Health Discovery Network
LillieG

What does a Weight Watcher do in a blizzard?

The snow kind, not the one from DQ. They are predicting 12 inches of snow for us in Central Illinois tomorrow. I know everyone on the east coast is yawning, but that is our biggest storm of the season, if it materializes! So what does a WW'er do. I always liked making cookies in the past, but that is too tempting now. Shoveling snow would be a good one. I guess I could even use the time to put away my Christmas decorations (!) Any ideas? How many points are earned making snow angels?

I love to sip chai tea. Less points than hot chocolate but still creamy and delicious.

If my husband stays home from work I use the day as an opportunity to do all of my cleaning in one day. When the kiddo gets older I will love to take her out and play in the snow!

Shelly

SW: 199.0

CW: 172.2

GW: 150

I love to use the time to experiment with low point recipes. Make some meals for the rest of the week or make a time consuming WW friendly recipe. I also agree with Shelly on sipping tea, and add in munching on popcorn and watching a good movie. Definitely earn some APs playing in the snow. Putting away Christmas Decorations or getting some other big project out of the way is good too. Since I gogogogogo all the time, I like to do nothing. :-)

~ Christyn ~

CW - 217.6 - 4/4/11

Loss: - 10

Visit my blog!: http://lifeisnotasprint.com

Stock up ahead of time and make some zero Point soup .... Stock up on your WW essentials ahead of time (fresh fruit, veggies, low fat dip options, etc - whatever you use to keep you OP). I have a gazelle that I use for exercise indoors ... Snowball fight ... shoveling ... make some "me" time - like a nice hot bubble bath, deep conditioning your hair, do your nails, read a book that you haven't had time to read, get some movies (ahead of time) that you've wanted to see, but haven't been able to find the time ... Write up weight loss goals, your successes, your challenges ... Hot tea, SF/FF hot cocoa ... lots of stuff!!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Oh I'd be shovelling my deck and walkway every few hours to stay ahead of it. No no baked goods period! You know what will happen. Prep all your veggies, search internet for good recipes using what you have in the freezer. Shop online winter sales:)

Boots /coats/ insulated pants are at great prices.

Shovel out from the snow, sled ride with kids, play some Wii Fit games and then snuggle in for a movie and hot coffee/tea, while I've got some chilli cooking on the stove. :)

Lynda :jump_jack

SW: 247(11/01/10)

CW: 235.5

GW: 145

so Lillie I did prep veggies raw turnips and red peppers, made a zucchini cassarole and am running the dishwasher in case of power outage. I was tempted to make crustless pumpkin pie and its really good but I thought of what I wrote this morning...see it helps to post. Kind of makes you committed to talk the talk, walk the walk.