Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Peggy yes it is hot, but I walk once in the morning before it gets unbareable and once in the evening after it cools down some. I think I am addicted to my walks. LOL :bcb_bigsm

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Walks are a good thing to be addicted to, Dottie:) Wow! I just noticed that you lost 84 lbs. and have maintained. You and Peg have accomplished something very few do -- losing a huge amount of weight and maintaining your loss. Those of us who are newer to the program (my first day on WW was Dec. 31, 2009) love seeing results like those -- too often all we've seen are those who have lost then put it right back on. I never did meet my PGW and am 10 lbs. over my WWGW, and I'm determined not to let it get away on me. I'm working hard to move the number southward.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Thank You Linda I just passed my 9th year at goal (under goal) in July. On March 30th I quit smoking and am working hard to not gain any of the weight back. I can do it because I like who I am now.

Have a great day buddies!!!!!!!!

Got a great walk in last night. and will walk again tonight. Also running after grandbabies today, always good exersize.LOL

Got my walk in and if time and weather permits I will walk again tonight.

Peggy where are you?

Sorry been absent. Took Friday off from the Y. Now working early today and all day so not around. Too hot to do much exercise. Now the Y is closed all of next week for renovation and this will be a challenge. I have the bike here and will do that every morning. I may walk a bit but my knees are not happy. We'll see. Starts tomorrow.

Peg, have you ever considered walking poles? I just bought a pair after reading that using them can take up to 25% of the force off the knees. My knees are terrible, and I'm hoping that my new poles extend the time before surgery is needed.

No exercise of note today, as I needed a day to recover from the long hike yesterday.

weight.png

Got a long walk in.

Cloudy with a cool breeze this morning so I walked.

I lied when yesterday when I said I didn't get any exercise of note. An hour after writing that post, I hopped onto my bike and did a 30-minute, heart-pumping bike ride. Nothing today, yet, but that doesn't mean it's a lost cause yet. I'm hoping I can talk DH into a short bike ride.

weight.png

Y closed one week. On my bike. Op has been mostly fine. Dottie good to see you posting. I love that name Dottie. I know a Penny and I'm Peggy and Dottie fits right in. Linda back to work soon? Good to see you here too.

I walked last night with a friend. It's HOT here in LA. I'm not used to hot.

Good Morning. I missed my walk last night and this morning. But I will come back here and post about walking later because I WILL walk sometime today!

Linda I don't think that was a lie really. Lol. Great job on the bike. I sold mine and now I miss It..

Peggy thank you. I used to have alot of teasing when I was younger people calling me Dottie Snotty or others you can Imagine. I told my DH once after I lost weight "you can call me Hottie Dottie now." Just a joke.

You are doing great with exercise, you keep me motivated to come here and post everyday.

I will be back later to post my exercise

Got an early dog walk in this morning. I've felt really blue for the past couple of days, and when I was walking it came to me that perhaps it's b/c I missed three days of walking with Misha. Thursday couldn't be helped b/c I left early for the hike, but Saturday and Sunday were without a legitimate excuse. Anyway, I feel cheerier today after getting that walk in.

Peggy and Dottie, I hope the heat abates soon; I cannot imagine having to deal with those kind of temperatures.

weight.png

Linda that is how I feel when I don't walk. To me it's a stress reliever. I feel bad for my dogs because they never give up no matter how long I walk. It makes me want to reward them for being so loyal.

I did a long walk yesterday. And will walk again today sometime. Working it one day at a time.

Started my day with an hour walk with Misha. It was really a gentle stroll, as it was her walk, and she spent a lot of time sniffing around with me waiting for her. Did a solid 30-minute bike ride with DH, then went to the beach and did a 500 m. open water swim--must get my bangs cut:)

weight.png

Short walk yesterday because of rain (I am NOT complaining). Will try for a longer walk today.

Sorry been lazy. I have tried to catch up with the Y closed but it is hot here and I do not tolerate heat well. Today I am home so I turned the A/C on and bounced for 15 minutes.I plan to catch up with my DVR today and promise to bounce for 15 mins of each hour of television watched. I also finally took the shrink wrap off of the Time Crunch Training I bought at WW so long ago. I MAY give that a try today too, right now for that matter here on the computer. I need to do something.

OP going fine. I WI yesterday and gained .6 over two weeks BUT the trend. I did my employee WI and LOST 4 over the month. That 4 lost over 4 weeks will stay off. The .6 is a little pee or poop and not to be worried over.

SO I rededicate myself to ME. Keep moving keep counting and work.

I unearthed my Leslie Sansone walking video and belt. I never used it once. It turns out it's High Intensity. Too much for me but I did two miles of a 3 mile video. I would have done more but the phone rang. I sweated thru all my clothes and I did not really totally keep up with her. If felt great though. Can't do it every day because it's hard on my knees so tomorrow or tonight I'll take a look at the time crunch training. All good it's all good.

Walking for the day completed. Yea!!!!!

Being smart. My back hurts from all I did yesterday. Bounced three times, did the exercise video. Today is a long day and six hours of open hours where I am alone most of the time. I move chairs around and do laps in the center. See how long it is? It's perfect for laps.

Ladera.jpg