I've known over the years who have lost weight but then gained it back almost as quickly as they lost it. I don't want to be in that camp... so, I check in here every day and tell myself it is for my health today and tomorrow. I appreciate this site every time I'm on it... and have shared a LOT of the information I have gleaned from it with friends of mine who are also working the WW program.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Its really a great bunch of regular people thats what I like and without the cattiness, who needs that?

Thanks for reminding me Dot and thanks Denise and mods

Thanks everyone. I am so glad to be a part of BCB. I came here first before going back to meetings because this is where I get most of my motivation and knowledge.

I love BCB.

Have a great day Buddies!!!!

Dooie I am with you and old member of BCB. Never quite reched my goal but was very sucessful with WW and BCB. @ co-workers and I are joining WW on 1/5/11 and I know I need my BCB. And the first thing I did was find this site again and although I am not going back until 1/5/11 I will be on here daily.

HONK, HONK, HONK

Roseann

Start:261.0 Current: Goal 150.00 (?)

:bcb_march:bcb_drill:bcb_march

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.- Anonymous

Guest OwlyGirl

I am new to BCB, but after reading several posts and all of the incredible stories told and successes marked, I can see that this is going to be a great place to find the support I need to be successful this time. I would just like to say thank you to those who made BCB possible. I have never found anything so supportive and so open to helping those of us who struggle daily with weight loss.

Laura

Honk, honk, honk.................

I came to BCB back when I came back to WWers in 2001. I was attending meetings (which I love) but found the support, and "tough" attitude here just what I needed. I was honestly scared to go off program during that time since I knew I'd be letting my buddies here down. Happy to say I got back to goal weight in 11 months, and I've kept it over ever since. Having someplace to come for daily support and inspiration has played a big part. :salut

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

HONK!!! HONK!!! HONK!!!

I remember this thanks for the reminder...

katy :bcb_wink3

SW: 232.4 (08/16/02

Dr.G. 180.0

PG: 155.0

LIFETIME: 06/18/04

Slow and steady like the turtle.

HONK HONK HONK! the good OLD days!! I remember them well! Welcome back, Dottie! this thread brings a smile to MY face! :)

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Aw Dottie...I'm an "oldbie" too, just rejoined myself! I was here a few weeks ago and kept trying to log in with my old info. I finally gave up today and re-registered. :) I started here in 2000 and made Lifetime in '01, and I never could have done it without this site! When I'm serious about losing, I know where to go...BCB!!

HONK! HONK! HONK!! (I used to have that on my mouse pad!)

Here's to all of us oldies but newbes! Or is it newbe but oldies. LOL

Here's to bootcamp buddies-- A great place for support and to make friends.

Have a great evening buddies!!!