Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Esther I have the Charge HR fitbit and if I go to the dashboard, there is a place I can add a walk or steps and it shows on my wrist band fitbit. I hate doing stuff and not getting credit for it. I tell myself that my body counts it but I want to see the steps and get the buzzing when I hit my steps. I bought the wii with sports resort and did the tennis, which I suck at, and a few other games. then I went to Lukie games and bought a used wii fit games disk and balance board, both just like new for 30.00. I like the running, I am terrible at the kung fu one, I get bonked on the head for not doing it correctly, I tried the wing flapping one where you have to land on a deck, always end up in the water. and the one where you have the obstacle course and have to cross areas and bridges. Never get to the 3rd thing, I am in the water. But it is movement and that is what matters. I just wish I did better! I do like the running ones,

:workout:

Ann

I was down 1.8 lbs. today. Let's keep it rolling another week! And we will be rewarded with "another smile on the scale" next week!

Esther - never got to Wii today. I was suppose to be home all day crafting and then my dear sister called. Out to lunch and shopping and never got home until 4. I will try again tomorrow! You must get your mind set before going back to program...baby steps. I have been attending meetings since 2006. Now that I am retired I attend 2 meetings a week. It helps keep me focused and OP.

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Karen, great job, you go girl, lets keep these weigh ins on the downward slope!

Ann

Annie, I have the charge, but the box does not say hr. I will have to explore the site when I have time. Have not even gotten half thru with the taxes. That month in Houston while hubby was in the hospital really thru me off my routine. Will get it done thou.

No loss on my scales, but I still got on the wii today. Tried to do some balance. What a comical sight. Used to be so very good on the balance board but could not ever get even 2 balls in the pocket. But I still did the run a couple of times, even after being gone most of the day to the doctors. I will get this done!!!

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

Esther, I am so glad my grand kids can't see me on that darn board trying to do some of those games they sure would laugh. I do find it fun to do some of the silly games, they cause me to move, and I get so aggravated when i lose that i just have to play again. I had my taxes done middle of Jan and got my refund on Jan 27th, no state taxes in NH, and mine are quite simple so it took me no time to get the information and efile with direct deposit.

Ann

We have both had spinal surgeries, and doing the bowling sets us up for the pain again. I did love it when we could play with that. My nsv yesterday is that I did my 30 minutes without stopping. Have not been able to do that for a long time. My eating was very good, but still up another 1/2 pound. That makes a gain of 4 pounds this week, for no reason. I have Lasix, but the doctor told me not to take them unless I had a 5 pound gain overnight. but I did one this morning. I have not had eating splurges to cause that, so I don't know. I WILL not get discouraged.

Esther

it is so frustrating when the scale goes up for no reason, I tell myself there is no way that I gained 4 lbs of fat in a short time, it has to be water, I drink more water to try and flush it out , but it can be hard not to go off program as revenge, a revenge where you not only don't win, but you lose twice

Ann

I know exactly how you feel. Knowing how vigilant you have been all week, you step on that scale with enthusiasm but the numbers slap you in the face! Stay the course! Going off program only makes this journey longer!

Haven't gotten to that Wii yet!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Took yesterday off the wii. But did focus on the water. I fail at that, a lot! But am working on it again today. Will get on the wii this afternoon, after the nurse comes and then goes. Weekly blood draw from hubby. At least they come here, so we don't have to go wait in a lab somewhere.

Esther

I really need to get in gear and do some exercise that makes me break a sweat, I know it would jump start the weight loss, I messed up on Tuesday, had a melt down over my snow blower breaking down before I could clear out my driveway. We got 25-30 inches plus 4 ft drifts. I am plowed out, my SB is being fixed, and I made a YOU turn and am back on track. that is all I can do, will not let a slip cause me to go back down the slippery slope, I will catch my breath, get on my feet, dust myself off and continue the journey.

Esther, you inspire me with your wii workouts, i need to take it from here and JUST DO IT!!

Ann

I had a rough week....cooped up in the house since Tuesday because of snow and ice. Eating was out of control for 2 days. Didn't make it to my weigh-in meeting on Wednesday, but now have to WI at tomorrow's meeting. I'm afraid of the number that will pop up on that scale! I've been doing so well since the beginning of the year. Still shaking my head about the last 2 days!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Karen I understand just how you feel, been off and on for me some days, did't weigh in on Tuesday and now wont get there on Sat. Please go, face it, own it, fix it, move on,

Ann

Thanks Annie. I am definitely going tomorrow despite the forecast for more snow. Hubby will drive me there. Back on track today..OP, tracked and it was a Blue Dot day. We have to keep focused on this journey!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I am going to weigh in shortly, I am dreading it, I would be thrilled to stay the same! I feel like I have wasted the entire month, so I am back on track and gonna continue my journey after this brief but backwards taking detour.

Ann

Weighing in this morning...I don't expect much of a loss since I just weighed in on Saturday. But Annie you are right....what ever the scale says, we just have to get back to the program and keep trying.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

you bet, we cannot let one ( or 100) slips stop us from our journey, I had some great days and some not so great days, equaled out to no loss but no gain, OMG that is maintenance, 'normal' weight people lose and gain 2-10 lbs all the time, but they do it without trying, their bodies tell them to cut back because they have overdone and it works.

we don't have that automatic adjustment knob, we have to push in the clutch and grind it into the right gear.

I feel renewed and ready for the next battle here, at my age, this has to be my year to pull it all together.

Ann

Up 1 lb. today.

Going away for the weekend. I will not be tracking but will try to make as many wise choices as possible.

Stay the course Annie, you will be successful.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Karen, you faced it and owned it, you have to do the best you can. I am renewed in my enthusiasm, I had been severely lacking. Once the honeymoon phase where you lose consistently is over and it becomes hard work, I struggle, but I had a blip, got over it and I am back on track. This is the best I can do, I am not perfect, but I am doing what I can. Scale is starting so go down a few .1's each day, want to blast into new numbers, will take almost 3 lbs, so I am working it. Did a wii run Tuesday and today, just did other wii workouts Monday and Wed, I don't want to injure my foot again. when better weather comes I should be able to get in my 5 miles a day again. I sure loved making my fitbit buzz with success when I hit it,

Enjoy your time away,

Ann

Thanks Annie.

I have been getting sloppy with the program and my tracking. Only cheating myself. Will be making wise choices this weekend. I will, however, be vigilant not militant.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Hello all, so from some days i was thinking to star eat healthy and full of vitamins food such a diferent salads and stuff, so i keep doing that and i feel better!

I have a plan, always a success when I have a good plan and follow it through, today I will be making 2 different meals and freezing in portions, I will also prep for tonight, and I am going to play around with carrots to see if I can make a crispy baked fry with them.

Karen, enjoy the weekend

Ann

I executed my plan, I have 11 meals ready to go, 9 are in the freezer. this morning I made a big salad for lunch which should last the week. I also cut up the small watermelon I bought and put it into a bowl, so it too is ready to eat.

cold here and windy, but we just walked a mile.

Ann