Health Discovery Network
dressage queen

BCB Exercisers - February

Thought I would get this started. I have been sick for a week and a half. So, my report is no exercising. Just started at the gym yesterday.:bcb_wink3

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Bella%2Band%2BI%2BIntro%2BA.jpg

Hi, Liz. I struggled with a sinus/head cold thing last week and didn't do very well either. I'm ready to get back at it. Went to Curves last night. It felt good.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Hi, Liz. I struggled with a sinus/head cold thing last week and didn't do very well either. I'm ready to get back at it. Went to Curves last night. It felt good.

I agree. Even the little bit I did made a world of difference in my outlook on life. Ever onward. Today I take my friend out for her birthday, so tomorrow is an attempt at running or something similar. ha! :bcb_grin

Liz

The Dressage Queen

I used to post in this thread but have been away from BCB for several months. I'm back and getting focused again. I am a runner but not able to run due to foot surgery in December. The day the doctor gave me the okay to exercise though I was back at the gym. I'm trying to swim, do some some cardio machines (bike, eliptical, etc) and lift light weights but it's frustrating because I'm not able to exercise at the same intensity I'm used to and as a result my weight loss is very slow. Running really gives me the best bang for my exercising buck.

Today I will go to the gym to do 40 mins of cardio and then swim 800m.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

Here to join an activity accountablity group! I am back on the plan after having my last baby. She's 14.5 months now.

I won't get a ton of working out in this week but it's a start.

2/20

Sun-0

Mon-The Firm Complete Aerobics and Weight Training

Tue-0

Wed-0

Thu-0

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Update:

Monday - 2 miles on TM; strength training:salut

Tuesday - 10 min on TM; strength; 5 min on TM; strength; repeat until exhausted.:bcb_smile

Wednesday - 3.1 miles on TM doing 60-second switch; core exercises

Thursday - Sore from all this exercising! :bcb_grinProbably will do ellipitcal and strength/weight training.:bcb_up

Liz

The Dressage Queen

I used to post in this thread but have been away from BCB for several months. I'm back and getting focused again. I am a runner but not able to run due to foot surgery in December. The day the doctor gave me the okay to exercise though I was back at the gym. I'm trying to swim, do some some cardio machines (bike, eliptical, etc) and lift light weights but it's frustrating because I'm not able to exercise at the same intensity I'm used to and as a result my weight loss is very slow. Running really gives me the best bang for my exercising buck.

Today I will go to the gym to do 40 mins of cardio and then swim 800m.

Sorry you have been out of commission. Swimming is a great exercise! I need to get into the pool just to give my aching body a rest from the pounding of running. Howard Community College is nearby, and I think they have a pool. I'll have to look into it; maybe go on the weekends since this darned work gets in the way.

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Hello everyone

I hope that all those feeling under the weather are recovered and feeling well again. I haven't been sick, but recently pulled a muscle in my calf which has kept me from running. Its been a week now and is feeling much better, I think I may try a run on the TM tomorrow. I have still been able to use my stairclimber, thank goodness. Doesn't seem to bother it at all.

I started using an app on my iphone for running and it keeps track of my runs, love it. Since Jan 1 I have run 168Km. I plan to keep track throughout the year and see how many miles I can manage. Here is the website if you want to check it out. http://runkeeper.com/user/memobe

Happy Exercising

Moe :salut

Seems like February was a quiet month for exercisers. I am still recovering from my foot surgery but was able to run a little bit on the treadmill these last few days. Funny thing is my foot feels fine but I keep getting "stitches" in my side at the 5 mins mark that I can't run through. I did ask the trainer a simple question about ab exercises yesterday and he ended up spending 45 minutes with me going through a variety of ab exercises! I'm always game for a little free advice!

I'm looking forward to progressing in my running in March and hopefully being able to run outside on harder surfaces.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

This has been a quiet thread. I am guilty of not posting to. Thankfully, I haven't had any injuries and I have been still running. I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon on Sunday. It was a great run.

Still not sure what my running plan is from here. It is nice to not be "in training" for a little while.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155