Health Discovery Network
nsxbill

Light Cheesecake

Sounding good yum cheese cake got to get this recipe. :D

Starting weight:<br /><br />Week 1# 11/6 /03 weighted 235.8 <br />Week 5# 12/2/03 231 <br />Week 6# 12/11/03 231<br />Week 7# 12/18/03 231<br />Week 8# 12/25/03 no meeting!<br />Week 9# 1/1/04 no meeting!<br />Week 10# <br /><br /><br /> A Fridge Picker Wears Big Sneakers !

I tried this receipe this week and it was delicious. We can not get FF creamed cheese so I used the light and made it into 12 little ones in a muffin tin. I also put a very small amount of sf raspberry jam on top to give it a little flavor and it was fantastic. I am glad that I gave 10 of the 12 away other wise they would have been too tempting in my house.

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a

Making this for DH's B-day tomorrow. He loved it before and since he has recently begun watching his weight, I thought it would be a good sub for cake.

Cherie-Making changes to last a lifetime.

HELP!!!

I went to the supermarket to buy the ingredients and all they had was the packets of splenda. I am going to use sugar, but make it crustless and put it in muffing tins making 12 servings. How many points is it? Please help!!! I don't have a mastercook and don't even know what one is. Thanks

Jackie

215/194.6/165/140

I think I'll try this one in a muffin tin, and maybe add a spoonful of No Sugar Added Pie Filling as a topper.

Thanks! smile.gif

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"

Guest raidermom

Ooooh Char! Thanks for that bump, I'm in a cheesecake mood myself! crazy.gif

Well, this is the one I ended up making to take to my Dad's house for dinner. I topped it with the Knause's "Lucky Leaf" Splenda-sweetened cherry pie filling. It was quite good!

I made it in a 9" pie plate, and 1/4 cup of the crumbs was plenty. I also used low-fat chocolate grahams because that's what I had in the house, and I thought it would be a good combo with the cherry pie filling. It was!

I can see all kinds of flavor possibilities with this recipe, especially if I get busy with some of my DV syrups.... ;)

Char

I wanted to post my version (run through mastercook), because I DID get two points per serving. I had to enter my own information for the fat free sour cream, and the fat free cream cheese. Maybe it depends which brand you are using? I used "Daisy" brand f/f sour cream (20 calories for 2 tbls) and the store brand of F/F cream cheese. There were no "unknown" items excluded. I'm going to try this one.

Geneva

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheese Cake (Reduced Calorie)

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

16 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese

1/2 cup Sugar

1 Tbsp Flour

1/2 cup Fat Free Sour Cream

3 egg whites

1 tsp Vanilla

Oven preheat to 325 degrees. Spray pie pan or plate with Pam or similar spray. Cover bottom of pan with crumbs evenly. Beat in separate bowl cream cheese, sugar and flour. Beat in sour cream, egg whites and vanilla. Pour mixture into pie pan. Bake 40 minutes. Cool in refrigerator three hours or more. Makes 8 (2 pt) servings.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 82 Calories; 1g Fat (5.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 53mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Geneva

Guest WCFD52

OMG - All I can say is I wish I would have found this recipe 2 years ago. I don't know how I missed it, but now that I have tried it - I will not lose it - EVER!! This is wonderful and even passed the DH test. If you like cheesecake and you haven't made this yet - you must try it. I put a can of the Comstock Light Cherry Pie Filling on top and called it 3 points per slice - can't beat that with a stick!! Thank you Bill thumbup.gif .

OK I'll stop raving now before you all think I am obsessed with food or something :rolleyes: .

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

Thanks for the heads up Shannon on our 30's board!! I'm going to try this one this week!! We just ordered a cheesecake from my DD's school and it was way overboard on the points!!

Barb :D

Picturetrail

Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"

Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"

Peter Gabriel

Guest badgurl

I ran across the Reduced Fat Crust already made its 2 pts per serving. Now I have to figure out the cheesecake part points. I may just use the grahm crackers.

Another from the 30's board here to take a look :D . Yummy!! I'll be making it this weekend.

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

We have a frozen brand of mixed berries here (Triple Berry Blend/Costco) that I use for alot of things. I let a cup of these sit in a bowl with a bit of Splenda on them until they are almost defrosted but still a little icy. I put them on top of my slice of cheesecake with a little FF whipped topping and it is absolutely sinful!!

Robyn

O ne<br />U nplanned<br />C hoice<br />H urts<br /><br />Pre WW Loss 12 lbs<br />WW Start 11/11/02<br />WW loss to date 65.2 lbs<br />Loss this week -0.4 lbs<br />Total loss to date 77.2 lbs

Bumping up for Easter! Thanks for the heads up on this one Shannon!

~ Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

Guest shihtzuX2

I make a great lime cheesecake from a similar recipe I got off the 3 fat chicks' site and modified.

Instead of the sour cream, I toss in a container of Splenda-sweetened key lime yogurt, 1/4 cup of FRESH lime juice and a couple of teaspoons of grated lime zest. Fresh lime juice makes it a bit tart and tasty (the bottled stuff will work in a pinch but fresh juice really makes the flavor sing).

:bcbsalute Bumpin this up again! Shewwie! I thought it was lost! It is to die for! :bcbsalute

xoxoxoxo

Sal:exercise2

~~IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN~~

WE HAVE MORE POWER WITHIN US, THAN ANYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS OVER US!

Highest weight:202(1993)

Start weight #1:193.4(1996)

Start weight #2:169.6(2/00)

Goal:1/18/03(136 lbs)

Lifetime:3/1/03

CW:162.6

PG:128

Bumping Up!!! I made this last night, and my husband went nuts over it, great taste, and I used the spenda.:bcb_bravo

Judy in Nevada " A Proud Mom of a U.S. Sailor"

SW 190.6 started 2-3-06

WW Goal 150.0 (40.0 lost) :wave: Made on 9-26-06

CW 148.2 02-24-07

Lifetime 11-7-06

I buy the strawberries frozen with splenda in them already. Could you use that to put on top of it?

Sorry, new here, I'll have to check everything to death.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

HALLELUJAH- low point cheesecake that people actually love!!! :headover: :headover: :headover: I just can't wait for the weekend, when I'll actually have time to get the ingredients and try this. THANK YOU Buddies for sharing! :salut

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I buy the strawberries frozen with splenda in them already. Could you use that to put on top of it?

Sorry, new here, I'll have to check everything to death.

Sure, as long as it's just strawberries and Splenda it shouldn't be a problem.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Everyone needs to check the points for their ingrediants.

1/2 c. sugar alone is 387 calories =8pts

16 oz of FF cream cheese is =480 calories =10 pts that's 2 pts a slice without adding sour cream, graham crackers, egg whites ect.

Just beware.:bcb_smile

Phyllis

Highest Wgt 255.5 July 7, 2006 :bcb_mad2

Restart Wgt 231.5 Sept. 29 2008:bcb_blush

Current Wgt 231.5 :bcb_blush

Goal wgt 140:bcb_up

I just ran it through MC using Splenda and it works out to 95 calories, 1g fat, trace fiber per serving with 8 servings which works out to 2 points!

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW