Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

Your X-mas Celebration

Whatever happens in your X-mas gathering/celebration, don't beat yourself up. It's just one day.

Try to go into it with a plan. Try to use portion control. Try to make good good choices. But, if it doesn't work out exactly to plan, forgive yourself. It's just one day.

I didn't get overweight by going a little crazy one day of the year. It was a 24/7, 365, effort - and years in the making. I bet your story is the same.

Enjoy the day. That's what WW is about - living. Try and stay OP or as near to it as you can. But, give yourself a little wiggle room too. Have a great day!

Well said SuperBowl! I agree completely. Do you level best, but DO NOT let your Christmas be ruined by beating yourself in to the ground! Celebrate the day, and do your best. Like you mentioned, it's about LIVING!:bcb_up

Merry Christmas Buddies. This is the time to celebrate and enjoy the day. I am blessed to have a sister who is WW also and we are gathering at her house tonight. Yes, there will be foods outside of WW but we will also have veggie/fruit trays, sf jello dessert, salsa, I am going to make the deviled eggs w/ plain yogurt instead of mayo (this is an experiment), baked chicken tenders, sourdough bread. Apple cider for the drink. Today is the last day of my week and I have 29 dailys and 21 weeklys to use. Also I am going to take a walk and earn a few more AP this afternoon. I have plan, but I also plan to enjoy myself and my family.

Tomorrow is easy for me. I am just home with my son and making tacos for Christmas dinner (our tradition). Celebrate your holiday in whatever tradition is in your house. Enjoy your family and loved ones, treat yourself well and have a blessed holiday.

Sandy

Joined WW 02/02/02

Lifetime 04/05/03

sw 165.4 cw 165.4 gw ??

Little by little, one travels far.....J.R.R. Tolkien

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!!

We have our yearly traditional Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. For years I've been the only one in the family following WWers and I've managed to plan for these dinners and do just fine. This year dh and dd are also following WWers, and we are still planning on having the same traditional dinners. Again, we are planning for them and will enjoy every bite. :bcb_bigsm

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Merry Christmas to all.

I've planned well and so far have been consistently losing even while attending social events and hosting a few of my own. I've made sure I have brought something to potlucks that is WW friendly and have made two company dinners that were both WW friendly.

I've been on vacation this week, so have managed to get in a lot of extra exercise. I've been doing lots of trail running and earning big AP, but so far have not had to dip into them OR use all of my weekly allowance.

I am not stressing over the social events like I used to. I am learning how to handle all the food choices and figuring out which is the best bad choice out of a bunch of worse choices. (Did that make sense?)

Tonight we are going to a friend's for Christmas Eve dinner. I'm not sure what all will be there, but I know I will handle whatever it is. I got in an 80 minute run this morning and am eating smart till we leave for her house. I will arrive and not be starving and ready to lose control.

Tomorrow will be just my DH and I. I'm making a small turkey for the 2 of us and it will all be fine.

Oh, I have to share this really cool story. I've been making cinnamon buns for gifts for people. I guess they are good, although I have not tried one. LOL Anyway, I took a dozen to a neighbor the other day. She stopped by a couple days later with a plate full of really beautiful looking homemade goodies. She knows that I went back to WW and she said to me, "I made these especially for you". They had the nutrition information and were all low fat except for a few shortbreads for my husband. The biscotti were beautiful and only 1 point each. I have one really great neighbor!

Merry Christmas!

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

These days, the mantra "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" rings heavy with me. Each day there are any number of pitfalls around me with social gatherings and multiple holiday meals.

Today- I had baked oatmeal for breakfast and then lunch was a tapas with lots of veggies, salad and some pita w/hummus. All this in anticipation of our Christmas Eve dinner of lasagna and baked squares. I plan to load up on the salad FIRST instead of eating lots of lasagna and realizing I'm too full for salad!!

Tomorrow- We're making a turkey here. I've got lots of different veggie options planned. I know that there will be temptations for dessert but I'm planning on having the bulk of my food at lunch, light breakfast and just vegetable leftovers for dinner.

Boxing Day- is my dad's birthday. I bought a small dulche de leche log cake at Costco today. There are 10 of us so just a small piece each. Much better than the huge ice cream cake we normally have. I'm also pushing for us to go out to eat at the food court instead of an all you can eat buffet. I've got a standby veggie pad thai stand there so that's much safer than going into the buffet unknown!

Past that, we've got no social plans or food events. No NYE plans either. I just have to get through this weekend with some modicum of control and make a plan going forward to tackle the weight I've regained this year.

Thanks for getting the wheels in motion CW! :salut

Kimberley

Amen. I don't usually go all out in the eating department. We have traditional hispanic foods, but I am really good at portion control during the holidays and I never take left overs. I just spend the time enjoying my nephews! Happy holidays everyone!

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far