Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Third day of OP went fine. Getting easier and easier to not snack dangerously. Off to the Y. These early morning hours have to get better. I am so tired by 9 pm. Working all day today, my day off. For a friend.

Walked to the Y my new idea since my car is dead. Did one hour in the pool and walked home. It was lovely. I really pushed. I commit to at least four days this week. I have fallen down on my exercise but the $50 a month to the Y keeps chugging along.

OK Thanksgiving over with. I tossed the rest of the desserts yesterday. All gone. Packed a healthy lunch for today after eating OP yesterday. Off to the Y 4:30 am. No credit for it being this early huh?

SOMEONE COME IN AND TALK TO ME HERE.

Bounced for 15 mins then did a Leslie Sansone walking high intensity video for two miles. Yay me. I can feel the fat on my back. This is horrible but I know how to take care of it. Thank goodness I caught this. I have also started taking a picture of every thing I eat. Just like tracking. This way I will avoid mindless eating and be accountable for what I eat. I can also see my diet for the past few days and determine how well I am really doing. Great idea huh?

This photographing my food is a miracle. I can look at last night's dinner and taste it all over again and remind myself that I have eaten enough. So far so good. Off to the Y. It's cold and raining but there you go.

This thread is not just for ME. Come on in folks. It's JUST for us to think is there even just ONE THING we did today to help? Just one thing? Think about it.

OK this is big..... My day off I ususally take an entire day off no YMCA. I am an all or nothing kind of gal. Up at 4 am or in bed. So I got up at six and went to the Y. Bike for 30 mins and treadmill for 15, all my knee could take. Did fine. Home at 8 and ready for the day. Yay me

Great to see you here. Today I work all day so no YMCA. Tomorrow is another day. I managed 5 days this week which is great for me.

Peg 5 days is great!

Today, I spent almost my entire 10 hour shift on my feet. I was tired, but I dragged my tired but*t off the couch tonight and went for a run.:kickbutt: It was a nice run.

I printed an "O Fitness Tree" advent tree that I found on someones blog. I has 25 days on it. For each day that I exercise I will put a sticker of something on the tree. My goal is to have 20 of the 25 spots covered with a sticker by Christmas. I have never exercised 25 days in a row before and I didn't want to set a goal that high. Doing 20 days of exercise will be pushing it.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Hey Trudie nice job. I Like the advent thing. Yesterday I spoke to a woman whose active link is asking her does she need to slow down LOL. She's doing a wonderful job. I am off to the Y. Skipped yesterday. Today my heart is acting up but that's not anything but my wonky system. Off to the Y and work all day. I too ran around all day at work yesterday. OP going fine, really fine actually.

Skipped the Y. Dentist big time today. I did however WI yesterday first time in a month. Not pretty but this is me facing the challenge of being 12 lbs above goal. I imagine if I had faced the scale a week ago I'd have seen it up probably 4 lbs. I did really well this week. My picture taking is working like a charm. I photograph every meal. Just like actual tracking. I eat Simply Filling anyway so a photo is perfect for my needs. I go back and look at the meals and see how well I did and how much effort I put into that meal and that keeps me from snacking or straying too far from the path.

I need to stop being afraid of the scale so I VOW today that I will WI every Tuesday at the 8:30 am meeting. I Have to do this to keep my self respect but also to keep my job and my wardrobe. LOL

Kettlebell work out. I thought...it's just a 5 pound kettlebell, it can't be that hard of a work out, WRONG! My legs were extremely fatigued and shaky when I got done. My knees were frequently buckling afterwards. I fear the struggle that I may have getting out of bed in the morning.:bcb_worry

My "Fitness tree" is filling up nicely. I need to keep it up.

Trudie

Nice job kettlebells. wow. I skipped the Y yesterday and today. The bed was so warm and my week is so full. I have tomorrow but it cannot make up for not going twice. OP has gone really well foodwise though. I'm working hard to keep this going.

Peg

Thanks Peg. Glad OPness is going well foodwise. I know you are working at getting back to goal.

I did a kettlebell workout again, and it's quite the workout. Running is easier.

Trudie

I fell off the wagon and landed with a thud. Tomorrow I start again. I am done eating for tonight. YMCA in the morning and on to OP again. Thank goodness life is forgiving.

Hey Fluffy that's ONE good thing right? I am off to the Y. Recommitting myself for this journey. I seem to have lost my way and need to move my head around a bit. I am back in the small pool. I think I got the best work out there. Gosh not really a work out but a good long walk. If the talking ladies don't show I'll be fine but I promise to drag them along with me as I walk.

Big time at the Y today. I worked hard in the little warm pool. Felt great. OP will be fine today.

Peggy I'm so happy for you and the healthy habit of exercise which you are building on. I have been letting depression and fatigue hold me back and I need to step out and do that. I was 1.8 pounds down on the scale at the meeting today and enjoy attending my meeting. I need it for support. :bcb_salut