Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl XLI

WW Recipes Instructions

My wife always says that the WW recipes are wrong. She says that they never tell you to cook/bake something long enough or that the servings provided information is off. Like, if it says it makes 30 cookies, it really makes 24. Or, if it says to bake something for an hour, it's not done completely after an hour. Anyone else notice this/find the same issue?

I haven't had that trouble with baking times.

Serving sizes, is part of my problem to begin with!! LOL. What *I* think one cookie is, is *two* to others (who are often not challenged weight wise!)

Seriously that is a warning with many recipes - you have to be sure you are cutting the meatloaf, portioning the casserole, dishing the soup into the right number of servings/cups, etc. It sounds like in your example, the size of cookie that your wife is making is larger than what the recipe suggests. She needs to either decrease the size of the cookie, or repoint it with the right number of servings for the portions she' preparing.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Barb - thanks. It's not the size on her end. Trust me. When she makes the cookies, they're small - much smaller than how big a quarter is, and a little bigger than a dime. And, yet, it still only makes 24 and not 30.

I haven't had that problem too much. The cooking time thing could be about your oven possibly. My oven is just on the hot side so either I need to lower the temp or cook a little shorter for most recipes.

Find great WW recipes at http://www.slenderkitchen.com (my ww leader started it)

I haven't had any trouble, but I never take baking time to be an absolute. I've had it vary on the same cookies in the same oven before... found that out after I tried noting the times I used on Christmas cookie recipes last year only to burn them or have them be too soft this year. Haha.

Shelly

SW: 199.0

CW: 172.2

GW: 150