Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Hi Guys, this is a great thread! So much inspiration and motivation.

I hope you don't mind if I join in.

I haven't done anything super today yet, since it is still early, but yesterday I went for a brisk walk in the evening even though I was really tired. Yey for me!

I also went to bed early, which is something I'm trying to do more and more - I'm trying no getting stuck on the computer or watch so many movies at night- so I can get some sleep instead- and hopefully feel refreshed in the morning (I am NEVER refreshed in the morning!)

Have a great day everyone!

New SW 199 (March 30, 2011)

First goal 5%- 189

~2nd Weigh-in~ I'm down 3.8 lb!!

~3rd Weigh-in~ Down .2 Whyyyy!!??

Good for you Peggy!

And thanks!

New SW 199 (March 30, 2011)

First goal 5%- 189

~2nd Weigh-in~ I'm down 3.8 lb!!

~3rd Weigh-in~ Down .2 Whyyyy!!??

Today I made my lunch to take to work even though I was running late and it would've been easier to just forget it and grab something fast at lunchtime. I find that if I can catch myself and stop and think about choices I'm making I can change these bad habits slowly but surely. Just gotta keep doing it over and over and I'm sure one day it will be automatic and second nature.

Nice job Cheryl and Peg on controlling the eating. It's so automatic to just keep on going without thinking about how you feel, isn't it? Good to be aware.

Welcome Mysti - good for you for getting extra rest!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Biked for one hour and will walk my two miles tonight. Feels great. My clothes are starting to hang on me a bit.

Overslept this morning so didn't get to the gym before work, HOWEVER, I packed my workout clothes so I WILL go right after work before I go home. Dinner can be a little late and the kids will not starve to death if they have to wait. My health is more important than an early dinner!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Took a great class this morning at 6am, got to work on time (for once!) and have a wonderful lunch I packed that is yummy and healthy. Last night I had to force myself to make my lunch because it was late but now I'm so glad I did!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

I made a healthy smoothie for breakfast, had a great workout this morning and pushed myself. I have a stressful day at work in store for me but I will just do what I can do, work through it, breathe and tomorrow will be better!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Jen I hope your day went well yesterday. I have worked hard to be OP this week and so far it's OK. The scale does not think so though. I got some advice from here and re read "Why the scale lies" and that helped. Honestly I know what I have eaten and how I have exercised all week and the scale will catch up with me sooner or later. The scale does not judge me. I do and I am not very easy on myself. I will be better.

I have been on the bike 6 out of 7 mornings at 5 am and this is a whole new me. Good for me.

On the bike now. Weight going down ever so slowly but honestly I KNOW what I am eating and how I am exercising and the weight WILL come off. Day off and I NEED IT!!

Peg - keep on doing the right things and you're absolutely correct that good things will follow! It's hard not to get hung up on a number but we all do it. I admire you for your dedication to that bike!

I have had a couple really stressful days at work and I have yet to fall into my old habits of finding whatever food might be in the vicinity and inhaling it in record time! I'm so happy that I'm not letting myself cope with stress by way of overeating. I'm staying OP. Period. No excuses.

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

So what ONE little thing have you done today to advance your cause?

Wow! Great question. I'm going on a four mile walk this morning. It's been over two weeks since I exercised.

:wave: ~*~ Amy

Yay, Amy! Way to get back into the excercise.

I had a challenging day food-wise yesterday. I am not going to dwell on it and I'm not going to let it bring me down. Moving forward and back on plan today!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

The sun came out yesterday afternoon so I went for a 50 min walk on the greenbelt along the river and it felt absolutely wonderful! Went to my circut class this morning and I feel full of energy today. Amazing what excercise does to my physical and mental health!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Today is my weight lifting day so I decided to kick it up a notch so I ran 5 flights of stairs 1/2 way through. I really tried to keep my heart rate up the whole time I was working out. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow but it felt great to push myself harder and sweat!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

I missed the bike for one day due to Passover and preparations but just did one hour. My friend is coming back from Boston so I will have her to walk with soon which is great when added to the bike. My food is fine but I did not go OP for Passover. I did really try and did fine but it could have been better. I forgave myself and moved on.

Good for all of us eh?

Peg

Hi, Peg! Good for you for just moving on... we can't all be perfect all the time! I have resolved to keep my eating in check on Easter but I'm not going to obsess about it and deprive myself.

Last night I put cottage cheese on my baked potato instead of butter. It was not bad. Not as tasty but it was good to try something new and I know it was better for me!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Got up, worked out, sweated a lot, ate scrambled egg whites and strawberries, drank a ton of water.... Off to a great start!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Hi Jen and great job on your part. I skipped the bike today. No guilt. I'm walking tonight and did two miles walking this morning to the mall.

PEG

I did my workouts, am journalling and am here. I have to try the cotage cheese on baked potato. Already feel better bc we have SUN, glorious sun.

Hi Cheryl - you're lucky you have sun! I'm jealous!

I will find time to work out today - it will probably be this evening after I've eaten and don't feel like it but I will do it!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

I drug myself out the door last night at 7pm to go for a 50 min walk/jog and I'm so very glad I did it! Got myself up this morning and did my weights and the stairs at the gym so I feel like I'm back on track after my little indulgences yesterday.

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Good for you Jen. I have been walking and riding the bike. Food going well even during Passover.