Health Discovery Network
CW

CW's Weekly Meeting

I did not go to my meeting todday. Mom had a fall last night and I've been dealing with family stuff most of today. She's OK just pissed at herself.

This is a time of year that many of us get excited about goals and resolutions.

If you are into that, post your goals for the next week, month and quarter.

What steps will you take to get those done?

Have a good week everyone.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

I had trouble getting started on the new PointsPlus program so the last few weeks, I stuck with the old points plan. My only goal right now is to spend the time to really learn the new program and adjust my menus so I can follow it successfully.

I do want to start 2012 weighing less than I do today. No number in mind, just hoping it is less than today.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Sort of on topic....I was clicking through the TV channels yesterday and saw what I think was a preview for a Dr. Phil show. It was probably on the new OWN Network. I was half way paying attention so forgive me for not having this exactly right...

He said something along the lines of making a list of 5 things you want to accomplish. Then checking yourself throughout the day to see if what you are doing is moving you toward one of those goals, if it is not, ask yourself why and make adjustments. Again, I am probably not getting that right but that is what I took from the couple of sentences I heard him say.

It was a "wow" moment for me. I thought about wanting to get in more activity this year and realized I was sitting in a chair moving my index finger. Some workout, huh?! So I turned off the TV and went in my basement and did a 30 minute workout.

Lisa

PS-sorry about your mom!

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

CW, sorry to hear about your mom's fall.

I won't be attending a meeting until Saturday. My goal is always to add more activity. Sadly, it just doesn't seem to happen. Although dh and I started a yoga class a couple of months ago and plan to continue it after the beginning of the year (the class is on break right now).

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I got on the scale today and was quite surprised at being only 3 lbs above goal. I suspected 7. Not bad eating but much less exercise, too much salt, too big portions. 3 lbs I can deal with eh?

So my goals are cut out salt, drink water, find a multivitamin ( I do not tolerate many of them ) and exercise no matter the weather.

The 3lbs were a gift and a reminder I am working this program every single day of my life.

CW I hope your mom improves. You have your hands full.

Happy New Year all.

Back to work tomorrow and crazy days coming.

My "resolution" for this year was hard... last year was a year of many major changes for me. I finished a long term contract, lost 35 pounds, developed some hobbies outside of work (for the first time in years!) and moved overseas for a new job. So my goal for the year is basically, stay the course. I need to keep on going, keep focused, and keep making progress towards my life goals.

For the medium term, I want to be able to identify at least one thing I did every day that moves me towards my WL goals.

For the week, my goal is to finish calculating out ProPoints for my favorite meals and snacks, and writing them out on post it notes on the kitchen wall, so that it will be easier for me to track my points under the new program.

CW, I hope things improve for you soon.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

CW, sorry to hear about your mother. It's hard watching parents age.

I'm not good at setting goals, but I am really going to try hard to reach my goal weight by March 1. I'm pleased with what I accomplished last year--but should have been able to reach goal by my one-year WW anniversary. The areas I need to improve in are drinking water and getting even more activity.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

CW- Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you both are doing well.

My goals are to really just attend meetings no matter what and get some sort of exercise in everyday. Simple, yet effective.

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

I posted this over at the 100+. These are my goals for 2011

Work

By the end of 2011 I will have:

o Implemented a way to be efficient at work

o Finished two of my projects

o Developed a good solution for titanium

Weight

o Lost 50 pounds

o Been OP 1 year straight

o Established solid ways to battle my emotional eating

Life

o Started to give dance classes again

o Become a key instructor at the gym

o Found ways to be more peaceful

My overall vision for 2011 is that I will learn to care enough about myself to do what *I* need rather than what I think others want me to do.

Sort term (January) strategy: Be more active at work, and not wait for my coworkers to take initiatives, start reading recipes again and making weekly menus, start working at the gym.

Sorry about your mom! Hugs

/Hanna

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

There are some awesome goals/resolutions here!

Two of my major problems have been all-or-nothing thinking and my inner critic/poor self esteem

Unfortunately, I don't have a meaningful answer for them now. I am giving it serious thought and will update.

CW - it is so hard when our parents age. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Every New Year I do this...and it seems like by February I have given up....NOT THIS YEAR!!!!

