Health Discovery Network
youngfrankenstein

Starting C25K today.

Thanks Super Bowl and Quinny! I completed W1D1 last night, and it was great! It was so beautiful outside and I was doing the program while going around a lake, the wind was blowing, it was really nice! I kept thinking, how lucky am I that I can do this? It's a great feeling!

Quinny - I was just like you when I first started this last year, nobody could wipe a smile off of my face. I couldn't believe that it was me actually running. Keep up the great work!

Completed W2D1 this morning. 48 degrees outside and perfect for running.

Karla: Way to go on doing day 1.

Quinny: I am smiling right along with you!!!

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

W2D2 completed this morning. Feeling good!!!

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Superbowl - you know you have found your groove when "you are itching" to get out for a run. Enjoy!

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

Oh no - wishing you a fast recovery.

weight.png

Finished Week 2 this morning on the treadmill as it is pouring buckets here and I just cannot stand to run in the rain.

Healing vibes for Super Bowl.

Just finished day 1 of week 6, I even managed a small hill in my last 5 minute interval. It is always nice to come here and post the accomplishment.

Sheri - nice job with week 2.

Superbowl - hope the knee is doing ok.

weight.png

Day 1 of Week 3 done on the treadmill this morning. Wishing the rain would stop so that I can run outside.

Good job Quinny

Week 3 completed this morning. Outside even. Beautiful morning for a run.

Nice Sheri!

Haven't run here since I hurt my knee. Did work my legs last night in the gym for the first time since I hurt it.

It's better - but not all the way there.

Pouring rain here today. Hope it lets up. Maybe I will try and run tonight after dinner if it does.

I have lost my umph this week with c25k. I am very tired - DS broke his wrist over the weekend and I have been up many nights with him since he seems to have trouble sleeping through the night. Headed to the gym today but I think I will do eliptical. I know the best remedy to is to "just do it" and run. I just want my mojo back. There is always something and I dont want to be a person who always has excuses. Just thought posting here and acknowledging it might help me get back on track.

weight.png

Never mind that rant. After reading my sappy post I got out there and did day 2 of week 6. I guess it helps to write what we are thinking down - sorry for the downer. I feel much better. I never regret a workout - must keep that in mind when I am feeling like that.

weight.png

Quinny - way to hang in there and get it done! And, sorry to hear about wrist.

It's been 2 weeks since I last ran (knee). Finally wanted to try it today - and we have a major storm here. And, Friday/Sat/Sun are packed for me. Maybe next Monday? Yikes!

Thanks Superbowl. Probably good that you have to wait until Monday to run. I would think a few more days of knee rest would be good. Have a great weekend!

weight.png