Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
LegalEagle

1 POINT APPLE COBBLER

This is something I make quite often - it's quick, low in points and quite satisfying when everyone at the table in chowing down on dessert I can't have.

By the way - I found this recipe at

Homestead.com/ww_wayne/MemberRecipe_MockApple.html

1/2 cup applesauce(unsweetened)

1 package of splenda

1/8 tsp. cinnamon

2 tsps. graham cracker crumbs(I use reduced fat, of course)

2-T. fat free cool whip

Mix the Splenda and cinnamon into the applesauce, sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over it. Microwave on High - 50 seconds. Top with Cool Whip.

It really seems to good to be only 1-point.

Does anyone think it might really be 2-points??

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

smile.gif Thanks EagleLegal, this was really good. No Way can it be 2 points. ! point it is. Thanks for sharing.

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

Guest SuzyQ99

This is such a yummy treat! I have a jar of unsweetened applesauce w/ cinamon already added from Trader Joe's and this will give me a great way to make good use of it! Thanks!

Well let's see here - generically speaking, of course, THE BOOK says that 1 CUP of unsweetened applesauce is 1 point, and 2 TABLESPOONS of graham cracker crumbs is 1 point - so with the amounts this recipe calls for, I'd say 1 point would be about right! :D

Sounds good, and I'm gonna try it after lunch!

Char

Thanks Char, I am naturally suspicious of anything that tastes & looks this good for only 1=P.

Dawna

P.S. how goes the battle with the bread machine?

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hey Dawna--

Well, at your suggestion, I did call Zojirushi and a nice helpful fellow walked me through some things to try - actually he seemed a little perplexed because I told him that I had already run my own experiment, using the "Manual" cycle and just skipping the "preheat" and it worked perfectly!

He said then it wouldn't be the belts or the electronics, but to try putting 2 cups of water into the bread pan and run it through the cycle again...and ya know what? IT WORKED THIS TIME!! :eek: My DH says that maybe running it on the manual cycle somehow reset the PROM that runs the rest of the electronics - I dunno - I just know - IT WORKS AGAIN! :D

In the meanwhile, it's kind of a moot point, because I scaled that bread recipe to make a 2 pound bunch of dough and then split it between two loaf pans and baked it in the oven! So I got 2 loaves out of it, about 33 slices, and I think I have a "2 slices = 1 point" version! crazy.gif Can ya beat that with a stick? And no holes in the bottoms either!

So I'm not sure which way I'll be using it, but at least I know I CAN and I'm certainly grateful to YOU for helping me out, girlfriend! kiss.gif

Char

Good morning Char, I'm glad that worked out for you. $150 is a lot of "dough" (sorry, couldn't resist,not enough coffee in me yet), for something that goes wrong after such a short time.

I am making your eggplant this weekend. I will let you know how everyone likes it.

Did you order a catalogue from KA yet? That place just knocks me out.

BTW, when you use your ABM do you remove the paddles after the dough has finished kneading, reshape the loaf, and place it back in the ABM pan? This is something that makes the paddle holes barely noticeable, and gives the bread a much better shape.

Have a great Saturday &

drink your water!

Dawna

Dawna

YOU DA BOMB GIRL! I am gonna try that with taking the paddles out. Do you know how many minutes into the full cycle it is safe to do that?

I didn't see on the KA site where to order their catalog? I may have just missed it. I do know that Trader Joe's carries 2 varieties of their flours so I am going to buy them the next time I'm at TJ's.

I'll be waiting to hear on the eggplant! We sure do like it that way. I halved one and put it on the BBQ last weekend with the filet mignon strip and DH wouldn't eat it. He will ONLY eat it if I do the oven roast thing! :rolleyes: Same with Brussels sprouts - he won't touch 'em with a 10 foot fork unless I oven roast those little puppies.

I'm a good girl when it comes to water consumption because I have grown to LOVE my water - but thanks for the reminder, it's time to go get a glass!

Hugs and thanks for ALL your great help - I told my DH you are the Zo Guru! kiss.gif

Char

Oh my I love 1 pt treats!! Thanks- can't wait to try this!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest CherylM

I made this one last week, and DH even liked it!! The graham crumbs totally make it as far as I'm concerned....How could you not like it for 1 point???? :D

Even the kids will enjoy this one!!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Hey Dawna wave.gif I have a great big jar of applesauce that I bought to make All Bran Muffins with that I never got around to,so maybe now I can use it for this desert. Although, judging by the size jar that I bought, I'll be making alot of apple cobbler :eek: I don't know why I do that......

JeanetteSki

Another "Yummy" way to get to eat my favorite, Cool Whip. Lol :D

Lile<br />Lifetime - "75" Model<br />One Proud "Okie"<br /><br />"Don't Tell God how big the Storm is, Tell the "storm" how "Big" your "GOD" is."<br /><br />"EMPTY STOMACH/EMPTY HEART"<br />(It's not what you're eating, but what is "Eating" you.)

Jeanetteski, I have one of those "large" jars also. Don't know why I do that....Oh well, I use applesauce in so many recipes as a sub. for oil.

Hugs,

Dawna

Guest raidermom

I tried this last night and it was a great treat!

DH kept peering over into my bowl.......I know he was smelling that delicious aroma of apple pie. No......I didn't offer him a bite. :D

Guest AngelaJ

I made this today but with sliced peaches. Very Yummy!

I made this dessert and loved it! It was so good that I couldn't hardly believe it is a one point dessert. Thanks for posting the recipe!!!

Crystal<br />sw-204<br />cw-204<br>gw-159

recommitted lifetimer

This sounds so yummy! I have to give it a try....perhaps this evening!! smile.gif

Elaine

Thanks for posting this recipe, LegalEagle!!! It is now one of my favorites!

It really tastes like apple cobbler. YUM...

J

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Guest raidermom

Watch the fiber content on Mott's unsweetened applesauce. It's only 1, compared with most others at 2 grams. It really only makes a difference if you double this recipe....1 cup would be 1.6 points (that's if you counted the applesauce as 1 point per cup as the WW book says). Not a major difference, but I thought I'd share with you fellow "half-pointers"! ;)

I ALWAYS double this recipe, it's soooooo good! :D

Hi, Ok....I know I'm shameless, but I was cruising around here looking for something good and low point to make for dessert, and I rediscovered this nifty little dessert. I completely forgot about it.

I'm going to make it for dessert tonight.

Hugs,

Dawna

I want to make this one but how much is 1 packet of splenda, I have the carton. Is it 1 tblsp or tsp?

Thanks

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a

I just made this... YUM!!!! Thanks for sharing it Dawna!!

Next time, I might try adding a tiny bit of DaVinci SF Caramel Syrup.

Cheryl

Guest raidermom

Dawna, I'm with you!! It's been a while since I've had this........tonight sounds good! :D

And Cheryl...I have the SF Caramel Syrup here, sounds good!

Off to the kitchen........

I made this today and it was so yummy thumbup.gif

I was wondering if anyone had made this with 1/2 of an apple so that it is chunky?

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a