Health Discovery Network
CW

Weekly meeting needs new Leader

CW - no one is perfect. Even leaders. Slips happen. Don't be too hard on yourself. One bad week is nothing compared to the too many weeks to count that you have ahead of you. Forget the past. Don't dwell on the negative. Today is all that matters. And, today, you can lead, if you want to. I'm sure many would appreciate you being there for them today.

The fact that you are human and share the same struggles as the rest of us makes you even MORE of an inspiration. Proves that we really all are in the same boat! No one that has had to deal with these issues is perfectly on point all the time! You are still a rockstar, just (as I've long suspected) HUMAN! Chin up!!:salut

(((hugs))) CW! Sounds like you have your meeting topic. We could all do with a little brainstorming about what works and what doesn't during this week of all weeks. I think I (potential Glutton Girl) could definitely benefit from hearing your plan for how to put Bingeboy in his place.

First up in the attack against GG, I'm buying a veggie tray today along with the baking supplies.

Susan

Aiming for 196.2 :bcb_march

I agree with everyone else CW. You are human, you slipped up and are dealing with it. It's much less intimidating and much more inspiring to know that our leader is human and has the same struggles as the rest of us.

I think Susan is right. Putting Bingeboy and Gluttongirl in their place is a great topic for the meeting this week.

Hugs to you.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

The key for me to avoid binges is to identify and avoid (like poison) trigger foods.

My triggers:

Sugar

Flour

Savory

These food represent an allergy in my body that causes my body to chemically seek more of these items BECAUSE my body can't use them normally. It needs more and more. This is my interpretation of the trigger food concept and it is critical to my recovery from obesity.

I also binged over the weekend. I picked myself up Sunday morning. Counted the points of my bingeing and now I am doing my best to go forward working for APs to keep my body moving and active. I probably won't make up all the OVER points amounts, but bingeboy is not welcome in my heart and mind. God and myself own this joint and we are gonna party on our OWN~

MO#83

This is the worst time of the year for me. Candy and chocolate are no issue for me. I'm not a fan of those. Oh, but, baked goods - cake, cookies, brownies, speciality breads, anything that comes out of the oven...those are my foes. And, of course, I'm surrounded by them now. Really need to focus on what's important and why I should ignore the baked goods sirens calling out to me. Just keep reminding myself - why do I think I want them? And, if it's because I'm hungry, make a better food choice instead.

My plan is to use the 3-bite rule to keep glutton girl in check in the coming weeks. I know the good choices and I will insure they are readily available. When there is something naughty available that I think is worth the points, I will have three bites, count the points and move on.

I did this last night at a potluck after a sledding party. I had the benefit of AP from two hours of sledding and walking up the hill. I made good food choices at the potluck and then picked two bad choices and had three bites of each. Today at my WI I was down 1.6 pounds which is the biggest loss I've had in almost three months. I also kept reminding myself that I was there to enjoy my friends and family. I did not go for the food; that was just nourishment.

CW - This is the perfect meeting topic for this week. Thank you. I'd like to commend you for your humility. Rare to find these days and so refreshing.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

I love the support you all give. Thank you one and all.

Being an old timer on BCB I would tend to ask for accountability the way Susan and Ann have done. That holds true to our mission. :salut

I am eating within points, getting in some exercise (snow shoveling) and planning my challenge for New Years. I have for the last 25+ years taken the month of January off from alcohol. There are so many benifits to that that I'm expanding the plan. When I first got to goal I did that for the first 6 months of the program. It is my plan to do that again. No Booze until I get back to goal.

The past 10 days dealing with life have given me excuses (but no reasons) for going off plan. There are foods that define the holidays, We don't have to list them. 1 treat is enough, 10 don't make the holiday better...

Thanks again. You all keep me coming back.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

You can do this CW!! I remind myself that there is NOT ONE SINGLE THING going around right now that you can't have any other time of the year. You can make a fruit cake or holiday baking or turkey with the trimmings any other day of the year. Just because it's all concentrated right now doesn't mean that we *have* to eat it now or the chance won't arise again. It's the same conversation I have with myself around Halloween because, we all know, there's candy available *every* day of the year, not just at Halloween.

I've been freezing our baking. I keep out one or two of each batch for the family and then put the rest in the freezer. It doesn't necessarily lessen the caloric intake over time if we have a couple each day but that is THE ONLY WAY for me to deal with glutton girl. Otherwise, I wind up eating whatever we just made from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep until the whole batch is gone. I can't keep it around me without eating it and if I shove it in the freezer, who knows when I'll next think about it!

