Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Peggy, I applaud not only your consistency in getting your riding in every day but in recording it here. It's encouraging to come here and see that you're still going. That's what I need to add next---regular exercise. I've just restarted and am working on maintaining a good, OP eating plan and getting used to counting points again (using the WW Flex Plan that I was on in 2008). Keep your routine going--it's an inspiration and encouragement to others like me.

SW-183 GW-143

161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)

151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

I find consistency is my biggest friend in this weight loss journey. I strive for consistency and it pays off. I also like to see it "on paper" It helps a lot.

Peggy, I know what you mean about "seeing it on paper." I'm a list maker--love a written schedule and to-do list. Also love the satisfaction of crossing items off on my to-do list. I've even been known to add something to the list that I've already done, just for the pleasure of crossing it off! I'm still wrangling with the tedious process of determining point values of various meals, but I really don't mind recording the information once I get it. "Seeing it on paper" does reinforce the importance of making good food choices and also makes us accountable for those choices.

SW-183 GW-143

Great walk. WI same as last week. I figured that. Can't ask for too much too fast.

Day off. Planned to skip it all but the bike called to me. Did 45 minutes just above my minimum. Plan to walk down to the mall today and get a ride back hopefully. WI yesterday was the same as last week but today I am down .6 lbs. from yesterday so this is good. The leader said FLAT LINE PEGGY and that really pi$$ed me off. How not nice. How not supportive.

Yeh! It's the beginning of a two-week Spring Break for me and it got off to a great start with a 50-minute dog walk in the rain. I LOVE starting my day that way and am aiming to get a dog walk in every day during the holidays with the possible exception of when I am away visiting family (3 days).

Peggy, refuse to let the "not nice" comment get you down. Some people can be so insensitive, ignorant, or just plain mean-spirited. You are one of the most diligent, focussed, hard-working BCBers that I know--an inspiration to so many of us and I'm sure others in your off-line world.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Wow Linda great time off. I love early morning walks too. I just won't trust that leader with too many of my WIs.

Long day. No exercise. Up 4:30. Too long day.

Peg, you hoofed quite a bit farther than I did today, but I did get my walk in nice and early. Saw a coyote across the fen, a seal, and myriad birds.

weight.png

Wow Lynda. A fen, coyotes, seals? I saw concrete and Spanish style homes. A few palm trees and a ton of jets landing and taking off. I belong in a fen. I have fairy heritage.

I'm walking tonight. So much yesterday need a morning off.

Did my walk again this morning--that's three in three days--a great start to the holiday.

Peg, if you're ever up this way, I'll take you to my fen:) (Must clarify, it isn't really mine, but I'm often the only one walking there, so I pretend.)

weight.png

Going walking in a few. I'd love to see your Fen Linda. Maybe some day. Scale looks better today.

I'm four for four--did my fourth dog walk this morning on day four of my Spring Break. Sure feels good to be up and at it early--and Misha spends the day curled up sleeping rather than trying to get my attention by lifting my arms off my keyboard with her nose. I have my eating planned for the day.

weight.png

Good for you Linda. I took today off. Had some chest pain last night and Saturday. Trying to put my head in the sand. I see the MD next week and IF it comes back we'll go to the ER. I've done really well. There is no good reason for this annoyance but it's very minor, one on a scale of 1-10.

I managed to be CORE 100% yesterday. It was amazing and felt great. My weight will definitely be down this week.

Five for five! It took a sheer act of the will, though, to pull myself out of bed rather than turn over and sleep an extra hour. Misha's happy, and I'm happy:)

Have a good day Peg--I hope you're feeling better quickly.

weight.png

Great job Linda. What I tell myself is how miserable will I feel if I skip exercising today. That gets me out of bed. Nice job.

I got all dressed. Had coffee and went outside for my walk at 7 am. It's raining. Never looked out the window. So I did the 2 miles anyway. Felt great. Nice clean ozoney air. Home now soaked but happy. Down 2.6 this week for a total of 10.2. Yay me. Yay all of us!

What a great WI, Peg. You deserved it, though, with all the hard work you've been doing. It doesn't come "free." I loved the phrase "ozoney air!" I've never thought of it that way, but have always felt exhilarated from a rain shower (or downpour).

I got my dog walk in this morning, so that is 6/7 days in my break. Yesterday, I was just too tired to pull myself out of bed. I did get in a short 15-minute walk, which is better than not moving at all, but it certainly wasn't a workout!

weight.png

It's Saturday and I was up early for my fen walk with Misha. That's 7/8 days now! I'm off in a few minutes to take her to her Nose Work classes, then I'll plan the rest of the day's eating. Have a good day, all.

weight.png

Linda do not leave me hanging. Nose work? Sniffing? Interesting.

Long long day working. OP fine. No exercise. Tomorrow planned walking. Bike too. Big big rain. Roof leaking. Dinner out. Took 2/3 home with me. Expensive but not that good. Teeny corn muffins. Took 2 home. A real treat for me.

It's cold and windy and I am walking to Staples at 9:30 to get something printed then home. That'll be about three miles. IF it does not rain. I can call DH to get me if I need.

OP fine. Feel great.

I'm 8/9 days on my dog walks--got up early today so that I could get it done and still get to church:)

Peg, yes, Nose Work is "sniffing." Misha is in her third set of lessons and absolutely loves going--she "gets in touch with her inner dog." We did vehicle searches yesterday.

Glad to hear you're OP and "feeling great."

weight.png

LOL--first thought when I read "nose work," was, "Oh my goodness. Is the dog having plastic surgery?" Makes more sense what you said, Linda.

Linda and Peggy have been so good reporting their daily exercising, which I still have not begun. (I will shortly, I promise.) However, what I did today was go out to eat. I have 36 points remaining for the week, by design, as I go out to eat with extended family and friends every Sunday---today it was lunch. We take turns choosing the restaurant, and today's choice was a Hawaiian restaurant. I was a little concerned because Hawaiian food can be quite heavy, but not too concerned because I plan for Sundays to be a splurge day, but still OP for the week. I chose the charbroiled beef (rib eye) teriyaki and, instead of the standard macaroni salad I asked for raw cabbage---no sacrifice here, as I don't like macaroni salad and I love the crunch of the cabbage with the beef. I knew they could provide that, as they serve their appetizers on a bed of cabbage. Anyway, as usual, I ate half of my meal and took the other half home.

However, I did something different this time. Before I started eating, I carefully divided the meat and rice in two parts each. Then, when I got home I weighed and measured the meat and rice, respectively, to get an accurate portion size for figuring the points. I'm pretty anal about getting the points just right, so this was a great way to divide a meal for me---others here probably are comfortable with their estimating skills, but I like to be exact whenever possible. I have LOTS of points leftover and could even eat the other half tonight for dinner, if I chose to do so. But I would never be able (or want to) eat the entire amount in one sitting. I'll probably take the half I have leftover and share it with my child, who consumed her entire entree at lunch and will do fine with the reduced amount tonight---so I get 2 meals out of one (really 3, if I count sharing with my child) and I stay well within my point allowance for the day.

SW-183 GW-143