Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Fluffy my attitude is if I want energy I have to USE Energy. I think of how will I feel at 2 pm if I have skipped the Y today and that gets me out of bed. I just did a Leslie Sansone video, walked two miles. It's something at least. Good for both of us. Try ONE thing today even if it is parking your car further away or taking the stairs.

Congrats on the loss. Wonderful job. Somehow I see a 1.8 loss as better than a 3 lb loss. You can lose again next week while the 3 lb probably won't. Nice job.

I did 30 minutes walking today. First time since surgery that I did it without stopping. Just laps in the house, but I am moving again!

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

I did not do a formal exercise today but was out walking and walking in the stores. Peggy thank you for your advice and encouragement. Always Fluffy:salut

Hey good for all of us. Welcome back Esther. Glad to hear you feeling well. Fluffy you can count that walking. Go ahead it's all good.

Off to the YMCA. Too early too cold but gotta go.

30 minutes walking - slow walk, but walking none the less. Feels really good to be pushing myself to keep moving!

Esther

I pulled out the measuring cups, had 1 cup of total raisin bran, 1 cup of puffed rice, and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. I also had coffee with fat free creamer.

Fluffy, measuring is certainly a great thing to do for ourself!

Did about 15 minutes in walmart. In the car most of the day to get to and from my checkup. Doctor is pleased, so am now encouraged to walk more than 30 minutes per day.

Esther

Not much yesterday but work. I think I am going out for a walk right now. You inspired me Esther. Back soon.

I did it. First time at the Y on a Sunday. I walked to the Y, one mile. Did 30 mins on the bike, did some machines and walked home. Did fine. A good exercise usually helps me stay OP for the rest of the day. We'll see. Thanks Esther you got me going.

Peg

Exactly we have to LET it happen. Good for us right?

Off to the Y. Rainy but I need this consistency.

Thanks Peggy. Nothing for me yesterday or today either. Just have to let this head congestion decide to run before I can move far from the bed.

Esther

Oh Esther feel better. Every one is sick around here. I'm sorry. Did the Y and ready for work now. Be well friends.

Going to walk down the BIG hill to the movies. And back. Seeing Lincoln with DH. He drives I walk. LOL. Enjoy your Christmas friends.

Did 15 minutes of laps here in the house. That really was hard, but knew I have to start back somewhere. Still not breathing really easy. Peggy you inspire me to just make myself do it!

Esther

Oh Esther thanks. We are here to inspire each other right? I also walked two miles yesterday. Just did 40 mins of aerobic walking with a video here at home. Food last night was not good. I have to be better. Esther I talk big but I am struggling right now.

I walked to my blood donation appointment (about 20 minutes), but they wouldn't take me because of a cold sore which is healing over. So I walked to the hardware store, then home. All in all, about an hour's walk, and I'll be taking the muttlies out for their walk right after lunch. Walking is the best for me.

I'd forgotten about getting turned down for blood because of a cold sore. But I guess just as WW constantly refines the program based on research, so do the blood people for the good health of both the donors and recipients.

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Mahatma Gandhi

Good for all of us right?

I skipped the Y today but might go after work. I get out at 10 but go back at 4 so I have plenty of time to NOT Lay around. OP went fine yesterday and will again today.

First trip to town alone since doctor said I could drive. Did my mall walk, 1 mile if you hug all the walls, so I did it. Hard, exhausted, but so proud of myself!

Esther

Walked 60 minutes, laps in my house. Divided it up into two segments, but still!

Esther

It's all good Esther. I took yesterday off choosing to laze about and read. It was lovely. Today is my longest day at work so exercise starts again tomorrow. Be well friends.

Work was long and hard yesterday. Day off today and traveling a bit. Today is day one of the rest of my life. I will be OP all day. I planned my food already and we are bringing the food anyway. Tomorrow is the Y no matter how tired or rushed I am. It's a new day folks and watch me lose this weight.