Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

I don't eat that much protein, but I read over and over that protein helps curb hunger, provides satiety.

I have had extreme hunger today. I was working in the recovery room all day, so I had some saltines and graham crackers to work through the hunger. (waste of points that add up fast) But, I am still within my DPA, and I plan to keep it that way, but boy am I hungry. :bcb_huh:

I used to get like this before I'd have a nice loss, but I don't know...

I told my DH how hungry I have been today and the first thing he said it that I am probably going to have a loss. I hope that's true. In the meantime. I have to work through this hunger.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Protein is the answer. It's so low in points now. But I know I have to feel really "low" in order to see a loss. I get this empty feeling and I always lose that week.

You a nurse? I am but haven't worked as a nurse in forever.

Peg - my "one thing" today is reading your inspiration post thread - and adding to it!

"I know the drill, but doing it is another story."

Boy did you hit the nail on the head with that one, Peg!

SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Hi SUSAN.

Did my walk. Food will be fine. Plenty of good choices already made. I lost so much last week I can only hope to maintain this week. That alone is a miracle. I just have to get used to not much change in the number. Seemingly nothing to work for but really maintenance is a gigantic goal to work every day for.

Walked twice. Managed 13K steps today all good. Taking advantage good weather. Not too much sun. Nice breeze. WI tomorrow.

Read Duroc's thread about putting it all in perspective below. Another great reminder.

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Good maintenance weigh in. Down .6. Nice nice meeting where they celebrated me getting back to goal. Gosh that's enough to keep me at goal! LOL. not exercising today. Feel kind of crappy. Walk tomorrow morning with friend.

Yay Peg! :bcb_up

I just WI Monday, but I'm moving to Friday for WI day. Down .5 My efforts are NOT pleasing me on the scale. I keep reminding myself that it's a 4 day weigh in...

I am OP, I will continue to march forward. I WILL get back to goal.:salut

Trudie

I went off the rails yesterday. It was sort of planned. I'm back OP today. Book club here pot luck tonight. I'm making the protein so I'll be fine. Not tempted by their desserts.

Walking soon.

Book club pot luck here last night. I ate smart. Walking soon.

did 2 miles with Adele in my ears. Will walk again tonight. Feels great.

Got my 10K steps in quote by accident. Did 2 miles but ran a lot of errands and did the car thing. Parked it far away and walked all over. These steps add up! Food going fine avoiding snacking. Over did it a bit yesterday. Not badly though. Tracked it all. Wore a new top today. Size small unheard of. EVERYONE commented. It was wonderful.

Eating is good. Scale hitting a new decade of lower numbers unofficially. Hoping its not a fluke.

11,700 + steps. Most I've had in some time.

Nice Wearing a small Peg.

Trudie

Trudie! Great steps!

I'm working my program. Walking. Eating well. Tracking.

Back from work. I'm tired and cold. Ate lunch. NCIS on. I could sit here and watch the episode in which Kate dies AGAIN or I could go do my 2 miles. I'd better walk.

I was so afraid to weigh in At home even though I did well all week. Weight stable. Thanks to me and all my hard work. Luckily I'm not doing anything I wouldn't do to maintain. Nothing excessive. Use it while I have it.

I gained 1.2. I planned to maintain or lose. I wracked my mind and late yesterday I gnawed on some leftover chicken with salt. The points were fine but the salt? I did drink a lot of water and got up 3 times during the night. So I'm done worrying about it. I thought about not buying my traditional treat after weigh in for tonight but I found a lower point sorbet so will enjoy 1/2 cup tonight with berries and limoncello. All tracked and counted. I won't punish myself because I did everything right.

I remain OP.

I feel your pain Peg. I am less than satisfied with my weigh in, down 0.3 but that does not at all match the efforts of my week. I took a peek at the scale mid week and I was down nicely and into a new set of numbers, that is no longer the case. But like you, I did nothing wrong, I was following program and doing well. I must get over it and just continue on my journey.

This is my third or fourth week on the Smart points program, I will do another week of the smart points program, and then reevaluate. I have told myself this before, but 30 points is just TOO many for me to lose weight at a normal rate. At the rate I'm going It will take a long time to get back to my personal goal weight. I am just not that patient!:bcb_wink3

Trudie

I shock myself. I had a good week but gained. Got angry. Ate sort of badly yesterday but not great and not great today. I have to kick this into gear. Unfortunately the list of foods I cannot be around gets longer and longer. This is no way to live a life and expect to maintain. Or I buy it thinking I can control and I cannot. Or I think that magical TOMORROW will be the answer. I tossed the last spoonful of sorbet. I should be done for the day. I hope so anyway. Walking soon. I'm ashamed of this behavior. I teach members to not be ashamed just accept it and act on it but I'm ashamed. More angry at myself.