Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

OK THIS I am doing for myself. I am being mindful and tracking and eating right. The scale is not moving. I am 4 above my goal. I am keeping on plugging. I tell my members it's drifting down and will show up if you are REALLY doing the work. I am really doing the work so I am waiting for it to go down. I WI every day.

So I wait and keep at it and try to be MORE mindful.

But what I DON'T DO is GIVE UP. I am going to conquer this. It might take more time than I am used to but this I can do.

Just a dog walk today... but I'm proud of myself for doing it because the last thing in the world I wanted to do after work today was anything other than sitting back for a 20-minute power nap.

Peggy, you are one determined lady. I love reading your posts, as it truly does spur me on to making good choices. You're right... it might take a little longer than you want to meet your goal, but you will do it. It's taking me a whole lot longer than I had wanted, too, but I've learned a lot along the way. Sometimes I think that the battle I've had for the past few months have been good for me. The first 50 pounds seemed so easy... had it continued to be easy, I might not have ever realized that really was hard... and accepting that it is hard is what has stopped me from gaining it all back. I do not want to have to redo the hard work that I've already done.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

I've made a commitment to walk around the block every time I go outside. So far, so good. 4 blocks today. Now I'm going to start journaling and see what mood/emotion gets its claws into me when I snack/eat in a "devil may care" way. It's NOT working for me (and I DO care). I'm consumed by the 12 lbs I've regained after losing 26.

Joan

J O A N

One of the happiest moments is when u find the courage to let go of what u cannot change

Hi, Joan - and welcome to this thread!! I didn't mean to be absent sooo long - life seems to have gotten away from me.

Yesterday did a 1 hr bike ride with hubby. Today, planning to walk my dog as soon as it is light out.

Love that quote, Peggy "TURNING SOMETHING DOWN ADVANCES YOUR CAUSE!"

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Thank you for the kind words friends. I am out walking today with a friend. First meeting 4:30 so I have time since it's 7 now. The scale moved .6 or so and I did work pretty hard for that little move. I WI for the boss on Sunday and won't be there but will almost be there.

Have a good day folks.

Did Jazzercise 1 hour yesterday (modified for myknees) and walked the dog (but not as long as she'd like - not even long enough to count, really)

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

I got my dog walk in this morning even though it was pouring rain. Misha was happy; Little Lulu, not so much. She has a very thin coat, whereas Misha's is thick and seems waterproof. I have my food planned for the day.

weight.png

The two days off I did for myself. Work was long and bike did not fit. On the bike now. Scale stable but stuck. Need to drop at least 5 lbs but I am hard working at it and patient because I am using new muscles tracking and such.

Happy dogs, happy Linda... did my 50-minute dog walk, then a 30-minute bike ride. The bike ride was on flat ground, as I just couldn't face the "hill" today. That will have to wait for another day.

weight.png

30 Mile bike ride with DH

20 exercises for triceps with 5 lb weights

Susan

Took Sophie (my Westie) for a nice walk in the park yesterday. It was really warm (89) but I enjoyed getting out (have nasty case of sinus/allergies). FALL, please come to the Deep South. Journaling. Still walking around block when I go to the mailbox. More intentional about what I am eating and when. With diabetes, low blood sugar is always an "enemy".

Joan

J O A N

One of the happiest moments is when u find the courage to let go of what u cannot change

Sophie and I got lots of exercise at agility class tonite....plus it was hot and humid. Yuck. Hope it will be cooler and not drizzily next Monday nite! Instructor gave us lots of things to work on. Should be fun.

Joan

J O A N

On the bike. WI for Boss went well Sunday. Now back to monthly WI for work but daily WI at home.

On the bike. 60 mins. Three meetings today. Be well friends.

Forgot to check in yesterday. I pushed myself to do a 30-minute bike ride when I got home from work yesterday, even though I was exhausted in every cell of my being. Today, I bundled the dogs into the car and drove to the fen for a serious dog walk. WI today reflected the beefed up effort to eat well, and I was down just over 2 lbs from last week. I feel like I'm really on track again--finally!

weight.png

Wow it's nice to see results huh?

I walked early this morning. My weight is still dropping clothes getting loose again. Back on maintenance again soon.

Really persistence is something I am learning. It's the answer, it really is.

Getting on the bike despite my better judgment. I'd like to veg out but I LOVE How my clothes fit this week.

So we teach it takes six weeks to make a habit. Months ago I decided to ride my bike as many days as possible. I forced myself for weeks. Now IT JUST DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT if I don't get on this bike almost every day. This is amazing to me. Yay habits! Yay my/our being able to change something for the better thus advancing my cause.

Got a good start to the weekend with my dog walk. I've also planned all my eating for the day.

Peggy, I'm starting to feel about my dog walks like you do about your bike. It just doesn't feel right when I am unable to get one in. Sadly, although it takes 6 weeks to form a good habit, it seems to take far less time than that to slide out of the habit. I'm finding I simply have to keep it up, if I slide for a week or two, it's almost like starting over.

weight.png

I agree but if it's a habit then it's in my head and very hard to forget.

On the bike. Have a grand day all.

I'm going to be sore tomorrow... I just spent over an hour climbing up and down a ladder pruning a pear tree that hasn't been properly pruned in a decade. The pecs, particularly, got a workout with the pruners. My back hurts, too, from trying to balance myself in rather precarious positions on the ladder.

Got my dog walk in early this morning... I am pleased to say I believe I can count that a habit! And, I was perfectly OP yesterday and have solid plans for today's eating. I feel like I'm on a roll again.

weight.png