Good plan to focus on exercise to work off some of the stress. Even better idea to give up the sauce early. I always find alcohol to be the true lose/lose situation-- lots of extra calories with no nutritional value, followed by a chaser cocktail of cravings, dehydration and feeling crappy the next morning. Who needs that?

Kimberley

CW, hugs to you buddy. This is a challenging time of the year.

I'm going to share my strategy for this year's holiday season (and so far it's working). First, I have to say that not only am I following the WWer program, but both dh and older dd are as well. Having three of us in the house over the holidays is a huge help. In years past dh would always fill the house with candy, and I had a large supply of cookies from an annual cookie exchange. This year, no candy and a firm strategy for the cookies. I went to the exchange, sampled a few cookies there, brought the rest home, and then we gave most (a few went to younger dd) away. The last of them went with dh to work today. We received a gift of cheese and sausages from dh's aunt. That is all going to dd's boyfriend and his family. It feels good to have a plan.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

We're all learning ways to shut the door in Bingeboy and Gluttongirl's faces. We think we know when they are coming, and make a plan .... but then all of a sudden they show up unnanounced (and usually bearing gifts!) ...

We are all learning. None of us is perfect. We are improving, one day at a time.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Stay here with us CW. We will help you as you have helped so many. We can all do this together.

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

It seems that neither "Mr. Perfect" nor "Miss Perfect" has stepped up to lead this meeting... hmmm... could that be because they do not exist?!! CW, I completely agree with all the others that being perfect is NOT a criteria for leading. When we see others struggle, it helps us to deal better with our own struggles.

On the topic of Bingeboy and Gluttongirl... peanut butter-marshmallow- butterscotch squares get me every time. I don't dare start on a cinnamon bun, either. In fact, the last time I went to the mall, I had to force myself to walk on the left hand side as I went past the Cinn-a-Bon kiosk. It's like a force field... if I try to go into it, all my resolve explodes in to a million little pieces. I'm terrified of getting close, so I do a quick sashay left, then another sashay right once I get past. One of my students asked to use the microwave the other day for his snack... I said, "Sure." Little did I know that he was heating up a cinnamon bun... I started to drool as I got near his desk, and it was all I could do not to reach out and grab it. I just kept praying that he wouldn't ask me if I wanted a piece. I might have made a fool of myself (teachers aren't supposed to steal snacks from the kids).

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

It sounds like you've got yourself back on track again, CW.

This time of year IS challenging, but there is always some sort of celebration. We don't really need an excuse to eat, do we? LOL

For me, getting back to meetings right before Christmas has been instrumental in keeping me on track. I figured the new WW plan would give me a kick start and keep me motivated and give me the momentum to sail through the holidays. This has always been a very stressful time of year for me and one where I have always given myself a license to go hog wild. Instead of helping with the stress, it just creates more because we KNOW that what we are doing is not healthy mentally OR physically.

A few things I've learned over the years is I cannot change my family situation. I wish it were different, but it's not and there is nothing I can do about it. I am glad that they live far away and I don't have to deal with them on a regular basis. I have surrounded myself with very good friends who are my family of choice. That has gone far in helping me to not turn to food for comfort or just because I am so frustrated I could scream.

Same thing with work. It's a bit stressful there at the moment because of some issues with coworkers and a bad case of bullying. It's being dealth with, but still, there have been times when I've just wanted to come home and throw myself face first into something not very healthy. Instead, I've been grabbing my dogs and hitting the trails as soon as I get home. It gets me past that danger point and I have more control when I back from the trails.

The biggie for me this year is the amount of socializing I have been doing. In the past, I have avoided going to parties when I've been losing weight just because all self control goes right out the window. This year has been totally different. I've been to several parties already and so far have stayed bang on track! I have found a few great recipes that I feel good about eating and am pretty sure everyone else will like too. Most of my group is pretty health conscious, so while there are the usual treats, there is also lots of veggie and fruit platters. I've filled up on those and been VERY selective in the other things I've chosen. I have enjoyed the occasional glass of wine as well as a couple of sweet treats, but have not gone overboard. Everyone has loved the foods I've brought to the parties and were shocked when they found out they were from Weight Watchers.

I know there are still some challenges before all the festivites are over for the year, but I know I am well armed to deal with them now.

Together we can do this!

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Best wishes to everyone over the holidays. As others have already noted, yep, it can be a challenge.

