Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

LJMB is that how I should address you??) - Our dog (we're down to one now) is a black lab rescue/mix that we've had for about 9 years now - and it's time to take her for a walk/hike (I've been on this site FAR too long!)

Peg - I agree, your consistency is admirable. HONK HONK HONK~!!

So far today (even though it's not exercise), I cooked up a HUGE batch of roasted veggies while it was still cool out. Now I've got to get them in the fridge and get my but in gear! I saw another "repeat offender" (did WW before - several times) and just posted this for her - thought you might like it too:

------------------------

I was just reading a book where the author made an analogy that was especially meaningful for me. He was talking about driving a car from California to New York.

Most of us would not be overwhelmed by that - we would think it was possible. He reminded me that in order to achieve a goal, you must believe it is possible. He then said it is possible to achieve any goal with small steps - the car analogy was driving a car IN THE DARK (blind to anything but the 100-200 feet illuminated by the car's headlights) - and yet FULLY BELIEVING that the road will be visible where you need to see it and when you need to see it. So you don't worry or fret about failure, merely about keeping your eyes on the road. You are confident that you will get there, it will just take time.

I haven't paraphrased this as well as I could, but you get the idea.

Believe you will succeed and you will. Believe (or fear) you will fail, and you will.

Your thoughts and attitude will bring the results you focus on. So just focus on the 100 feet ahead of you and practice feeling CONFIDENT that you will succeed as you make your journey.

I’d wish you good luck, but it's not luck that will get you there. You will.

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

just finished 1-1/2 hr bike ride.

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Susan, I'm aka "Linda"... call me whatever you want:)

Your dog sounds a bit like my big one... also a rescue. We don't know what she is, but the vet suggests possibly some dobie, border collie, lab, shepherd... who knows! The little one is Yorkie/Terrier X... not a rescue. Here they are:

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

awwww, Linda they're adorable! Someday I'll learn how to upload a photo - tried to update my avatar a few days ago and all uploads I tried "failed" (I think the file is too big, even though I saved it as the smallest file possible in my photo program.

I weigh in this morning and am hoping to break through 160 - had set a goal for myself of 159 by the end of Aug. My home scale read 158.5 this am so I'm pleased, regardless of what the official scale says. You guys have helped motivate me to get off my butt - the REAL challenge is the cold weather ahead - I tend to hibernate!

♥♥ just learned how to do that!

Susan

trying a quick copy and paste here - maybe avatars are different....

Nope - won't let me "paste" file here

Susan

Wow Linda glad to have a name. Susan thanks for asking. On the bike 4:45 am. One hour. Yawn!

Did a 24 mile bike ride with DH - just under 2 hours. Gorgeous late day sunshine with mottled shade. Thought of you on YOUR bike, Peg.

(Did I mention it was a tandem)?

Susan

Finally, a day when I was able to do my dog walk... the first one since last Sunday. I'm back at school and this week was brutal... I MUST do something "to advance my cause."

Susan, a picture needs to be hosted on the web somewhere in order to be uploaded. I put mine on PhotoBucket because I don't have FB. I had trouble at first because I was using the icon at the top of the posting box, then another buddy told me to copy the IMG location from PB and paste it directly into the posting box. The pics I posted were resized down when they were in PB, but I wished I had resized them even further... they seem so big.

weight.png

Walked 50 minutes with the dogs, and got a bike ride, but it was short. I was head up the hill to the buy hamburger buns for supper and was half-way up when DH came by on his motorbike, so I turned around, went home, and took my car to get the buns. Still, it was probably a 20 minute ride. Better than nothing.

weight.png

Sigh. With all of my big talk and biking....the scale shows me NINE lbs. above goal. This is unbelievable but true. I am working on it.

Dog walk this morning, then we picked up DH's daughter and her boyfriend and went for a picnic. I dropped them off then went to find a parking space... was 0.7 km. away, so I got a bit of a walk in... especially going to get the car at the end of the day, as it was all uphill.

weight.png

Did the bike one hour this morning and tonight I walked 3.25 miles with my son. Up a mile long hill and more. Tracking and eating very mindfully. Yay me. Yay all of us!

Heh Peg & Susan. Saw this interesting sounding thread and thought "this sounds right for me". I will find that one thing that will increase my cause and decrease my butt tomorrow and the next day and the next. Crescentbeachzoo, I'm a dog person also. Have a Westie named Sophie, age 16 mos. With cooler weather coming, we are out for our dog walks again. I'm a regular on the 40,50,60+ thread and live in south Alabama. May I join u girls?

Nite nite for now.

Joan

J O A N

One of the happiest moments is when u find the courage to let go of what u cannot change

No exercise again today, but with the first day of school over and done with, I should be able to eek out a little time. However, I DID do one thing to advance my cause... I turned down a hot dog at our traditional first-day hot dog lunch, and snack on veggies with a LF dip. Guess that counts for something.

Welcome to the thread, Joan. Aren't dogs just the BEST thing for giving us a reason to get up and get going? My Misha is a high-energy dog, so I need to get her out. On days like this, DH gets her out, but it's never quite the same for her as when I take her to run at the fen. There, she can run like the wind.

weight.png

Hey turning something down advances your cause. Congrats!

On the bike. One hour. OP strong!

I love your term, OP strong... that's what I am today... did a 500 m. open-water swim... saw some big crabs scuttling along the ocean floor... loved it.

weight.png

Wow ocean swimming! Crabs! I am a city girl all the way! On the bike. OP going strong. Scale is so much better. The NEW Peggy is getting on the scale daily. Gonna try to make it a habit. For me it's so much safer. Be well fellow travelers.

Full dog walk this morning on the fen... Misha and Lulu are happy and content, and I'm pleased that I got up and out. I've also decided to try to manage a hill ride at least once or twice a week, so I rode up the hill out of the beach. That's a killer exercise (sheer determination) but oh, so worth the anticipated results.

Cheryl, I'm a daily weigh-er... it seems to keep me on track. You've been doing this long enough to know that one's weight can fluctuate dramatically even within a 24-hr. period--as long as a person understands that, I don't see any problem with a daily weigh-in.

weight.png

Hi all. 5 am on the bike. Walked yesterday. Up a bit but I know why. Cannot be afraid to look.

Have a good day everyone!

Meant to post this yesterday--50-minute dog walk, 500 m. open water swim.

Today... just trying to keep my head above water back at school. Eating okay, exercise, NIL.

weight.png