Health Discovery Network
Peg541

What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Great plan...great execution! We are heading home today. It was a horrible eating weekend. I am glad to be getting back to planning and preparing my own meals tomorrow!

Stay steady!

Stay the course!

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I have been using those sugar free popcisles to keep me from worse things, bought 2 boxes tonight after dog class, wiegh in is tomorrow, I am hoping the low number I saw this morning shows itself tomorrow

:workout:

Ann

Those SF popsicles are good. I get them once in awhile also. Had fun this weekend, but did not enjoy getting on the scale this morning. I have decided to WI at my Saturday meeting instead of tomorrow's meeting. I will give myself a few days to get back down to where I was last Saturday...which still was 1 lb. up! Sending skinny {{{VIBES}}} for your WI tonight.

Stay steady!

Stay the course!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I was worried about the weigh in because I went off on Friday night, but I have persevered, been op and did my wii run 4 days in a row, and walked more'. I was thrilled to be down 2 lbs!

Ann

Thanks Karen, I am encouraged and ready to rock next week's weigh in. Losing weight for me isn't easy, I am over 60, I work in an office, and I feel like I tend to be lazy. Exercise is great for us but I read that losing wieght is 80% food intake and 20% exercise-doesn't everything fall into the 80/20 rule?? LOL

I am successful when I : Make a list with a menu for the week, use that to develop a shopping list, Take a couple hours to prep salads for lunches, and meals to freeze for dinners. My breakfast every day is 1/2 C egg beaters, I might cook 3 slices of uncured turkey bacon, save 2 to put on my salad, and have one with breakfast. if not the bacon, then chicken sausage, or low fat cheese, Breakfast is 3-6 points, I pack at least 2 fruits with my lunch salad and fat free dressing, raw veggies too, Lunch is 3-6 points, Dinner is 3 oz of protein, I like boneless skinless chicken breast but I do eat beef once per week, sometimes I have a stir fry, otherwise I will usually have a whole bag of frozen veggies or the same amount of fresh with dinner. Dinner can be 6-9 points. I occasionally have sandwich thins with breakfast or for a sandwich. I need to avoid carbs-they trigger hunger and can cause me to go off program. I will fill in my points with yogurt, glass of wine, cheese stick, etc, I struggle at times, and sometimes I lose the struggle, I know what foods I can't have in the house, I am setting a goal of 3 miles per day until we can get our morning and evening walks back in and then we will go back up to 5.

Karen good luck on staying OP this week, you can do this

Ann

Annie....you sound just like me. Every week I sit down on Friday night and plan my meals for the week. From there I make up my grocery list. When I was teaching (retired at 63, 2 years ago) I would do my shopping on Saturday and spend the rest of the weekend cooking for the week. Now I cook everyday since retired. I plan out all my dinners and lunches and make sure I always have enough breakfast food in the house. I keep bags of Western bagelettes in the freezer, always have hot and cold cereal and of course bacon and eggs are always available. My latest breakfast favorite is Overnight Chia Pudding with fruit. I want to try Overnight Oatmeal also. For me it is trying to make this plan as easy as possible.

i did not weigh in today, but checked in because I wanted my "Spring" charm, however when I told the weigher that I would WI on Saturday she told me I couldn't. That if I wanted to do that I should not have checked in today. Unbelievable!

Stay steady!

Stay the course!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I see my PCP Dr this am, been 2 years, not looking forward to this.

Ann

it went very well, she is really pleased with my weight loss, she loves WW, sent me for bloodwork after my exam so I won't get those results for a couple of weeks. She gave me some exercises for range of motion for my shoulder, as I have some pain, weigh in tonight. I think I have done well, but I stopped tracking on Sat, got to start back today, it is an important tool for me

Ann

Tracking is important for me also. It causes me (most of the time) to put the brakes on my eating. I like pre-planning my whole day. Most of the time I stick to my pre-planning but some times I have to adjust my day. My diabetes doctor was very happy with my weight loss and said if I continue with this progress she would see about reducing my 'scripts. My last blood work came in with good results. My A1c was down to 6.4. I don't see her until June, so I hope my next set of results are just as good or better. Let me know how your WI was tonight. Mine is tomorrow and I am going to WI and own the number on the scale. I am still trying to lose the weekend vacation weight gain. How come it goes on so fast and comes off so slow? My problem...we are going away again this weekend!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I was down .4, I worked so hard, i almost went off program -I realize i have used food to soothe as well as to celebrate-hey light bulb moment here!!!

i came home and made a nice dinner, I will keep working hard and it will show up next week.

