Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Since there are only 2 of us today I think I'll just make a few latkes. That way I can't over eat. That's smarter than I have acted in a long time. Lol.

Peggy, I think I will write that down and keep it in front of me for every occasion when I would plan to not eat healthy. Today is shot. Should have came on early and read what you said. "How hard would it be to eat healthy?"

Did my walk this morning, and that is the only healthy thing I have done all day! New day tomorrow.

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

Did my walk this morning. Going to town with hubby for his cataract followup, then a couple of errands. Changed our plans on where to have lunch after reading your post! We are going to McDonalds and I will have the ranch bacon salad, and take my l/f dressing with me. Hubby will have a salad also. Our plans are firm, today is a new day. I have my entire day in my head, now will go get it into my journal and not eat one bite that is not already written down.

Esther

Yay Esther. I'm at work today. 7 am-1. Will try to move around a lot today. Son for dinner and that cuts out exercise. Unless I can get him to walk with me. This center I am at today is great for me moving around. Lots to do and big parking lot I can do laps in.

Kept busy today as well - rain/snow mix so I walked the dog, then did the bike for 30 min and then later a walk/weights DVD...whew! It helps me sleep! Ate well and tracked!

Have a great day....

Drove down to the Mall and walked 2.9 miles. Was a trade off. The marble floors might not be good for my knees. But no cars, no sun in my face, no heat, just a nice big walk. Will do this on my days off.

Doing good, both of you! I chose not to walk today, knees giving me fits, so decided not to stress them today. Meals planned, and will stay on track, with it all in my journal.

Esther

Just trying to keep busy. Having one of those "poor me" days and playing games and reading a bit. One of those days where I have to make sure I eat enough! Seems unheard of, but they happen every once in a while.

Hope you both are well.

Work all day today. Early. Might walk after work. Usually don't but might give it a try not break my streak.

Did 15 minutes today. Have a lot to do today, so will get lots of movement in. Will do my journal here for the day soon, and stick with what I write down.

Esther

I worked today till 12 and then walked to a great park right there in Santa Monica. Lovely path but too hot 83 and too much direct sun. I did one lap but had to go back to my car. I'll mall walk tomorrow morning. That will be good. My eating has been horrible. I have to work seriously on that immediately!

Just walked 2.6 something miles. Alone. Radio my companion. Cold and windy. No sun. My sort of morning. I've not missed a day of exercise in about 9 days.

Pool opens at the Y today so I'm dressed and ready to go. 4 am. Pool opens at 5! My knees are very unhappy missing the pool.

Good luck at the pool Peggy! That is what I need, but just can't make that drive to town often enough to justify the membership. Used to, before gas got so stinking hight!

Did my 30 minutes this morning, and will do my wii later if my knees don't start yelling. Journal and eating been right on target.

Esther

Darn pool was closed again. Chemical problems. Did the bike. Pool tomorrow hopefully. I needed the warm water.

I am working on trying to figure out how to get back on the buddy board since it kicked me off a few weeks ago. Wish me luck!

Alissa I think you need a certain number of posts.

Going walking with a friend soon. One meeting today. Home tomorrow. I'm not doing well food wise. This has to be the day. Right now. Immediately. My exercise has been consistent so I have that on my side.

Happy Healthy New Year to everyone. Admin thanks for making me a sticky!

Yes, I was very glad to see this thread a sticky!

Peggy, you will get the eating under control. We had the intro to the new simple start today, are you doing that? I haven't tried to focus on the simply filling foods since core. That was not successful for me. Never could find my "satisfied" point. But think I will try this one this week, just to see how I handle it.

Went to town early enough to do the mall walk. Took 33 minutes to do that one mile! How sad, but I was pretty much just shuffling when I got back to the entrance I went in. Main thing is, I did it!!!!

Esther

I'm going to Simple Start in the morning after a glass of wine tonight. Happy New Year Esther! And everyone who follows!

Walked to the YMCA to find it closed. Walked home. Will walk again tonight. I am going to drink more water in 2014. I hardly drink any at all. I made a lovely quinoa pilaf just now with mushrooms and roasted butternut squash. All power foods so it fits in with simple start. There is so much I have to do to turn my weight around again. I'm up for this challenge.

On my way to the Y Pool. All packed for work. Incredible amount of preparation to go from pool to work.