Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
crescentbeachzoo

Popcorn

I just really can't figure this one out--can someone explain it to me?

When I look up popcorn, my Food Companion (Points+) says: "plain, air-popped, 3 cups" equals 2 points. Then "reduced-fat (94% fat-free), microwave-popped, 5 cups" equals 1 point.

When I air-pop popcorn, I would think there is NO fat... if there is, where does it come from? I have checked the WW web site that has the corrections for the book, and this doesn't show up as an error in the book.

Any explanations? Thanks!

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

And this is what I got from etools ,,, there are so many different sizes, methods, etc. Etools says the reduced-fat style one you mentioned is higher than you posted, but still pretty comparable to airpopped overall. There were a bunch of brand name values in etools too - Jolly time has some flavors I've never seen before! Marshmallow flavored?

Food, serving size PointsPlus values

Popcorn, light, butter-flavored, popped , 3 cup(s) 3

Popcorn, light, caramel-coated, popped , 3 cup(s) 9

Popcorn, light, cheese-flavored, popped , 3 cup(s) 4

Popcorn, light, microwave-popped , 3 cup(s) 2

Popcorn, light, plain, popped , 3 cup(s) 3

Popcorn, movie, without butter , 3 cup(s) 4

Popcorn, plain, air-popped , 3 cup(s) 2

Popcorn, plain, microwave-popped , 3 cup(s) 3

Popcorn, plain, oil-popped , 3 cup(s) 4

Popcorn, plain, popped, packaged , 3 cup(s) 4

Popcorn, reduced-fat (94% fat free), microwave-popped , 5 cup(s) 3

Popcorn, buttered, popped , 3 cup(s) 6

Popcorn, butter-flavored, popped , 3 cup(s) 4

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Thanks, Barb. I'm going to treat that "1" in my Food Companion book as an error. Clearly, I can't eat a bucket of the stuff and think I'm getting away for "almost free."

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

This came up at my meeting, and I laughed, because I had been making the jokes about it here, remembering the very old threads where we drove ourselves crazy, and even the Leader was frantically trying to figure it out. "Popcorn: The answer which will always elude us." Anyway, I had my BB on me, and I went to the popcorn page on the WW site and read her the info to repeat to the group and she just had me read it off. Popcorn is a favorite with everybody - as well as everybody's favorite dilemma!

-------------------------------------------------

To love another person is to see the face of G/d

-------------------------------------------------

Gay/Lesbian Issues

http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues