Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Nice to see new folks here. I lost my first batch of weight with WW online so go for it. Bike came today. I rode one hour total in 3 batches. Nice to have a bike again.

Good to see you finally have a bike again, Peg!

Did my dog walking using my new pedometer and was happy to find my fen walks are just a handful of steps short of 6,000. No wonder I feel good when I've done it! We're keeping NYE simple tonight. My first day on WW was exactly two years ago today.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Meals all planned out for the next week, large batch of trail mix fixed and divided in serving size(d) bags(snacks). Bring on the new week and the new year! I'm ready to go:bcb_grin

-Sam:bcb_march

HW/Restart/CW/GW

240/228/228/130

Walked three miles alone this morning. Will do the bike later trying to get used to the difference. Planning food. Working on portion sizes. Happy New Year all thanks for keeping this thread alive. I believe.

Tomorrow's lunch and dinner is all packed up in the fridge, all I have to do is pop it in the microwave. I started the New Year off being at the lowest weight I've been in a long time and that is a great start to 2012.

HW/Restart/CW/GW

240/228/228/130

I believe, too, Peg. Happy New Year to you, and thanks to you for starting this thread and keeping it going. Hi to the rest who have started posting here, too... your presence is appreciated... keep it up:)

I went for a walk/run today. My new pedometer is accurate when I am walking, but not accurate at all when I start running. I count 25 double steps walking, then either 50 or 100 double steps running--the pedometer showed 25 walking steps as 50, but 50 (double) running steps as only 50 (and a few times even less). I guess I'm going to have to go simply by timing.

weight.png

Linda if it's a WW pedometer take it back.

On the bike 4:45 am. This bike is so different. Less mindless. More activity points.

Great to be here.

I went for a walk/run today.

A run/walk...I am stinkin' proud of you.:bcb_up

I read this thread most everyday. Proud all the exercise you all are doing.

Peg~so glad you finally got your new bike! And how nice that the delivery boys set it up for you! I know the exercise bike is a great tool for you and is what you used through your weight loss journey. Proud of you getting on it most everyday!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Peg, it isn't a WW pedometer; it's one my step-daughter gave me for Christmas. I didn't think about the WW pedometer. Do you have one? Is it fairly accurate? I still like the idea of getting one, but I don't want to spend a lot of money to get something like a GPS. The WW's one is a good price... if it works, then I'm going to get one. Thanks for the idea.

Got my dog walk in this morning. I'm a little sore from the running yesterday... I didn't do proper stretching and it was chilly outside, so I think the slight soreness is from that more that muscle soreness.

weight.png

I really want a pocket pedometer so that I don't have to clip it on me, but i dont know how accurate they are. I'd hate to spend $25+ for one that doesnt work. Today's temp was upper 20's all day, but i didnt manage to get out of the house for some light walking, before my numb little fingers and toes had me rushing to get inside. So now I'm off to huddle under thick blankets and read :)

HW/Restart/CW/GW

240/228/228/130

The WW pedometers are not reliable. I apologize WW but DO NOT buy one.

On the bike. All I can do is ride on this one. It's doing the job.

On the old bike I am ashamed to admit. i could read, use my phone's internet, eat breakfast. Nonsense really but the bike did the job. Maybe this one will do a better job IF I DO a better job and stay focused.

It's tough to do much more than exercise on this bike and honestly isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Exercise isn't supposed to be relaxing or joyful. So I am going to take full advantage of this bike.

I am only doing 30 minutes. I used to do one hour. I am trying to get my knees used to the new position and I hope that can happen. No pain just stiffness but then again I have not ridden in a month or more. I doubt I am doing damage to my fake knee or my bad knee. I am using no resistance even though this bike has resistance up the ying yang. I might try to add some but the orthopod says no resistance. I can be fine without it really.

The 30 minutes is ten miles plus. On the other bike one hour was 14 miles so there is a better burn on the new bike. I'm willing to do the work to let this bike work for me. It will take patience and determination but that is the only way I am going to keep this weight off.