My father developed diabetes in his 60's, when he was 4 his father died of kidney disease from diabetes and my brother has it. I have been seeing my fasting glucose rising the last 2 years so I am holding my breath it has gone the other way. I had blood drawn on Monday, don't know how long it will take to get results.

Karen you are right about sticking with it to lower the scripts, losing weight is the number one thing they recommend then eating right and exercising. I feel so fortunate that I take zero meds, I do take OTC vitamins, but that is it and how I want to keep it, good luck tonight.

going away is tough, how about bringing some low point snacks so you don't grab something bad if starving ? and tea bags, instant oatmeal ??

Ann

The problem with taking breakfast food with me on vacation is that dear hubby loves going out to eat. When it is a longer vacation I do bring things with me because we eat breakfast in the hotel and it is easy to stay OP for breakfast. I gained 1.2 lbs this morning at WI which has me scratching my head. Except for Saturday, I was OP since last Tuesday! I was frustrated after WI and did not track today. My sister made banana bread and I had 2 slices (with butter!).

I'm hoping to keep in touch while away. Continue the good fight!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Karen, it is tough when we need to eat out, here are a couple of ideas to help-bring along some little containers of fruit, low point protein bars, apples,maybe having that before you go out will make it easier to chose a lower point breakfast. Packets of instant soup can help before eating out for lunch and dinners, sometimes a cheese stick can give me enough to make a better decision, I wish you luck this weekend,

I have double downed my efforts on the wii, and I did a fast 10 minute free run after dinner. that was a first.

Ann

Annie....some good ideas. I never thought of the packets of soup. We take a Keurig with us, so we always have hot water. I just have to make better choices when going out to eat while away. But that easier said than done.

Keep up the great work on your Wii, Annie. You are doing good!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I have packed cans of premixed diet shakes, like slim fast and atkins, I find them to be awfully filling and having one just before going out to eat helps me to make better choices, another one is to pick what you want from an online menu, write it down, and do not even look at the menu, ask hubby to not mention what is on the menu and you order first. I think it is entirely fair to ask him to help you make good choices, to gently remind you of what you planned to order, and not to offer you a taste of his dinner. good luck this weekend, stay strong,

Ann

I have stayed strong inspite of going away for the weekend, I have actually been on the low side of my points all week, and exercise has been very good, I am feeling successful.

Ann

the hard work paid off with a 2.8 lb loss last night at WW. that loss was worth the wine, the bread, the junk food, and the unecessary foods I passed by. It was worth the effort to do my wii runs, it was worth the time I used to walk outside, to take the stairs, to take the long way around. Sometimes in spite of our best efforts the scale doesn't show it, we have to continue those best efforts and if we do, we will see it on the scale. the confidence I have in myself, the satisfaction with my choices are worth so much more than a lower number on the scale.

Ann

Great work Annie!

Me? Well, I am back OP, tracking and hydrating. Vacation could have been worse food wise and the scale was not kind to me this morning. But, I am proud that I stepped on the scale and owned the 4.2 lb. gain. No more vacations for awhile now.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Karen, good for you, vacations, events, all happen to all of us. Thin people go on vacation and gain weight too, lucky for many their bodies self regulate and they eat less without effort or awareness and they are back to their normal weight. We don't have that luck. you enjoyed vacation and you should , life should not be without it's rewards, but as you said, you own it. Weight that goes on that quickly is lost relatively fast with some effort, you got this.

I equate this journey with some of my road trips- I want to get there as quickly as possible, sometimes I get stuck in slow heavy traffic and I just have to settle in, stay the course and I will get there, sometimes slower than I would like, but I arrive at my destination, sometimes I hit roadblocks, detours, or just stop to see something. it is all good because in the end, I am back on the road and headed in the right direction. Rarely am I in such a hurry that i will pass up the opportunity to pull over and watch a moose, knowing it will delay my arrival time. Life is too good not to be enjoyed, as long as we know the consequences, accept them, and keep moving ahead.

Ann

I was down 1.6, thought it should have been more, but I will take it and keep working it!!

Ann

since I ate things at Easter I never do-home made pasta, with rich sauce, a slice of bread, a piece of pie, wine... DBF suggested I skip, but I said no, I will face the music, and I am glad I did, I felt that since I had been so stellar for the 6 other days, that I could occasionally have a day like that, I ate very light 4 days prior knowing it could get ugly, I am the kind of person that if I let myself off the hook once, I would just stop going completely.

Ann

I think that is what happened to me...I let myself off the hook and now I can't get back on track. Yesterday I was good and tracked through breakfast. Today I made it through lunch. I have high hopes for tomorrow.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif