Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

We are all working the program. I MARCHED. Six miles yesterday. Food wasn't great but today will be great.

I am working the program 100%, I was craving BBQ and coleslaw, I used spices and sugar free BBQ sauce, and Smart Beat zero fat 'mayo' for the coleslaw. I have what I like, I tell myself I can have whatever I want as long as I count it and keep my points under my daily allotment. I even had points for a single micro-brew beer. I am seeing the scale go down daily, i do weigh every day to keep myself focused and accountable. I am hoping the scale reflects the hard work I have done this week.

LADIES- WE GOT THIS!!!:exercise2:exercise2:exercise::exercise:

:workout:

Ann

working from home today, but keeping food the same, I have to make up some single serve lasagnes for the fridge and cook some chicken, I am doing what I need for success CRITAL: Plan, Prep, Perfect!

Ann

Those were "THUMBS UP" for everyone in my last post....sorry!

It has been really windy and rainy here yesterday and today. I think I will stay in today. Trying for another POP week...today is planned...just need to track and stick to plan!

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I'm a slug and I ate the house yesterday. Just bad habits rearing their ugly heads. I'm walking soon. Busy day so I'll be fine today. Trying to be honest.

I am sick as heck here, saw a friend on Sat and after she had hugged me and we handed things back and forth she said she has an awful cold. so i now have it, started with headache, constant sneezing, one side congested and one side drippy. so annoyed. I have weigh in tonight, I will use my hand sanitizer as I don't want to infect anyone else. I just want to take a nap

Ann

Sorry. That's an awful cold going around. It relapses too so be careful.

I'm going to be absent for a few days. Things going on. Please keep this going while I'm gone. We all need the caring and support.

too much snow sleet and freezing rain last night, did not go to Weigh in, if I can get there Sat morning I can weigh in then. Been 100% on track, I don't know when I could say I have been 100% OP all year! only once have I dipped into my 42 weekly points and it was only 1 point. I track every bite. I really just want to see my hardwork show up on the official scale.

Peg, take care we will try to hold down the fort.

Ann

Annie - my weigh in was this morning...I was so good sticking POP this week that I did not expect the scale to spit at me today! 1 lb. up. Right back to it when I came home for breakfast. I will not be derailed!

Peg - how are you feeling?

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

MT I know how dissapointing that is, I have periods where I am up not 1 lb but 3 or 4 when I have been 100% OP, it is so upsettting, Deep down we both know it isn't 'weight' body fat, or a true gain, but, water, extra glycogen stored in the liver( every extra carb is stored with 3 to 4 times its weight in water) also the amount of undigested food in your system remember your large intestine is about 5 feet long and 3 inches in diameter, that can hold a LOT of undigested food. and I really know that knowing this doesn't make us feel any better.

it does mean that if you stick with it, you should see a nice number next week-again not much comfort now.

hang in there girl you got this.

I plan to go on Sat for my missed weigh in, my scales show nice loss, but they dont always show it at WW

Ann

Good morning

Peg- I hope you ok. you are missed.

MT-I face the metal monster tomorrow. I am hoping for a loss, according to my scale I am down around 4, but as you mentioned my scale doesn't agree with WW,

I will also be weighing in at 9 am and not 5pm, worried I will have a big loss tomorrow then show a again on Tuesday, oh how awful to play these scale games in my head

Ann

I think you might have just coined a phrase Annie..."Scale Games". But it is true. I have my leader calling the scale "The Metal MONSTER". Here when I move my scale to different spots in my bathroom, I get different readings.

I always...always weigh in before breakfast. That's why I go to the early meeting. Two many factors come into play later on in the day....most importantly...lunch, snacks and dinner!

Hey Peg...where are you? Hope all is well!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I just weighed in 'I AM DOWN 5,4 LBS'!!bs Total Jan loss is 9.4 lbs, I would love to be down another .6 for my tuesday weigh in to hit 10 lbs. but I will take staying the same. I did play a scale game, my own scale had me down around 4 so I kept my shoes on,so I can still hopefully have a loss on Tuesday, I know that is crazy, but it is what I needed to do. My Tuesday meeting is 5pm so I will have had breakfast and lunch too

Ann

I'm here. I'm sorry. Drama going on. I'm well.

Not op at all but hope to be after tonight.

Wow on the losses. Lol on keeping your shoes on Annie. I work a Tuesday night meeting and it's tough but the second weigh in you're back. KWIM? Week one might be up from 2 meals but week 2 will show the difference. That said I'd never weigh in even with a sip of water in me. We are who we are right? I'm going to suggest the shoe idea.

Bad habits creeping in and I'm letting them. It's up to me as is everything else in my life. I'm either going to stay strong and stick to my guns it I'm going to be weak. I choose strong. I choose proud.

Peg, glad to see you back. I have been spot on, and I am going to strive for this feeling to last and carry me home, I feel so in control, all these years i have been 'doing it on my own" and going up and down and up. Joining was the best thing I could have done, i have my lifetime key somewhere in the garage, when I got one they were about 6 inches long, I should look for it and hang up where I can see it. I thought I was joining just for the accountability of having someone else weigh me, I never intended to follow the new program. Well lo and behold I am doing it and I am finding it so easy to stick with. knock on wood. I don't mind eating essentially the same breakfast day after day. I love fruits and veggies so finding snacks that are 0 point, has made all the difference to me. Preparing ahead for 3-5 days foodwise is critical for me. i made single serve lasagnes last night for the week, knowing all day that is my dinner along with my choice of veggie, keeps me from thinking about 'other' things, so I find it very easy to have what has been planned and if I need a little something,my fridge is full of fruit and veggies already cut up.

If you make it easy, it is easy.

Ann

MT, put it behind you and move forward doing better.

I was down another 1.6. 4 week total is 11 lbs down, never expected this, feeling very strong, and determined

Ann

I went back to meditation today after skipping five days unintentionally. I also reached out to my leader for help getting back on track. I think I'm on the correct path to success.