Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Peg glad to hear you are doing what you need to do for you. way to go

I have taken my January success and reveled in it for the evening, ate very sensibly( although the inner brat likes to put bad ideas in my head. 1. I sometimes have it already planned to eat bad because I am either celebrating a loss or wallowing in a gain, Stop the madness. I celebrated by having a VERY sensible dinner, today I start a fresh new week and a new month, can't sit on my laurels, I have to work hard to have another celebration next week. 2. I always crosses my mind as I step off the scale at WW that if "I'm gonna go off program, this is the time to do it, I have all week to make up for it" so silly to indulge for 10 mins then spend the entire week trying to undo it. I did the math, so not worth it,

:workout:

Ann

Peg - glad you are back on track!

Annie - I have that same "inner brat" that tries to talk me into things. This was one of our topics at today's meeting...where I gained .4 of a lb. at weigh in. After my Sunday/Monday food explosion I thought it would be worse.

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I am going to DBF house this weekend, he asked for a menu and shopping list so I can stay OP. We have great healthy superbowl snacks planned. We always get in a lot of steps as the one thing I asked was for him to keep me moving. Going to be cold on Sat and Sun, high of low 20's going to be tough to do 2 hour hikes, my dog has problems with his feet freezing if temps are low. And he hates booties, but he may have to suck it up.

Ann

I weighed in and it was awful. I'm sure it's a lot of salt which I'm craving. But there's a lot of food there too.

I'm tracking and will track honestly. I have to cut back on the wine and rice cakes. Sheesh. Rice cakes how pitiful.

My home life and family life and work life are great.

There's drama elsewhere and frankly I'm MUCH better than that. I'm letting it go. It's safer for me. My very wise daughter says "Mom. Protect your heart" and I'm doing exactly that.

So while I protect my heart I'm tracking and getting back to more walking. Few days of restrictions coming up but after that I'm moving. I won't be treating myself with food. It gets me nowhere but fat.

Thanks for being here. Mutual support is everything it's cracked up to be.

Peg

First off good for you for going in and weighing knowing it wasn't going to be pleasant. Next you are tracking and say you will track HONESTY, great job for facing the music and OWNING it.

Ok wine and rice cakes, you know you aren't nourishing your body or more importantly your heart. Give it up for the rest of the month, cold turkey/.

The drama isn't your family or your job, so drop it like a dirty rag, don't get involved, don't become invested.

I challenge you to make a menu for the next 7 days, everything on the list has to nourish your body, from that check your cupboard and fridge and make a shopping list. then carry it through, do the prep for several days, and follow your plan. I do want you to treat yourself for every day you are OP, it could be 10 minutes of YOU time, a facial, write a letter to yourself telling yourself how you did and how you feel about it.

Ann

Annie you are correct.

Right now I have chicken in the oven and chicken in the pressure cooker. I'm making chicken salad, and diced chicken for the broth I'm defrosting. I've got carrots for the broth too.

My daughter will be with me all day Monday, I'm having cataract surgery, and I'll have to have food for us. So this will fill the bill.

I've got good lettuce and cucumbers for salads. And tomatoes. Turkey, tomatoes and rice cakes (thins) for sandwiches. I think I'm set. Oh. Apples. And a nice pork and apple recipe I'll make tomorrow. That'll be a bit high in points but I'll measure my portions and be fine with it. I can freeze half once it's done.

I so very much appreciate the SUPPORT..Leader today said we spend so much time supporting other people we never get around to being nice to ourselves.

Rice cakes and wine do not count as food plus there's no pleasure or nutrition in either. Well there's that nice buzz from the wine but that always worried me with the alcohol problems all on my mother's side. I'll eliminate wine for a week and when I add it back it'll be 4 oz three nights a week. That's manageable. But not depriving.

Peg - sending healing {{{vibes}}} for Monday. Your daughter is a great support for you. Her advice is a good one. So is Annie's advice to make a plan...and you did that! My Saturday leader taught us a phrase to use..."after me, you come first!"...now I never say it out loud, but I've said it many times to myself when I am bombarded with requests. Please take care.

Annie - good advice to Peg (and for everyone!). Making a weekly plan, and then a shopping list from that plan has helped me tremendously in this journey!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Thanks friends. I appreciate the support. Monday should be a breeze. Food went well yesterday. Today should be mindful. Will try to walk after work.

good afternoon,

had a great SB weekend, watching our team come from way behind and win in OT. Food was planned, and went well, light breakfast and lunch, with a snacky dinner that we stretched out over the game, Weigh in tomorrow, I have been 100% OP but I never have confidence that the scale will show it, kind of ruins what should be good anticipation, oh well, does not matter what the scale says, i have been OP and will continue to be OP

Peg, you sound like you are in a good place,

MT sounds like you too, had a 'controled' superbowl

Ann

Annie - everything was planned out and tracked Saturday night for Sunday. Same as you, light breakfast and lunch, 1/4 of an Amy's Pizza, and some snacks things all spread out of the course of the game. I did not get my Blue Dot for the day, but I was proud that it was all tracked and had some weeklies to spend. Weigh in is Wednesday morning.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Today I faced the scale, I owned the numbers, I now have an OP day on the books.

The struggle is real!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Trudie-good for you, I too hate to face it when I know it is going to be unfavorable. What is that saying ?" Nothing can be changed until it is faced"

MT-what is a blue dot?? makes me think of the old flash cubes when I hear that phrase.

Peg you had a great plan? Are you working it ? Do you have a plan for the rest of the week? and if you can read this, how did the cataract surgery go ?

Weigh in tonight, have sleet and freezing rain forecast for this afternoon and my meeting is a 12 mile drive, after a 23 mile drive home from work.

Ann

Morning. Cataract surgery went fine yesterday. Will be OP today. Rain. Can't do bike till I get permission.

Peg - Glad it went well for you! {{{HUGS}}}

Trudie - Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and face that metal monster! Good for you!

Annie - In my meeting we are having a Blue Dot challenge...if you are on the WW app, go to Your Journey (or where the weight graph is) and scroll down to the bottom. There is a calendar where they give you a blue dot for every day that you track within your point range. For January I was only missing 3 Blue Dots. This month I am missing only one so far...Super Bowl Sunday.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

OP day.

MT~thanks and good job on the Blue Dots!!

Peg~glad your cataract surgery went well. Nice thing about it is fast results.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I got on the scale to assess yesterday

I will be OP today

I will plan for tomorrow.

Ann

I got on the scale today and didn't pass out. I'm close enough to goal to be legal at my WI on Friday. Eye healing nicely. Eye drops 4X a day. One burns like heck. But I persevere. I had LensCrafters take the lens out of the left eyeglass so I can have nice far Vision. I wanted help making that decision. Far vision or plain vision but I was really on my own. I usually don't second guess myself. Glad I did it.

Food going fine. I cooked a ton of chicken again today for the week ahead. Makes me happy.

Be well friends. .

I am staying accountable, and weighing myself every morning, seeing it trend down, up and down by half a lb but continuing down,,

Ann

Down 2.4 lbs. this week. Keeping on track. Here on Long Island it was almost 60 yesterday...today We are expecting 12-16 inches of snow!?

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif