Health Discovery Network
Little Chubber

I LOVE my popcorn and I won't be giving it up.....

But I wished to heck I knew how many points it was.confused24.gif

Anyone care to take a stab at it?popcorn.gif

Here's my recipe:

2 tsp of olive oil

1/3 cups of seeds

I pop it in the Pesto Power Popper in the microwave. I love the flavor and it's a great way for me to get my oil in.

Honestly, I have a hard time believing/accepting that it's so many more points on Points+. Popcorn is a healthy snack.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

According to the tracker on etools, 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels is 7 points. So, with your 2 tsp. of oil, I guess you'd have a 9 point snack. It DOES seem like a lot, but that must make a whole pile of popcorn.

I love popcorn too.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Well you know the 2 teaspoons of oil is 2 points. Does the bag of kernals have ni on it? If so, you can use that to figure out the points for how much you're using.

I agree with you though, there is nothing as good as fresh popped popcorn.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Popcorn is a lifetime staple for me. When I was growing up my father would make popcorn in a large pot, and we'd all have our own very large bowls of it. He'd make a second batch and we'd eat that too. At the movies I would buy one of those large refillable barrels and refill before the movie started.

The popcorn I'm currently eating/buying has an NI which figures out to 5 points for 10 cups - which is the entire bag. I've always hated the way NI is on microwave popcorn. One really has to go searching to find the "popped" values.

I prefer buying the kernels and popping my own, but I don't currently have a good "popcorn pot."

Deborah

-------------------------------------------------

To love another person is to see the face of G/d

Gay/Lesbian Issues

http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

Trudie - Weight Watchers means never having to say "no" to your favorite foods. (But,you already know that.)

How many cups does one-third of a cup of seeds make, after it's popped?

I looked on WW recipe builder and used "plan, oil popped, popcorn" - it it told me that three cups had a points plus value of 4. That's about what I guessed it would be.

I had the same popcorn shocker when I switched to P+. When I feel really munchie in the evening, popcorn can fix that for me in a way celery and carrot sticks just can't seem to measure up. My "old plan" 2 point snack went up to 7 points on P+. I just remind myself that I have 9 "extra" points a day now. I can still have it; I just have to plan for it.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

I had the same popcorn shocker when I switched to P+. When I feel really munchie in the evening, popcorn can fix that for me in a way celery and carrot sticks just can't seem to measure up. My "old plan" 2 point snack went up to 7 points on P+. I just remind myself that I have 9 "extra" points a day now. I can still have it; I just have to plan for it.

Carrots do work for me - I sometimes add a tablespoon of light ranch for dipping. I don't use it all, but that added flavor, and seeming substance, rounds out the carrots for me. As contrasted to Popcorn it is a bit of "sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't" for me. Sometimes it is convenience, and carrots are easier! LOL! :)

Deborah

To love another person is to see the face of G/d

Gay/Lesbian Issues

http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

4T=4p+, just cut down the amt. of unpopped you're using. Thats gotta make alot of popcorn. I would not give it up either, its just too good

I believe there are errors about Popcorn in the WW literature. Go to The Core section here they have a pDF of the errors so far found.

Peg

4T=4p+, just cut down the amt. of unpopped you're using. Thats gotta make alot of popcorn. I would not give it up either, its just too good

Oh ya, it makes a nice big batch. I have made half a batch, ate it, and went and made another half batch.:bcb_LOL:

I know I don't have to give it up. I just don't like the amount of points it is now.

Peg, I need to go see the PDF of corrections....

Trudie

PAGE

LOCATION OF

INCORRECT LIST ITEM INCORRECT ITEM CORRECTION

Left column, near bottom,

under Popcorn

▲light, butter-flavored, popped,

3 cups . . . PointsPlus value: 2

light, microwave-popped,

3 cups. . . PointsPlus value: 2

light, plain, popped, 3 cups. . . PointsPlus

value: 3

(note the deletion

of ▲, and change of PointsPlus value)

light, butter-flavored, popped, 3 cups . . .

PointsPlus value: 3

light, microwave-popped, 3 cups. . .

PointsPlus value: 3

light, plain, popped, packaged, 3 cups. . .

PointsPlus value: 3 (note addition of

the word “packaged”)

Lol, oh boy. Version 8's corrections. Popcorn is more with the correction.:bcb_LOL:

Trudie

I haven't tried it yet but at a WI, the leader raved about air popped popcron spritzed with EVOO and rosemary garlic seasoning. I was wondering what you all used. I personally use only evoo/salt and love it but 2tsp doesn't go far.