Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
MindPumice

When the restaurant doesn't list the nutritional value for that ONE item?

I am only a few days in so I know it comes with a learning curve. But this one really stumps me. Last night my husband and I hit a drive through (I know, I know!) but we were stuck in Friday traffic and were about an hour from home with two screaming children. I decided that I would use this as my opportunity to make good choices (or -- better choices).

So we went to McDonalds and I figured I would tally in the points later. I knew their nutritional information was listed online. So I decided on the Santa Fe Chicken Wrap with Chargrilled Chicken. (I figured it had to be the lesser of the evils).

So I get home and decide to plug in my points and low and behold -- its not even listed on their website!:bcb_huh: Do I chaulk it up as a bad night? How do I factor that in, point-wise? The vegetables and chicken I can pretty much gauge an idea -- but the sauce? :bcb_down

Any insight would be appreciated!

ETA: Sorry, I am not sure if this goes here (a question) or in FOOD OR POINT issues? :bcb_confu

Allison, 27.

Breastfeeding Counselor

210/204/129

VV00m5.png

If there is no NI info available you will need to find a similar product to compare or break down the ingredients and rebuild the recipie to calculate the values.

I googled Santa Fe Chicken Wrap and found Chilies Resturant informaton and store brands Togo and Perdue.

Good luck

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

For the majority of it, it's easy to break down. But the sauce is the killer! I guess I could compare the sauce to maybe one of their dressings that are of the like?

Allison, 27.

Breastfeeding Counselor

210/204/129

VV00m5.png

I always take the advice of my old football coach when I hurt myself on the field...

Walk it off.

Don't put a lot of stress on yourself. Stress is the real enemy. Get 30 minutes of exercise in and forgive yourself.

Exercise is a stress reliever, hunger supressent, calorie burner and activeity point earner... Win, win, win, win....:bcb_up

Next time simply look before you leap.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

I am only a few days in so I know it comes with a learning curve. But this one really stumps me. Last night my husband and I hit a drive through (I know, I know!) but we were stuck in Friday traffic and were about an hour from home with two screaming children. I decided that I would use this as my opportunity to make good choices (or -- better choices).

So we went to McDonalds and I figured I would tally in the points later. I knew their nutritional information was listed online. So I decided on the Santa Fe Chicken Wrap with Chargrilled Chicken. (I figured it had to be the lesser of the evils).

So I get home and decide to plug in my points and low and behold -- its not even listed on their website!:bcb_huh: Do I chaulk it up as a bad night? How do I factor that in, point-wise? The vegetables and chicken I can pretty much gauge an idea -- but the sauce? :bcb_down

Any insight would be appreciated!

ETA: Sorry, I am not sure if this goes here (a question) or in FOOD OR POINT issues? :bcb_confu

I sorta got caught in the same trap this morning, MP -- guesstimated on a restaurant breakfast.

I'm taking CW's suggestion -- the doggie and I are off to walk it off.

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Mahatma Gandhi