Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Peg you are doing just terrific on this. I got an evening walk in, proud of that. I planted more lettuce, good there too. Dinner and later....no not proud about that.

Hi Cheryl. I have bad moments too hence this thread LOL.

On the bike with plans to be more mindful today.

Have a successful day to everyone reading but not posting!

Peg and Cheryl, I'm going to join you on this thread.

I went for my dog walk today (50-minutes), cut the grass (didn't count APs for that), and ate healthy food (no junk food).

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Hi CBZ and welcome. I'm on the bike. I indulged in Chinese food last night. It was planned. First time in at least two years. Honestly it was not that good. Today back to seriously OP.

Be well friends.

Did the bike one hour today. Op going fine. Gotta watch my portion sizes. Hungry lately.

I just remembered that I had said I would join this thread... I can hardly believe that it has been a week since saying that, and it just crossed my mind today. I've done lots to advance my cause in the past week. Here are a few things:

Went for a 5-hr. hike (mostly uphill, across boulder fields, then downhill... it was the downhill that was tough)

Walked the dogs 5 out of six days (50-minutes each)

Started eating more filling foods and cutting out some of the carbs.

weight.png

Peg, you're an inspiration... day after day after day on that bike and eating OP. I just noticed your signature saying that you've lost 133 pounds and have kept it off. That's a hero in my book!

Did my 50-minute dog walk this morning and have a good eating plan in place for the day.

Have a good one, all:)

weight.png

Did a 1 km. open-water swim this afternoon... so, dog walk and swim for my exercise today. Also found out that my exercise ticker keeps going even after hitting the target... I love that... I can keep it going to the end of August and see how far past my target I can get... a little more incentive.

weight.png

Bike one hour. Walked two miles. Ate 1/2 restaurant meal and left the rest there. Just turkey burger no bun and dry green salad.

Yay all of us.

Dreaming sweet dreams at 4:30 a.m.!!! Peg, I'd be falling off the bike if I tried to get up that early:bcb_grin. What time do you go to bed???

Did my dog walk in the pouring rain... poor Little Lulu was drenched... Misha didn't care, as she was too busy looking for mice to chase. So far I've stuck to my eating plan... and now that I've said that, I'll have to stick to it for the rest of the day or hang my head in shame!

weight.png

DH in shower 4:30. I might as well be on bike. I figure how will I feel IF I skipped the bike. That gets me out of bed.

I am usually getting ready for bed around nine. LOL!

Walked the dogs and took DH along, as he had the day off. I used to be unable to keep up to him with his long legs, but it was reversed this time. That's about all... eating has been just "okay," certainly not stellar.

Adding a short (1/2 hr.) bike ride in the evening.

weight.png

Wow my little rides in my living room are nothing compared to you hiking up mountains. Nice nice. I did 30 mins today and will do more later, maybe walk a bit.

I'm impressed with BOTH of you - hiking/climbing up a Mountain (BC must be aweseom) and Peg, losing 133 pounds - WOW!

Took my dog for a hike in the woods today - about 1.5 hours (est ~ 3 miles) - I hear you on the MOSQUITOES! My friend brought some Skin So Soft for me to try - it did seem to help keep them at bay a bit - either that or the wind....

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Nice to "meet" you, Susan... happy to have you join our thread. What kind of dog do you have? I'm a "dog person," too.

Peg, your "little rides in your living room" happen day after day after day. You put on a lot more mileage riding your bike than I will ever do hiking! My hikes are challenging and the surroundings scenic, but now that I'll be back at work and the days are starting to get shorter, it's unlikely that there will be any more until next summer. I have always been impressed by your steadfastness and determination to get your exercise in every day.

I got my dog walk in (50-min.) and I'm just heading out on my bike.

Addendum after bike ride: Decided to ride up to the green grocer to buy corn on the cob for supper... it was uphill all the way... my thighs were burning by the time I crested the steep hill out of the beach, and I dreaded turning the corner knowing that the road continued on an incline. I was surprised, though, that it was easier than I expected... guess my legs have strengthened over the summer. You know what the best thing about "uphill all the way" is? It's DOWNHILL all the way back! That steep "uphill" is also a steep "downhill," so steep that you can't possibly pedal... pumping the brakes all the way down.

weight.png

Thanks folks. I did 30 mins on the bike today but walked back and forth to the movies in the sun! Foolish. Did it though.

Peg