Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Diggle

I Have a Friend

No, seriously, I do. :) The one I've mentioned who was my impetus for doing meetings instead of just online to get the new program.

She is finding that she is thinking about food more (good) but wanting it more (bad) than she did before she started.

I do what I am able to encourage her, but I've never been in her position.

Like tonight she didn't write down dinner because she felt she'd "blown" it. No, it wasn't the best choice, but it was well within the points she had left. (General Tsao Chicken) Where she was feeling bad was it was a lot of food at once, filled with Sodium (bloat!), and a lot of carbs (sugar rush/drop).

She understands that objectively, and I'll say, "So, even if the WI doesn't go well tomorrow, because you're bloated, the fact that you stayed OP will show up next week, possibly two-fold - just keep on doing it!"

She even made herself exercise after not feeling like it, and changed what she was going to eat when she was done so as "not to waste the exercise and blow it."

(She had been planning a fast food burger, but had something at home instead.)

So, she's doing the right things, and insists she'll keep on doing it, but she has a defeatist attitude. "I just know I'm going to show a weight gain."

Not sure what else I can do other than to continue to encourage her and give her little tips and tricks I've accumulated over my 51 years of dieting. ;)

Help please, folks? How did those of you who felt like she does get over your mental hump?

Thanks in advance.

Deborah

-------------------------------------------------

To love another person is to see the face of G/d

Gay/Lesbian Issues

http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

I tended to look/track weight trends over time. Weight fluctuations occur for seeminly no reason at all, so I made me a graph that showed by weight gains and losses. Now that I am on maintenance my goal wt is a straight line on the graph and my weigh in numbers are (happily) bouncing up and down below my lifetime goal weight.

Your are right in your encouragement - slips and lapses are a part of life and this program is a lifestyle change that pays big benefits in the long run.

My addictive personality talks to me and expects the change now - immediately. But my real life and soul says different and whispers to do easy does it - good things come to those who don't quit.

Life is good. . .

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

Thanks, Mt_Native_Man.....

Tonight is our meeting. I'm crossing my fingers for her - we all get so addicted to the numbers. Even I think about the WI although I know I'm losing steadily so how silly that the number tonight matters more than the number this morning or tomorrow night, etc.

I believe that once she sees longer term progress, over a month or so, she'll have a better mindset. I dread her first plateau though!

I keep encouraging her to come here and post/read - so far she hasn't done so. When she finally does, pretend you don't already know all about her, please.;)

Deborah

To love another person is to see the face of G/d

Gay/Lesbian Issues

http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

This week's meeting topic is about just this so I hope she goes. With a talented leader it can be quite a motivator.