1) Quit smoking for the last time in my life. (I put on the patch yesterday).

2) Stop procrastinating (at work and home) and get down to business.

3) Get our finances in order.

Those are the big ones. I am going to break each big one down into bite sized pieces this year and finish them off once and for all.

CW: I'm glad your mom is ok.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

These are not really resolutions, but they are the goals I'm working on.

Weight - On March 1st 2010 I joined WW online and needed to lose 40 pounds to be at goal. I decided I should do that before my anniversary. I have 3.8 pounds to go. I will reach that goal by continuing to track my food and stay OP.

Exercise - In April 2010 I started the C25K program. My goal was to run a 5K before winter. I did that on Labor Day weekend. I did another 5K the following weekend and picked a 10K to run on Thanksgiving day. Finished in 1:06:28 and I wasn't last. My next goal is to run around Mackinaw Island. It's 8 miles of beautiful flat roadway with no cars. I'm shooting for the third weekend in May. I will reach that goal by continuing to strengh train three times a week because that protects me from injury and running three times a week with at least one "long" run a week.

Food - If I have a new goal for this year, it's to explore more foods. I would like to learn more about whole food/clean eating. I will focus on this by trying one new recipe a week. I will remind myself that I'm an example for my children and I'm helping them to establish habits that will benefit them the rest of their lives when I make good choices for my family.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Yes, there are some great goals here. I just had the news channel on, and they said that "those who manage to keep their resolutions until Valentine's Day are the ones who eventually meet their goals."

weight.png

CW- sorry about your mom's fall. Thoughts out to you and her- must be so difficult.

This week down 3.4. left meeting ealry to go to water aerobics (sunday is usual meeting but in canada was closed because of a stat)

I was very successfulon ww before and my goal is really to apply the same strategies and focus to other things so i am as successful in them as i have been and will be on ww.

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

CW, hope things are better with your mom. You've had a lot on your plate the last few weeks.

My goals for the coming few months are to be at my goal weight before the summer. I will continue to go to meetings every week and make the program work. I want to regain my lifetime status so I can be FREE again!

Run a marathon this spring. Vancouver Marathon is the first weekend in May. I have been increasing my running for the last 6 weeks and have a long run of 90 minutes now. I will continue to increase my long run and training so that I can comfortably finish the marathon.

Continue working with and training my 2 border collies in freestyle and dressage. We have a spring competition coming up and I want to do well. Besides, it keeps me away from the fridge. LOL

Sheri~~ Good luck with the no smoking. On January 1, 1986, I smoked my last cigarette and haven't looked back. It's one of the best things you can do for your health!

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

CW - Sorry to hear about your mom and I hope she better soon!

Great weekly meeting topic! My goal is to get back to my WW goal weight, actually it would be my personal goal which is 5 pounds under that. And to get to the gym at least 4 times a week.

Here's to everyone in making their resolutions and goals in 2011! :salut

Barb - I realize I don't know you at all, but I had to come back here and tell you I've been thinking about your post ever since I read it yesterday morning. It made me so sad because it sounds so much like the thinking I allowed to dominate me for so many years. I have spent a good part of the last year and a half trying to reprogram the way I think and the self-talk that goes on in my head. I know it has been the single biggest factor contributing to every goal I've reached in the past 9 months. Maybe you should consider a goal that focuses on evicting your inner critic. If you can do that, the rest will follow.

You deserve to have a resolution/goal that is attainable and quantifiable. (Is that a word?) If you reach your goal, allow your success to define who you are. If you do not reach your goal, embrace the experience as an opportunity to learn. Always remind yourself that each attempt to move towards goal gets you closer to goal - whatever the outcome.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Barb, I always enjoy reading your posts, as they are always informative and inspirational. I'm sad to hear that you are hard on yourself. Listen to Heather and set a goal to evict that inner critic! You are a treasure just because you are created as you--and no one else out of 6 billion+ people is like you! Don't listen to the lies of the world that would have you believe your value is dependent upon your accomplishments and superficial attributes. Rejoice in every day that you wake up and don't be afraid to share your life with others, as you are doing when you post here.

weight.png