Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Genoa, your victory at eating out was indeed "one thing you did today to advance your cause." Congratulations! Being anal about your points is a GOOD thing--it's my sloppiness that has caused me to be stuck here for so long. I need a little bit of that anal-ity.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Good doggie Misha!!

Walked to Staples today. Total 3 miles. Too windy to walk again.

Linda, Too bad they can't mix us together and then divide us in half to make two reasonably careful, successful WWers.

SW-183 GW-143

161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)

151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Got my 2 miles in. Will repeat in the morning. Gotta keep up my streak. OP went well. Brushed my teeth early. Done eating.

Good job, Peggy. Do you get extra activity points for walking against the wind?

SW-183 GW-143

Got my 30 mins of bike in at 4 am. Waiting to take a friend to the airport. Yay me.

I walked twice yesterday. 8 points worth. I gained .4 this week. This too shall pass.

I drove by two bakeries today without stopping. Misha got her dog walk early this morning, and DH and I went for a 20-minute bike ride.

weight.png

HEY drive by bakery. Great great.

I just did my 2.25 miles Felt great. Going to rain soon so I got it done early.

OP could be better but will get there.

Peg

Peg, gfy on the 2+ walk this morning. I got out for my dog walk (yea!), but it will be the last morning one for at least a week since I'm back at school tomorrow.

weight.png

I've had MAJOR computer problems, with clients breathing down my neck wondering if I will meet deadlines. I managed to stay OP and neither overeat nor fail to eat through it all. Does that count?

SW-183 GW-143

Any one thing you feel good about is good enough!!

Just walked 3 miles. Knees screaming.

Good--I do feel good that I didn't resort to emotional eating. I am looking forward to starting to exercise soon, as soon as doctor okays it, although it won't be as ambitious as your walking and bicycling. Still, I'm trying to be happy about what I CAN do, rather than focus on what I can't right now.

SW-183 GW-143

But really bicycle and walk is all I can do right now too. I cannot do floor exercises or upper body stuff. I just walk and ride a stationary bike with NO resistance on the wheel. It's the consistency of my exercise that rewards me. Any little thing done consistently is the trick.

Getting on the bike. Have a headache. Going to wait it out a bit.

Bicycling and walking is two more things than I do, so I'm impressed. And I think what has really impressed me is your consistency. Getting started is hard, but starting and then maintaining the consistent pattern of exercise (whatever it may be) is what we're all striving for.

SW-183 GW-143

Well, bicycling and walking are two more things than I do! I think what really impresses me is your consistency. Getting started is hard, but starting and then maintaining a consistent schedule of exercise (whatever it may be) is what we're all striving for. You're a great example for me and it is inspiring me to do the same.

SW-183 GW-143

I like Jazz apples! To help my cause I have been trying different fruits and veggies and adding an extra 30 minutes to my walking.

Michele

366/116

Lifetime since 12/30/00