Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Bike 30 mins, Pool 45 mins. OP went really well yesterday. Will again today. I want to WI Thursday come hell or high water.

I skipped the pool yesterday but today did 30 mins bike and 45 mins pool until my face got flaming red.

Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Been doing report cards, and just surviving! But, I DID survive the year, and I got my dog walk in this morning. Activity has been abysmal lately, although I manged to get a few bike rides in during the week. There's no excuse now--I just have to finish organizing and cleaning up, then I can lock my portable up for the summer!

You're doing good, Peg. Welcome, Esther! Yes, do join in--there have been many days when I didn't feel like moving but pushed myself, so I could report in that I had "advanced my cause."

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Hi Linda. I knew you were finishing the school year but I wanted to jerk your chains a bit. Glad to see you!

Thanks for jerking the chains, Peggy. Sometimes we need that, don't we! I got up at 6:15 this morning to go for my dog walk and I'm just heading out now for a bike ride. Eating has been right on target.

weight.png

Just got back from the Y. 45 minutes in the pool. Exhausted after a weekend of not moving that much. OP will be OK I have plans.

Doing fine. My accelerometer from WW has indicated I am an occasional athlete and earn 0-4 AP's a day. I am insulted but honestly they are correct. So I am doing a few things to ramp it up. I bounced on the big ball two times yesterday for 15 minutes. Had the ball for two years never touched it. So this is all good. Y closed today but there is traveling and walking today. Going to the Nixon Museum. Woo hoo exciting huh? NOT! At least DS is coming and we'll laugh.

OP was fine yesterday and my weight coming back down.

Did a 45-minute walk early this morning, as Misha got me up at 6:15 a.m. The fen is closed, so we just walked from home, and it was wonderful. Also got a bike ride in this afternoon with DH.

BTW, Peg, what is an accelerometer?

weight.png

WW will be selling them soon. By Phillips. Active-Link. I LOVE mine. Pool 40 mins. Bike 25 mins. Op went really well yesterday.

Did a stroll with DH down to the dog beach with Misha and Little Lulu, then a heart-pumping bike ride--actually worked up a sweat, and it takes a lot for me to sweat:) A good day!

weight.png

Good for you Linda. Good for both of us. Bike (mine) 30 mins. Working soon. Be well.

Yes, Peg, good for both of us! I did both a walk and a bike ride yesterday, as well as spent five hours doing a final clean-up for summer in my portable. I was exhausted from that--lifting boxes, moving furniture. Today started well with a 45-minute brisk walk with Misha. Now to finish well!

weight.png

Just bounced on my ball for 15 mins. My legs and arms ache. Will try a walk tonight if my knee lets me. Day off need to get stuff done. OP going fine.

Yesterday did finish well exercise-wise, with a solid bike ride. However, OP food-wise was not as good. I think DH and I are overdoing the "free" fruit. Started today with a 45-minute dog walk--Misha got me up at 5:50 a.m. and I couldn't disappoint her:) That sure is a beautiful time to go for a walk! I love the long shadows, the fresh sea-air, and the solitude of walking while most of the world around me is sleeping.

weight.png

Try to think of fruit as zero points but not free. Use serving sizes 1/2 to 1 cup a serving. It helps. I eat one fruit then next two veggies. Keeps me honest.

Pool and bike 90 mins total. I should get some credit for 5 am but there you go. OP going fine.

Skipped the Y. SO TIRED. Will do the bike today. Reached 160% on my Active Link Yesterday.

Did a good bike ride late afternoon yesterday, then got up at 6:00 this morning and did my 50-minute walk with Misha. As soon as we hit the dyke, I let her off leash for a short run, but within seconds she had found a raccoon to chase. She chased it into the channel, the stood on the bank barking. I'm glad Misha doesn't like to swim, or it would have been dire. I'm all scratched up from scrambling down the bank through blackberry brambles to get her back onto her leash. Guess it's a lesson for me.

weight.png

Did the pool and bike at the Y. One hour and half total. Feel great. Working today (day off) all is well. OP going fine. I WI yesterday and wanted to faint but at least it's lower than last week. I'm working on it.

Excellent work, Peg! I did my dog walk and will do a bike ride later. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I'm hoping she mentions something about the work I have done to lose weight.

weight.png

My WI yesterday was better than the day before thankfully. I am trying to WI each day at work to conquer this fear of the scale.

Hi and welcome. My aim is to help myself and the rest of us try to do JUST ONE Thing a day to advance our causes. Bike and Pool just 1 hour total but it was something at least.