PLUS I am at least 9 lbs above goal. Since I work for WW I need to stay at my goal. We have monthly WI. The boss knows I have medical stuff going on right now but I really have to get on the horn here and get my numbers back to goal. Then maybe below. My goal is right at the top of my range making it really tough to slide up a few pounds after a wild weekend. KWIM? I was once as low as three below my goal but never again.

Any lower and I really think I look bad. Maybe I am going to try to get back to the lowest I have been in my range and see if I can stay there giving myself a bit of a cushion for WI days.

All done healthy. Following Simply Filling/Core and keeping up with my exercise.

Thanks for listening. Have a great day folks.

Thanks Peg for telling us about this thread - and it's already over a year old! The critical thing here is that it's positive. We all tend to easily slide into the negative, say 'oh well' and give up. I haven't done the walk yet, but am off to buy a lot of greens, some almonds and some mushrooms. Not only do we need to count, we need to know that what goes in that mouth is good for us. I'm going to work on healthy eating - not rewarding behavior with c$$p (pardon the English). Attitude, attitude, attitude.....

Liz W

Instead of hitting the snooze button this morning I got up and 40 minutes of Turbo Jam Sculpt.... I feel great knowing I've already got my workout in.. I don't have that hanging over my head all day and it's keeping me motivated to stay on track :bcb_happy

<<<ChRiSSY>>>

SW = 216.0 Jan 1

CW = 216.0 Jan 1

WWGW = 145

------------------------------------------

Mini Goal #1 - 5% (205)

Mini Goal #2 - under 200!!

Mini Goal #3 - 10% (194)

You don't have to see the whole staircase... Just take the first step - Martin Luther King Jr

Went grocery shopping and put some of my almost expired coupons to good use. I bought a lot of Smart One's lasagnas, which arent good for you but I do try to limit to 1-2 per week. However it cant be any worse than the fast food I was eating :) I got in a good 4 hours of walking/shopping in and that counts as "exercise", right? lol. Stay strong, stay positive, and stay OP!

HW/Restart/CW/GW

240/228/228/130

I think I'm going to buy a bike or a treadmill for indoor use when it's winter. It was freezing today and I just hate having to go out in it to walk, but I did get in a good 40 minutes before I had to call it quits and thaw out in a hot shower.

HW/Restart/CW/GW

240/228/228/130

On the bike 5 am. No snooze button for me either. Found my stride on this bike. Yay me. Yay all of us!

So glad to hear that the bike is working out for you, Peg. When you spend so much $$ for something, it hurts like heck if it doesn't live up to expectations. You're back on a roll!

I got a 30 min. walk/run in with Misha when I got home from work today.

weight.png

I have planned today's meals and snacks. We are heading out for a museum and will take a walk while there.

“We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace.”

Peggy Tabor Millin

Southern Fried~I have a drawer full of pedometers. The best one I've found was a Omron HJ720IT. You can clip it or take it out of the clip and put it in your pocket. It even tracks in your purse. I suggest taking it out of your pocket before washing your pants :bcb_grin I have washed mine twice, dried it out and back in business. It also has software to download to keep up with other info. Check it out. I also have the WW ped, don't suggest it although I wear it daily to reach my 10,000 step a day goal I have for myself.

JONI

If you're looking for a pedometer, my vote is Omron or one that I really LOVE is my Digi-walker. Have had it for years and it's quite accurate counting steps and it's compact. I just clip it to my pants. You can't just put in in your pocket like you can the Omron. Both are good.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Trudy, I'm assuming that the pedometer you have measures steps accurately when you're running, or you wouldn't like it. (The one I got for Christmas works okay for walking, but not for running.) Does it count every step (i.e. left, right, left, right = 4) or every second one (i.e. left, right = 1)?

weight.png

I think Oron makes the best pedometer although my I phone has an app that's a lovely pedometer. Try that one if you can.

Morning folks. I walked the beach yesterday finally. One hour along the water. That took a lot of effort but was such fun with a good friend.

Off to work. Be well all. OP going OK will be better.