Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Yeah days off turned into an eating day for me. Honestly have no idea what the motivation was. Just ate it all in sight. Tomorrow has to be different. I plan for that. I promise that.

I used a vegetarian replacement (zero fat) for the ground beef in my chili last night. Nobody noticed. We will all be healthier!

“We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace.”

Peggy Tabor Millin

Hi Pam. What a great idea. Back OP today. On the bike. 20 mins resistance. 40 mins without. 5 am!

No work till 11:30 so vegging for a while and will do the bike at 7 instead of my usual 5 !

Good to see you fully on track, Peg. I'm struggling, but at least I mowed the lawn when I got home from work today. That counts for something more than the "nothing" I've managed on most work days for the past month.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Interesting week for me. I ended up in the Cardiac care unit on a heparin drip Tuesday night. Heart rhythm disturbances. I may need a pacemaker. So I laid around for three days while DD brought me sushi. I am back to work this morning but my pulse is still in the 40's. I feel OK. See the cardiologist Friday. Will make plans after that. BUT yesterday I did the bike for one hour and did walk two miles later on last night. I was glad to see my heart rate responded to the exercise by rising but once I stopped it slowed to the 40's again. I DOUBT it is an athlete's heart like they wonder. In any case I am fine and trying to stay on track.

How scary for you, Peg. I hope the docs get things figured out quickly and that you do not need anything drastic. We can be very thankful, though, that we live in a time in history where so many things can be fixed effectively.

Although I got soaked through, I managed to get the dogs out for their long walk this morning. I love the weekends when I have the time to do those walks... only managed to get one in during the week, and as it gets dark earlier and earlier, it will be more and more of a struggle.

weight.png

Rode with DH on our tandem for ~ 2 hours yesterday - some pretty foliage left, but VERY cold. Stayed out later than we anticipated and came home with freezing cold hand and feet as a result. May have to look into something to ride inside during the winter...

Peg, do you recommend the bike you use? If so, what make/model? Or is it more important to get or avoid certain features?

Kudos for "getting back" on the exercise wagon so soon, esp with such a low heartbeat. I'd be paralyzed with fear to do anything!

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Did my dog walk this morning. Misha rolled in a dead, rotting fish, so I expended a few more calories giving her a bath when we got home. My car stinks!

weight.png

My bike is a dinosaur we got free from a catalog my DH did some work for. I want a new one but mine is just such an old friend by now. I'd buy a reclining one. What are they called? My brain is slowing down. I'd also be certain it can go all the way down to NO Resistance on the wheel since that's how I ride. No bells and whistles but they have some pretty fancy ones now for just $400 bucks.

I rode for 30 mins but got covered in sweat my first five. Decided to get off at 30 instead of 60 until I get my heart straightened out.

Oh I'm happy w/myself. My DSD came over to watch sunday football. I stuck to 1 light beer, salad and alittle popcorn. We walked quickly at halftime. I know it would have been tough alone and I thanked her for watching w/me.

Had a choice. On the bike using up excess adrenalin rather than sitting there feeling horrible and taking Ativan.

Actually my thinking was.... What would the NEW Peggy do right now? The old Peggy would sit down and soothe herself with food. The NEW Peggy will do just the opposite. That is IF I WANT TO STAY THE NEW PEGGY!!

The NEW Peggy sounds like she's got things figured out:) You're focussed and positive, Peg... keep it up.

Finally managed to get a dog walk in. I made a big pot of WW veggie soup and a pot borscht this past week, so that helped me stay OP. That's what I am claiming as "what I have done to advance my cause."

weight.png

:wave: ladies, buddies, I used my journal and tracked it all. Grabbed a quick walk in also bf it got too dark.

I am always pleasantly surprised to see this chugging along. Its a great way to pat ones back for the good NSV's

5 am on the bike. Trying to climb out over this headache. Long good day at work ahead of me. Glad to see us all posting here. I BELIEVE in this effort we are making.

OK good to see you Peg and all. I got a walk in and stopped at 1 cookie tracked it too. I will be at "2" parties so I am going to be vigilant and practice safe food choices:bcb_wink3. Will seek out power snacks and use 3 bite rule