Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

I weighed myself for the first time in well over a year, even when at Dr.'s I would ask them not to tell me! Well, I'm 32 pounds over goal, figured I was up about that much.

I reached lifetime in July 2003 and was on track for the most part until 2011. At my recent physical, my cholesterol and blood sugar up quite a bit since checked in 2004. WAKE-UP call.

Started WW a year before my 40th birthday. Just turned 50 and ready to get back on track to a healthier me : )

Sheryl

Good for you Sheryl!

I did my walk Monday, but yesterday was a day of pain, but today is better and have most of it in. Need to do a bit more. Gained on simple start, so will try again this week, only measure my portions, and eat only that. I will do this for me!

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

On my way to the YMCA. It's harder today since I have to be at work at 6:30 but I packed my clothes and my breakfast. All prepared. The pool calls to me.

Our YMCA had a coupon to try the y free for a week I went today to try a class.boy am I out of shape but feel good going . Hope everyone is well.

Nancy

You'll love the YMCA. I'm off today and have dinner guests. Will walk as soon as it's a bit lighter out there.

did my walk yesterday, but today decided to take a day off. Back at it tomorrow. Wish I lived in town rather than the woods. Would go to the y for swimming - or rather water walking since I don't know how to swim. Used to drive to town to do that, but not since gas has gotten so high.

Esther

Peggy, trees are pretty, but so many water moccasins around that I don't walk outside.

Did my 30 minutes this morning. Walked out to get the paper. Snow is still so pretty, but know it will be gone by tonight.

Esther

Although the temp was in the low teens this morning, I got up and went to my meeting. I was down another .2 making it a total of 8 lbs in 4 weeks. :-)

11-09-14 Restarted this journey! SW 245.0

got up early, so walk is done.

WTG country gal. That is too cold for me!

Peggy - I agree!

Esther

I now have 25 OP days strung together- I did it by being 100% accountable, I write every bite, every minute of exercise, and I weigh myself every Sunday morning. I just bought scales 2 weeks ago, so I don't know how much I started at but in 2 weeks I am down 5.5 lbs.

Going walking with a friend. Skipped the y. Headache. Yesterday I saw the cardiologist. He told me Research shows that prople who swim have a tendency to gain weight rather than lose!!! I asked him where was he 2 years ago when I started swimming. I agreed. I'm going back to the bike.

Who Knew Peggy???? So many people with arthritis swim for exercise because walking hurts too bad.

Skipped walking yesterday. Will get up and do my walk when I get off the board this morning.

Esther

I'm going back to basics. Exercise and strict portion control. Started yesterday. Going back to the bike too. YMCA bike for a while till I maybe sell my horrible bike and get a different one. It was so easy for me to lose 133 why not 25? This I will do.

I went to my senior aerobics class and the instructor was out sick so did the treadmill. Time flew by talking to some friendly ladies. It was-12 this morning. It is amazing how much energy I have after going. Hope everyone stays warm

Nancy

Wow how did you even leave the house at -12? That's brave.

I'm on my way to the YMCA. Doing the bike today.

Nancy, -12! I think we are suffering at 19 this morning, certainly won't get out the door at all today! You deserve a bravo!

Peggy, you are so motivated, the basics will work for you.

Did most of my walk. Had to stop, but will finish up the last ten minutes when my knees settle down.

Esther

I did the bike at the YMCA for 50 minutes. And walked to the movies and back. Attended a meeting. Lost one lb since my last WI thankfully.

Early work day for me but I will mall walk after work at 10 am. Gotta keep up my streak.

Good loss Peggy!!

Our meeting was cancelled this week, due to bad driving conditions.

Did my 30 minutes this morning, and will try to get more in later today.

Esther

I did 2 mall miles and am going out for at least another mile soon. Will take tomorrow off from exercise maybe. Sleep in. Will walk at night if my friend is available. I'm on a tear to get into a lower decade of weight. I've watched portions carefully. We are meeting the kids for dinner. My son and I have figured out our order and plan to share. Have not done that yet. Interesting. Not much desire to snack but then again the food is mostly gone. LOL!