Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Ate so badly last night. Sugar again got away with me. I have to learn to not eat anything like that in the first place. Bike one hour yesterday and today. Doing fine food wise today.

Glad you got right back on track today. It's all part of the journey...

OP day. Scale not really showing my efforts. I am pleased with my strong OP week. I plan to WI tomorrow.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Nice loss. Work shows upmsooner or later.

Walking. Bike. Food going well. Ate badly Friday. Points wise I was fine but soy soy hidden. Sick yesterday. Manageable but sick.

Food will be banner today and rest of week. I've learned my lesson.

Doing much better food wise. I seem to be able to have a bad moment and rein it right in for the next meal. I'm quite pleased. Made amazing bone broth in my new pressure cooker. It's healthy and filling. Assures me a good week.

How is everyone doing?

MP? Trudie?

Great Peg, reigning it back it can be a challenge for me, but I do much better with it.

Food OP yesterday and Great so far today.

Trudie

Sorry I have been MIA...been busy with a sickness and then a death in the family. I have been trying to stay focused on this program, but have gained 5 lbs. during the last two months. My exercise has come to a stop and I must get moving again. Back to tracking as well.

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Eating and planning are going well. Scale is so stubborn despite my efforts. I will do official WI tomorrow.

Trudie

I wi Today. Went fine. Middle number stable. Nice meeting. Food and exercise going well. Very pleased.

My WI this week did not go well. I am having problems focusing on the program. Today is my second weekly meeting....maybe I'll find some inspiration to help me get back on track with my eating, exercising, hydrating, etc. Again, sorry I have been MIA...

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Yes. I bought pretzels but my husband bought a truckload of candy. I'm taking the leftovers to my WW meeting Friday where the leader has a friend who packages it up for the armed forces. I'll have to let my husband save a selection for himself. I'm ok without it. I made real popcorn last night. Ate it all. Planned it though.

Bike soon.

I put all that candy in a small shopping bag and went down to DHs store (he works at Home Depot) and did some handouts and then left the bag there. Saved some at home for him...and 2 miniature Butterfingers for me. I also bought individual bags of pretzels, skinny popcorn and veggie chips. Anyone ringing the door bell will have to be satisfied with those!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I have been having such slow progress on smart points, despite my strong on program efforts. I'm extremely frustrated, feel like I have no choice but go back to the old points program. At the rate I'm going, it will take me over a year to get back to My goal.

I am not out anything trying...

Today will be an program day.

Nice to see you back MT

Trudie

Trudie that's so odd because people have done so well on smart points. How about posting a days worth of food. Let's take a look. Or show your tracker to your leader.

Breakfast: 100 cal greek yogurt, with 2 T Quaker granola, 1 cup of blueberries

or steep cut oats and a cup of blueberries

Lunch: Turkey sandwich w/mustard on 45 cal bread, WW tomato basil soup (0 points, but I counted as 1 point-theres one 12 oz can of v-8 in the whole pot of soup)

Snack: a piece of fruit, raw veggies with a wedge of laughing cow cheese (1 point) or light sting cheese for 1 point

Dinner: varies a lot...

might be one cup of spaghetti with a lower point sauce made with 93/7 lean ground turkey and a veggie

or a 4 oz lean ground turkey burger, sometimes no bun, but then have baked FF, usually 5 points for baked fries. Occasionally a garden salad with light Olive garden dressing (dunk fork in the dressing)

or 2 cups of chili, or one cup of chili and a turkey sandwich

tomato basil soup and BLT using 2 pieces of thin bacon and blotted well, no mayo

Or BLT and baked FF

Evening snacks a 2-3 times a week I have popcorn that I pop in the microwave with 1 tsp EVOO and about 2 T popcorn seeds

possibly fruit usually have 3 fruits a day

raw veggies with a LC wedge

2 Dove dark chic pieces once a week, twice at the very most

If I am hungry in the evening but have used most of my points, I've been having a cup of WW tomato basil soup

I have been getting water in most days

Saturday morning breakfast at different. Usually 3 slices of thin slices bacon and 1 egg with 2 egg whites and coffee

I hope this helps, this is how I have been eating most recently

Trudie

I think you need more protein. That's always an answer. Plus it's so low in points it's easy to add more. I might consider boiling a few eggs and adding one when you eat a carb. I know it's gross but a protein with a carb is a good idea. Or just snack on a few egg whites.

Oscar Meyer bacon is 2 SP For four strips. You can have more bacon feels sinful but it's really ok.

Maybe worth a try? I use a lot of deli turkey as a snack. 2-3 oz at a time. Or actually smoked salmon. 1-2 oz at a time also.

Thanks Peg for taking a look. I agree on the protein. I need to make a conscious effort to add more. I see the eggs in the fridge and tell myself I should boil some up, then don't think about it again. I do like to wrap some turkey deli meat around string cheese too.

Good tip on the OM bacon. I love bacon! Only 2 SP for 4 strips? I usually buy the Black Label by Hormel and I believe it's 2 slices for 3 points. I did stop eating the thick bacon that I was buying. I will have to give the Oscar Meyer a try.

Thanks again Peg, I appreciate it! I just hate to think the slowness is related to my age...though that could be the culprit.

Trudie

Actually it is hormel black label. I buy the microwave one sucked up 4. Pieces in plastic. No clean up.

Thanks Peg. DH and I both like the Black Label real well.

Fabulous OP day, including more protein. I have a few points left, so maybe popcorn later.

Trudie

10K steps on the Fitbit and I ran 20 minutes non stop on the treadmill. I'm very excited about being able to do that.

Trudie

Still have not focused yet on this program until this morning. Decided that I would make my goals small for now...being OP from one meal to the next. Also am trying smaller meals during the day...my Saturday leader calls them eating episodes. I had 1/2 cup of Wallaby 0% yogurt with crumbled graham crackers before my WW meeting and haircut this morning. I am now having a sunny side up egg with a piece of light toast. I want to plan the rest of my day like that so I don't end up snacking on everything I see in between meals. Let's see how this works!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif