Health Discovery Network
Becca.T

Torn Calf Muscle

I tore my calf muscle last Thursday. No physical activity for 6 to 8 weeks!!!!! What? :bcb_huh:

I'm able to do abdominal and upper body work only. This will be a challenge. No C25K? No "Body Attack" class? Oh man.

How do you lose weight without cardio?

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

Becca - so, so, sorry, to hear about your injury. But, you do have to let that heal. Is swiming an option? If not, maybe try something using an yoga/exercise ball for twenty minutes or so where you don't use your legs?

Becca - I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I just went through the reverse. I pulled my biceps tendon. I had been working really hard to develop upper body strength (probably a little too hard, hence the injury.) You can't rush it. You must let it heal. And when you go back, you must go slow.

SuperBowl gave some good ideas. I hope something works for you. Focus on what you can work on to keep yourself in the routine of exercising. I've been reading a lot about yoga. It does strengthen your core. It would help prevent future injuries. Maybe the next 6 to 8 weeks is a good time to try it.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Thank you for the suggestions! No, a swimming pool isn't an option, but I can check out some yoga DVD's from the library!

I definitely don't want to rush my healing along. I never want a torn muscle ever again. So painful!!!

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

I broke my foot last winter skiing and I thought I would gain lots cuz I always had to do exercise to lose. But I had access to my YMCA swimming pool and did a lot of my exercise in the pool - at first only swimming with my upper body. I also became an anal retentive tracker and really tracked what I was eating so I could stay within my pt range w/o my usual activity pts.

Came through it good, took the time to heal up and do all the mandated PT.

Best of luck.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)