Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

My WI was horrible yesterday. I'm going to WI every day at home and really work this program. I really let it slip. Work early today. Will walk to the y after work and do the bike. No TV no lunch till I exercise.

Hi Esther and Peggy-

Glad to see you both.

Esther - I was going to say maybe do a little walking while at the surgery center? Good stress relief :)

Peggy - sounds like a good goal for your trip to New York! You will be fabulous!!

I am doing OK. Keeping things simple.

Have a great day.

I did do a bit of walking yesterday, but not enough to count. Did journal and did good on my eating though, so I felt good about that. Did a 15 minute walk today, need to ramp it up. Tomorrow plan on doing that first thing!

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

Esther. Work into it slowly. You'll be fine.

It rained so I bit the bullet. Changed my clothes after work. Went to the mall and fast walked 3.25 miles. It was glorious. I'll do that again. I rarely exercise on Thursdays. This is good for me. Really good.

Well it only garnered me 4 points on my Active Link. I consider that a rip off.

Peggy, that sounds like a lot more than 4 ap's to me!

I did my 30 minute laps this morning soon as I woke up. Will do more later, if I get all that laundry complete.

Esther

Good for you Esther. Keep it up. Me too. I did my Leslie Sansone Walking video for two miles. I bought a new one but prefer the old one. It's my usual for Fridays.

30 minutes today. Storm is on the way, hope that severe weather does not happen.

Esther

Doing good. Eating well and walking and working on positive attitude.

Peggy - I use those DVD' s too - they help a lot.

Esther - you had asked where I live. I am currently in the Midwest. I became a widow a few months ago after caring for my DH and also in hospice. I have a young child, so dealing with that too. I just got back on WW at the end of Nov.

I see Peggy is in CA -Esther, where are you located?

Have a great OP day!!

Cactus, I grew up in Texas, spent most of my adult life in California, til I remarried 20 years ago in my early 50's. He is from Louisiana, so this is where I have spent the happiest years of my life. Wonderful man. Sorry you have so much to deal with. You have done a great thing, getting back to ww, to take care of yourself.

Esther

Esther what part of California? Just walked 2.25 miles. Not fast. Tired. Long day at work. Good day though.

Peggy, Concord part of the time, Hayward after a divorce. Love love Ca! My sweet hubby is a country boy all the way, so here we are, in the middle of the woods in the South! lol And I love him enough to be happy here.

I see you do the fast walking???? Takes me about 22 to 23 minutes to do the one mile of our little mall. sure need to learn to speed up, but endurance will come as i keep it up.

Just did my 30 minute walk. Really need to get back on the wii, also. Maybe tomorrow will do both.

Esther

Esther I walk fast but could not call it actual fast walking. I have a long stride so cover a lot of territory quickly. I'm going out soon 7:15 to meet my friend to walk. I want to go to the mall but she's reluctant. I think my muscle memory has my tried and true route memorized. Not certain that's scientific but I liked the mall. Walking to the movies later today. Frankly my inclination is coffee and the NY times puzzle but I have to move. I'll save mall walking for Thursdays and Fridays.

did my 2.5 miles with a good friend. Good talking. Some tears. Good walk.

plus us walked to the movies and back. Good day. Should net me some good points.

Hello -

Hope you both are doing well. Had another good day, so I will just keep moving forward!

Went to my meeting, bike for 30 min and tracking too.

Not much sleep last night, but made myself do that 30 minutes. Journal filled out day by day all week. Can't go to wi tomorrow, but I know i did what I could to be healthy.

Esther

Chose not to walk this morning. Just had to get some ironing done, and that would not happen if I did a walk. Hubby is trying to push me to go to town this afternoon, so he can wrap presents with me being home. If I give in and go, will do a mall walk. Could just as easy hide here in the computer room while he does this!

Yes Peggy, we are all doing good. Yea!

Esther

Going walking in a few minutes. Off tomorrow thankfully. Will walk again. Merry Christmas to those who observe.

Good for you Peggy, for getting that walk in. I also want to wish a happy season to all that observe Christmas.

Esther

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all.

I'm sort of low today. No reason. Christmas is not my holiday. Kids both gone for the day. I have books and movies so will be fine. But I had planned food. Not horrible food but not program food either. This morning I woke up and wondered how hard would it be for me to follow program today? Not hard at all. I have to get over the feeling of deprivation. I eat well and all of what I do has a purpose and a plan.

So there you go. Today will be an OP day for me.

I am going to walk too.

I did my walk. 2.25 miles. Went well. Hopefully started my day off right. Making latkes today. That's a challenge.

Hope you both have a wonderful day.

Peggy - you are doing great -latkes sound wonderful!

Esther -enjoy your day!

Went for a walk this AM and making a small dinner for myself and the dog.