One of my challenges this week is that I could not make it to my regular Friday-noon meeting due to hazardous driving conditions of snow/ice ... and by the time I could go, we were already into the next WW calendar week, so I decided to just wait it out. I dislike missing meetings for any reason; it throws off my rhythms ... but that does not mean it has to throw off my program. And I was glad that I have started using the 3-month tracker with the new P+ program -- that helped me stay focused without the meeting.

Over this holiday season, I have stayed OP in terms of P+ points, yet have been challenged to consistently meet all the healthy-habits and to monitor my level of "satisfaction" with fruit based only on physical hunger rather than on physical+emotional+social desires.

My next two WW meetings are on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, respectively ... and they are open, amazingly enough! Weather permitting, I will be there.

Best wishes to all for a healthy and happy holiday season.

Kos

CW--there's a really smart guy here on the board with the following signature

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

On your feet soldier:bcb_drill :bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march :bcb_drill and lead the darn meeting :bcb_kick:

Make your plan, come talk to us, eat some fruit. One man (or woman) stands alone, together we're an ARMY--where do armies train and learn to improve?? BOOT CAMP.

Remember, we're all in the trenches together. (And there's no crying in baseball...)

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

OK, on a less gung ho note: Yes, this is a tough time of year.

We do have to remember that really it's only a few days. Between TG and NY day, I will have had: One Thanksgiving (one meal), one birthday (My non-negotiable favorite meal), Christmas eve (1 meal, and usually a pretty healthy one), Christmas day one looooooooooong meal), new year's eve (cocktails and dinner), new year's day (brunch--full of landmines, I save up for that one). Plus one or 2 parties. Really, 7 MEALTIMES out of a month. Of course, I am fortunate, in that I don't have anyone around to trip me up... and I choose my engagements pretty carefully.

My supreme goal is to exit the season the same weight as I went into it. Even staying within plan, some of the food choices are not as nutrient dense as they could be, lots of salty foods, low fiber foods. I try like heck to make sure that no one gifts me food (I just give it away).

I really fall down on eating regularly, and also on activity, between the end of term, grading, silly season stuff, and being cold and whiny, I don't move enough--and I've hit that age where not exercising really shows. Plus, since my eating schedule can be erratic, I get home too hungry to exercise. Even though I'm not eating more, I'm not burning what I eat as effectively. I'm recently back OP, and I'm a little overwhelmed, but baby steps. I'll get there.

Kris, Now more than ever, I like your style :salut

CW

Aww, shucks. :bcb_blush I'm just here to kick some adipose to the curb:kickbutt: :kickbutt::kickbutt:

You da' man, CW.

Come on CW, I am going to remind you of your quote in your signature "AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL." I don't believe you are quitting but you are being awfully hard on yourself. Pick yourself up, dust your arse off and let's get back to the reason we are all here. CW, you are our inspiration, you keep us honest. We all have the ability to feel sorry for ourselves for one reason or another. Huggs to you CW. You have a job to do, keep all of us women accountable. Love you bud.

JONI

RED ALERT... RED ALERT, Soldier is down.

We are here to pick up. I am not saying Bingeboy is acceptable,:bcb_kick: he stopped by for a visit and it's bub bye Bingeboy. He's outta here!:kickbutt:

I want you to picture soldiers/buddies surrounding you, and holding you up, and of course, giving you a kick in the rear. Your knees have been brushed off, and your bootstraps have been tightened. With the help of your buddies, you will get through this, you must get back up and fight the battle. You ARE ready for battle. You will not be defeated.

CW, you are NOT alone, when I have stumbled, I have read some of your posts, and I have been picked back up. The road isn't always easy, but you have us by your side.

To help me, I went to a WW meeting on Saturday. The last time I went was last December. I wanted the new program info and I needed to get some inspiration to help me get through the Holidays. This time of year brings incredible challenges. Somehow, we must get through this the best we can. Best we can, doesn't mean we are perfect.

Seems like someone very special on this board says this, "AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL". He is a wise person. :bcb_wink3

There are 2 treats that I will allow myself this holiday season. One was today. I had to go as far as to tell my co-workers that if they saw me reaching for yet another piece, to SLAP my hand. My next biggest challenge will be a treat that I will make on New Year's. I am already talking to myself about it and planning my splurge, so I can keep it to a splurge, using WPA, and not binging on it. It's a trigger food, and I must plan well.

Ok, I trust you are feeling stronger knowing the support that you have. You need to be here, you can NOT do this on your own.

Keep us posted, that's an order.:bcb_drill

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155